Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zompochalypse OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Divine Virus
Alright. Welcome to the Zompocalypse OOC thread. We have a mess of characters so I thought I would start this early. I would like to reiterate that recruitment is still open, however those who send me a character past the first will be joining the game at a latter date.
That said.
I think it would be nice if we all gave an introductory post. Say who we are (real names if comfortiable), how long we have been playing, what you want other players (NOT other player's characters) to know about your character (at least character name). And, just for fun, where you think the safest place would be in a zombie outbreak. (of course, anything else you want to say about yourself, shadowrun, your character, and/or zombies is more then welcome.

So, my name is Zander, and I've been playing RPGs for about 8 years now, If my memory and math serves me, it will be exactly 8 years in under a week. I've just picked up shadowrun in the past couple of months, though I've been a fan of it for years via the novels.

I'm running this hear game, so I will be playing a full cast of extras, mostly Panicy Idiots, Contacts, Desperate Survivors, and Flesh Eating Zombies. And I think that the safest place to be in a zombie outbreak is traveling through the bush. Head for the okanogan valley or the like.

I would like to appologize in advance for my spelling, I will try to spell check my IC posts.

The IC thread will go up thursday.

Cheers and smiles,
Zander
ludomastro
Hello all! I'm Alex here on Dumpshock, Michael in RL. I been playing RPG since college about 10 years ago. I started in AD&D and in Shadowrun 2nd Ed. I took a several year hiatus but am back at it again.

My character is John Preston, known as Lucky to his friends. He is a pizza delivery guy working his way through junior college. He is based loosely on my own time in college.
Fresno Bob
I'm Will in Real Life, Voorhees on Dumpshock, and Saphi Yago pretty much everywhere else. I've been playing RPGs a while, and currently I work at Starbucks and practice my cynicism. I'm a punk rocker, and I like long walks on the beach by moonlight, expensive cars, bubble baths, and champagne. My turn ons are girls with short hair, combat boots, eye makeup, stockings, bondage, and crazy girls.

My character is Ace Nova, he's a heavy weaponry guy on the Firewatch team. He's geared towards not taking damage, and dishing it out spectacularly. His sidearm is a shotgun, with his main armament being an Armtech MGL-12. He's a rockabilly enthusiast, and will probably come up with nicknames for everyone and everything.
Konsaki
My name is Anigo Montoya. You kill my father, prepare to die.

Player: Matt
PC: Ryan
Time Played: 10+ years of random P&P rpg games
Currently playing: Roland in Insurrection in the forums.
Player Goals: Have fun, kill as many zombies as i can, Try not to die, if i die roll a better char
Char Goals: Survive while saving as many people as i can.
Safest place: Beyond thier reach and faster than them.
Tarantula
I'm Duncan in Real Life, and Tarantula here on dumpshock. RPGing since highschool... so about 4 years or so. Not straight, but off and on.

John Eticott is my character. Hes a detective whos had a bad run at life, but usually manages to live his way through it, and trys to prevent his past from happening again, usually through the use of cyber. Technology doesn't like him very much, and he doesn't like it either.
Rokur
Name's Jeff. Played tabletop RPGs since mid high school so 5-6 years?

Char: Gabriel
What you might want to know: Religious man, and he'll be sporting the "one man army" gun... KE Firewatch team member....

Safest place in a zombie breakout: Either on a boat in the middle of an ocean (Doubtful zombies can swim) or inbetween Ace and Gabe.
Dranem
Ok.. my turn to step up to the plate...

I'm Dranem, been gaming for a good 10+ years both online and P&P.
I've played Shadowrun since mid-2nd Editition, through 3rd, droped it for a few years, starting back up about a year ago when 4th Ed was released.
I also play D&D rev. 3.5 on a weekly basis with an online group.

I only got into play-by-post at the beginning of the year when I finally gave up on finding a live group. My night job doesn't make it easy to find a gaming group.

I play Brian 'Blades' Campbell, chopper rigger for the KE Firewatch team, and reconnaissance expert.

Safest Place in a Zombie Breakout: High above the ground, taking them out where they can't reach you! smile.gif
Large Mike

G'day. I'm Morris. I've been playing RPGs for six years or so. Actually, when I was a kid, my parents thought rpgs were evil and didn't allow any in the house, so, being a kid, I built my own. So I've been building games for about nine years. None of them were worth the paper they were printed on.

I'm normally a GM, but I couldn't pass up a zombie game.

I'll be playing Dynamite Girl, the last of the neo-anarchs. She's only just coming to the stage in her life where she's no longer blindly throwing molotovs, and instead thinking, and then throwing. Not that it matters at this point.

Safest place in event of zombies: Behind nice thick concrete walls with guards on top.
Divine Virus
QUICK NOTE:
UNless you have recived an email from me saying that you can't play, your in. We have a large number of players, and things are going to be choatic. But thats perfect for a zombie game. Some time before the IC thread goes up tomorrow, I am going to post some prodcidures I have cooked up for speeding up combat, its nothing serious, and shouldn't effect game mechanics at all.
Fresno Bob
Oh. Safest place to be in case of zombies? Behind a shotgun and under some armor.
Tarantula
Right, I forgot that one too.... Safest place? Airborne, or better yet, on an orbiting station.
Kiedo
My name is Jacob, and I'm a roleplay-alholic. I've been roleplaying since 1998, when SR3 came out, and GMing most of that time.

My Character is Stasia Miroslav, she's a Russian Paranormal Exterminator. She has an active vendetta against Wolpertingers because they killed her team. She's slightly insane, not slightly worried about zombies, not really believing they exist. She is a wierdness magnet, attracting the strangest people on earth. Stasia speaks 8 different languages, and is fairly friendly, if she finds you interesting. Otherwise talking to her would be a waste of time.

IMHO the safest place to be with zombies on the loose would be on the roof of a very tall building, that has one small door for roof access. That is asuming you have a case of rounds and something that can put out lots of bullets very fast. If you don't have that, a sealed bomb shelter, with years of food, and a chemical toilet.
WinterRat1
Character sheet just sent Divine Virus, I'm posting here now because you said unless you denied us, we're in. Figured I'd save time by posting here now since the IC thread is going up tomorrow.

(Of course, if I get denied, I'll just edit this post and pretend it was an accident I posted here. biggrin.gif )

Name: WinterRat1

Experience: Roleplayed since 1993, played Shadowrun since 1993, mostly as a GM. Been playing on the forums since 2004.

Character: Jack 'Drifter' Chiu. The name says it all. He's a survivor of the Renraku Arcology Shutdown who's been a drifter ever since it ended. He learned to fight and survive in a rough place, but he's no runner by any stretch. Just a normal guy who learned some abnormal things in an extraordinary situation. And apparently that will come in handy very soon...

Safest place to be: A confirmed deserted island with enough natural resources to stay alive into perpetuity.

Interesting Side Note: In 13 years, this is the first shadowrun character I've ever created that has a Light Pistol and actually intends to use it! eek.gif

(Admission: The reason I never used light pistols before is because they always sucked horrendously compared to Heavy Pistols. However, in this game and setting, their higher ammo capacity could come in really handy. Plus, zombies don't wear armor (RIGHT???) so the difference between the Heavy and Light Pistol is only 1 without the -1AP coming into play. Yes, sometimes I am a bit of a stat muncher. wink.gif )
WinterRat1
BTW, Nice touch with the 'Daily News' thing DV. I already get the feeling that when this goes down, it's going to be really ugly. I'm already looking forward to it. smile.gif
Divine Virus
OK, I am starting to write the IC thread. I can't garentee I'll get to everyone right away becuse I do need to sleep soon. If I noticed that your online currently, you will be higher priority.

You will be making your own rolls.
For speading up combat:

Agienst Zombies (and only ageinst Zombies)
1. We will use the straight Inniative attribute. (edge can still be used)

2. Body will not be rolled to soak damage, however armour will be subrated straight from DV, instead of rolled.
In order to cut down on the number of posts, once you declare you attack (or defense) I will work out the damage and the like, and tell you how many health boxes you take. You may state that you want to use edge if you take x of more health boxs. (i.e. if I'm going to take 3 or more boxes of damage, then I will use edge to resit it.)

Thats all for now. I have never actually had expeirence with SR combat in a forum game before, so I may tinker with it a bit.
WinterRat1
DV - Two quick questions.

1. Do you want us to use time/date/location stamps, same format as you?

2. Will Body have any role in damage resistance tests? Or did you mean WE aren't going to roll Body but YOU will?

Just trying to figure out the effects of this rule on combat. Glad we're off and running!
Divine Virus
1. Time/date/location stame is only needed if you are advancing the timeline considerably, or undergoing a major shift in location. Generally I will keep track of that. of course, you are always welcome to post it if you want.

2- ageinst non-zombies, body will be used normally. agienst zombies, body will not be used.
Konsaki
Ryan is going to try and regain control of the car.

Pilot Ground 1 + Reaction 6 = 7 Dice (3TN)
1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 4, 6 = 1 success.

So my char loses control of the car due to the rear-ending and crashes. I dont know how damage works on my char but i dont care about the car really.
Kiedo
@Konsaki, I was thinking, but forgot to mention it before hand, but it'd be nice if Stasia knew a few of the other characters, so I was wondering if you wouldn't mind if "ran into" your character as he ran down the alleyway. I'm going to post it IC, but if you don't like the idea, I'll just edit it to some inner monologue or something.
Konsaki
Go for it. Lets see how it works out.
Kiedo
Opps, I broke the space time continum. Seeing as she left the building at 10:38 and you had your wreck at 10:35. I hope stephen hawkings will forgive me.
Divine Virus
OK... Good inniative, and two small clarifications
1) Blades, all three of you are in the mourge. You ain't on the roof with the choper. feel free to edit the post.
2) keido and konsaki, you guys got ahead of yourselves. About a two blocks from the hopstial, the trafic suddenly went all thte hell, gridlocking you to. I will post to correct it, and I trust you guys can edit/annul that which contradicts this.
Konsaki
Darn, our evil plan was thwarted by the GM.... grinbig.gif
I edited my last post, though i can edit again if i need too. To bad there is no way to delete a post if you need to.
Rokur
QUOTE (Divine Virus @ Jun 1 2006, 04:51 AM)
2. Body will not be rolled to soak damage, however armour will be subrated straight from DV, instead of rolled.
In order to cut down on the number of posts, once you declare you attack (or defense) I will work out the damage and the like, and tell you how many health boxes you take.

Son of a bitch!
You could have maybe mentioned this fact at chargen?
Freaking 70 buildpoints down the drain for a high body. Yay... I have an impact armor of 5... Fragging oh yea, the Troll's the weakest one out of the entire group... makes sense.

Whatever, I'll play with it... Don't expect me to stay anywhere near any zombies since apparently my troll will be the least able to resist damage....

edit: yes, I know this is in the book as a suggestion.... yes, I'm calling FASA dumb.... so sue me nyahnyah.gif
WinterRat1
Just one thing I would point out about using no body to soak damage and letting armor subtract straight from the damage value DV:

To even give one box of damage to a character with armor jacket (8/6) and no other armor, the zombie would have to do at least 7P. And that's AFTER the opposed melee combat roll. That means either these zombies have to have troll-like strength, or are ridiculously skilled hand-to-hand combatants. Just thought I'd point that out because it means it's really hard to hurt anyone wearing any kind of armor at all.

Are you sure you don't want to stick with the standard Body + Armor roll to soak? If you're going for scary and lethal, that might be something to think about. I'm fine with whatever, since you're the GM, but I thought I'd at least point out some of the obvious implications to that ruling.
GingerKid
Archangel is wearing his chameleon suit. It is turned off, so that it looks kinda like a grey jogging suit. He will also have his mono whip on the hidden slide up his left arm and his predator on the hidden slide up his right arm (loaded with regular rounds). His comlink is in hidden mode. Everything else is in the duffle bag in the floor of his cell in the church.

Oh and hi. My name is Shawn. Been doing RPGs for a long time now. Just started shadow run with SR4. My char, Michael "Archangel", is a really religious guy who looks like your average joe, but if you are around him you get the feeling he is dangerous. And the best place to be during a zombie breakout is in the wilderness, in a cave with multiple exits that you can block off easily.
Large Mike

Did I miss my cue? I didn't see any start conditions for my character.
Divine Virus
You guys have raised some valid points about body and armour. I have reconsidered, and I've decided to return it to the normal body+armour. However, for the sake of quick gameplay, I will still be rolling thisfor you. Pardon please.
Divine Virus
Large Mike-> you didn't I just ran out of time last night. I will work you character in ASAP. My appologies.

The FW team are now in Combat. since this IS with a zombie, unmodified iniative will be used. In ties, highest reaction goes first.

This means the following order.
1) Gabriel
2) Ace Nova
3) Blades
4)mortician
5) Johnny
Rokur
Free: Speaking "Taking the shot, Alpha, no sudden moves"
Simple 1: Quickdraw Pistol and fire:
Quickdraw test:
[ Spoiler ]

Shot:
[ Spoiler ]

Simple 2:
Shooting again:
[ Spoiler ]

Rokur
PS - those shots are a base 7P/-3 EX explosive ammo is in the pistol....

PPS - I am leaving tomorrow morning to Chicago for a wedding so that may be 3 days where I can't post. Feel free to move me as you guys see fit. Dranem and Voorhees have my char sheets as well as Divine Virus.
Divine Virus
Dranem, I hate to repeat myself. Remember, I said that all three of you are in the morge. You are not on the roof with the chopper. please edit posts. for now I will not be posting my rolls, to keep you a bit more in the dark about zombies.
Ace Nova, your turn
Divine Virus
Keido and Konsaki:
I need you guys to make either a stength or a agility test ageinst the mob to keep from getting dragged along with the flow of it. bocth and you get knocked down underfoot. This is not needed if you go with the flow of it.
WinterRat1
DV - Do I need a perception roll or anything just to quickly scan the situation? If I do, go ahead and roll for me, this is so small not worth posting a separate roll.

Mostly I just want to know the following:

1. What the surrounding environment is like? This should be easy, since you said Drifter's been around here before. I (the player) have no idea what it looks like, but Drifter would, so a description would be helpful.

2. If there are any other people in the area, especially really messed up looking ones who are moving weirdly like this lady.

Also, I keep picturing Resident Evil 2, with a burning car in the middle of the street and flames everywhere. Is it like that or not quite so crazy?
Dranem
You want me to have left my babby... my chopper, all by her lonesome on a strange roof? frown.gif
Who know's what they'd do to it!?! wink.gif
No offence, but blades would probably sleep in the chopper rather than wait down in the morgue... the logistics for the entire team to sit watch....

I'll see about editing my posts by tomorrow if you don't like my arguement. rotate.gif
Divine Virus
I will roll perception for you WinterRat. (secretly)

As for Resident Evil burning cars etc... just wait 5-30 minuets.....

Divine Virus
QUOTE (Dranem)
You want me to have left my babby... my chopper, all by her lonesome on a strange roof? frown.gif
Who know's what they'd do to it!?! wink.gif
No offence, but blades would probably sleep in the chopper rather than wait down in the morgue... the logistics for the entire team to sit watch....

I'll see about editing my posts by tomorrow if you don't like my arguement. rotate.gif

You were dealing with a seriously injured teammate, who needed your support. all three of you brought Johnny in. The doctors did what they could, but he took a turn for the worst and croaked as you waiting just outside. The doors said they needed to run a few quick tests down at the morge, if you could come down for fifteen, twenty minuets, then sign for the body and say your regards, that would be great. Exhausted after being on your feet for some 30 hours, most of which was a pitched battle agienst ghoals, like any good soldiers you guys napped. however the few tests turned into a 6 hour autopsy, and you all manged to catch a good nights sleep by accident.

Plus, I don't want you of the roof for plot reasons.
Fresno Bob
Simple action 1: Bringing the shotgun to bear

Simple action 2: Bang.

Shotgun 7 + Agility 7 + Smartlink 2 = 16 Dice
6 Hits.

Ace's shotgun is loaded with normal ammo, base damage 7P/-1AP.
Divine Virus
I'm sorry, I am too tired to post right now, but will when I wake up tomorrow. technically today. And in the future, please post your dice rolls (Rokur) gave a perfect example).
Fresno Bob
Hm, DV, the post where you describe Johnny attacking Ace seems to have disappeared.
Konsaki
This is for Ryan to see what is pushing the mob of people back towards the hospital.

Agility(5) test to pass through the crowd and climb up a car.

4, 5, 6, 6, 6 = 4 hits

Perception test
Perception(3) + Intuition(3) = 6 dicepool

1, 1, 1, 3, 5, 6 = 2 hits (Glitched)
Dranem
QUOTE (Divine Virus @ Jun 2 2006, 12:22 AM)
You were dealing with a seriously injured teammate, who needed your support. all three of you brought Johnny in. The doctors did what they could, but he took a turn for the worst and croaked as you waiting just outside. The doors said they needed to run a few quick tests down at the morge, if you could come down for fifteen, twenty minuets, then sign for the body and say your regards, that would be great. Exhausted after being on your feet for some 30 hours, most of which was a pitched battle agienst ghoals, like any good soldiers you guys napped. however the few tests turned into a 6 hour autopsy, and you all manged to catch a good nights sleep by accident.

Plus, I don't want you of the roof for plot reasons.

Ok... will edit my posts accordingly as soon as I can...

[edit]
Ok.. both of my posts have been edited, and and I'm in the scene with my team. Most likely both Ace's and my shots will ring out together, actually would be pretty cool...
Taking a my shot: Recoil compensated for the first burst...
Automatics (2) + Agility (4) + Smartlink (2) + Called Shot to Head (-2) = 6 dice
1  [6]  [5]  [6]  4  4 = 3 hits
9P/-2 using Explosive Rounds (includes +2 DV for called shot)
Kiedo
Agility 5 (to keep from being swept with the crowd.)
6, 5, 5, 3, 3

3 hits

Strength (4)+Agility (5) to keep from being knocked down (if nessicary)
6, 6, 6, 6, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1

4 hits (that's too easy, I'm going to stop being lazy and use real dice instead of a dice roller program).

Perception (to see what's causing the flood of people, how close, ect. And an alleyway to duck down.)
Intuition (5) + Perception(visual) (4) + Enhanced perception* (2) + Vision Enhancement* (3)
5, 1, 2, 6, 2, 5, 2, 5, 3, 3, 1, 4, 5, 2

5 Hits (they are in the order I rolled them in case of modifiers)
* adept powers (for easy refrence if you want to double check stuff)
GingerKid
I took a few liberties with perception I think. I just assumed I saw Drifter approach the car wreck, saw the lady get out of the car, and heard Drifter. Here is a perception roll in case any of that isn't cosher.

Perception + Intuition + CyberEnhancement = 9 dice
5,6,1,6,4,2,4,5,1 --> 4 successes

With his background Archangel should have had knowledge of undead but I forgot it. Doh! Can I default on intuition for recognizes the lady as one, and then default on logic to know how to deal with her? Assuming she's a zombie. If I can, here goes.

Default Intuition = 4 dice
3,2,5,6 --> 2 successes

Default Logic = 3 dice
1,4,5 --> 1 success
WinterRat1
DV - Drifter is making sure to keep distance between him and woman, constantly moving away from her but checking his surroundings to make sure no one else is near to him or closing in on him. If for any reason the woman manages to get within 10 meters of him, he will draw his gun and fire.
Kiedo
You know I just saw land of the dead again, those have to be the scariest kind of zombie, the semi intelligent ones.

Sure I'll give you that running zombies don't really seem feasable, but using a hatchet, and to a lesser degree gun, I'll buy it. Though I probably should keep my mouth shut about that, don't want smarter zombies then there have to be.

I am also severly kicking myself about taking the logical approach and not saying she had all of her gear with her, I have a sneaking sense that she'll need the full body armour before she gets back to her place, but at least I was smart enough to keep the chameleon suit. Zombies can't be THAT smart.
Konsaki
Well... Zombies might not be able to equip themselves, but they shouldnt be able to UN-equip themselves either. So if i died and went braindead right now, I would still have my bracers and armored jacket on.
Divine Virus
Gah, sorry I dropped off the face of the earth for a day, long story. WOrking to get caught up in this thread.
Divine Virus
Gingerkid-> you know about ghoals and vampires and teh traditional SR undead. These are a new breed of critter.
Divine Virus
Next IP for the firewatch team. Unfortunatly I cannot find the post when Johnny attacked Ace either. Is there a need for me to try to recreate it?

FOR EVERYONE YET TO MAKE AN APPEARENCE
I am about to make a second post. This post applies to all of you! Please pardon the lack of custom introduction.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012