Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Monkeys get a VCR, in real life.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Salvation122
How can anyone read this and not have it just scream Shadowrun at them? Hook it up to a prosthetic and you've got a cyberarm; hook it to an exo-frame and you've got a mech; jack it into an RC deck, and you've got a drone rigger. Bad. Ass.
Kagetenshi
But does it give +2 reaction and +1d6 initiative while rigged?

~J
hobgoblin
it was just a question of time. as for screaming shdaowrun, not quite (unlessmagic is just around the corner). it more like screaming cyberpunk alltho i have been waiting for that for ages now (the corps are allmost there, we just need the tech and maybe a third world war)...

now when will eye mods for heat and lowlight come? and that smartlink? as for wired reflexes, who knows...

hmm, first with a joystick while computer reading mind, then joystick thats does not work and then suddenly its just arm. problem is that this is a learned reflex. its like the money thinking the joystick movements but not doing them, not the system reading the normal arm movement signals and substituting the robot arm for that (alltho that may come if they get going on human trials). one thing i wonder about tho, could the computer jump from one monkey to the other without having ot learn all over again? if so then you only have to record the normal pattern for moveing arm, do a implant and presto. but if the computer have to learn all over again it can be a bit more tricky. atleast for someone that have lost that limb...
El_Machinae
The first thing I thought was "woah".

People now have to question whether the melding of man and machine is actually attractive. If the science can expand to fulfill the needs of the common consumer, the technology would really explode.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012