Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zompochalypse IC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Divine Virus
Week 1
Monday.

Seattle General Hosptile, downtown Seattle. 10:39

The Firewatch team has been in the hopstial for about 14 hours now. the past 7 of which has been in the mourge, waiting for the Autopsy to be complete. They had been fighting ghoals for days, and this is the secound chummer they have lost. Gabriel, Blades and Ace were woken up by the Mortintion. The autopsy was complete, and they could collet their fallen teammate now, if they would be so kind as to sign for the body. With that the short, shrew faced man is gone.

The entire team, what remained of it, was almost dead on its feet, they had had a pichted battle, making a hasty retreat in Blades' chopper, and flown straight to the hosptile, where they were given clearence to land due to the critial condition of their dead teammate. He shouldn't have died, all the doctors agreed on that. Thats why there was the exhaustive autopsy.

Seattle General Hosptile, downtown Seattle. 10:38
Drifter had been on edge for days. And he was exhausted, even with his sleep regulator. he pushed his body too far. He had finally settled down to sleep in a hollow in the bushes outside Seattle General Hospital. He knew it was a safe place, he had slept their many times before. To his astomishment, Drifter discovered that he had slept for a full 6 hours, unheard of! Drifter struggles through his sleep, trying to remember what woke him up... a noise... a car crash!

Seattle General Hosptile, downtown Seattle. 10:40
Lucky woke up in a white room. His whole body was sore. He struggled through his memory... he had been making a delivery... but the roads where even worse then normal... truely horrific conditions. Reffugees all over the place... someone had shammbled out infront of him in the road...lucky severed to avoid..... and now he was here... judging from the look a things a hopstal... But it was frightfull quite, and empty...

Archangel was fast asleep when the sound of a car crash woke him. He was sleeping in a cell in a small church with a great downtown location. It was right next to the hopstial, and was often frequented by families of patients. This church was friendly to Archeangel and had gladly offered him shelter after he just suvived the last mission by the skin of his teeth....

Seattle General Hosptile, downtown Seattle. 10:35
Ryan was returning from a hellish day. He had been picking off ghoals all night, a silent support to the Knight Errent teams. Finally a pack of them found him and he had to hitail it outta that neigbhourhood. He might not have made it if he didn't come acoss a car "parked" in the middle of the road, keys still in it and doors open. Taking it as a miracle, he jumped in and gunned the engine. He was burnt, and had little idea what was going on, but the traffic seemed hellish.
His target coloney had been living in the basment of a building waiting for demolition (in downtown seattle of all places!). Not really seeing what was happening, he was dimly aware of passing the general hopsital when a care swerved right into the back of his "borrowed" vehical.

Stasia had been in the hospital for a week. Not the Seattle General, but rather a street's docs that ran out of the basement in a building next door. She had taken a bad hit, but it seemed fully healed now, just as the street doc said it would be. She streaches and packs up her gear, just in time to see car heading madlytowards the hosptial. a man in driving, and a woman is in the passanger seat, looking like hell warmed over. Stasia sees the womans eyes open suddeny, and then the woman floop ontop on the driver, and a splash of blood hits the windsheild. The car swerves madly and runs right into another car...
ludomastro
Lucky sits up and looks around trying to find his bearings. He hopes that the cobwebs in his head clear soon. What happened? Last thing I remember, I was making this run and then this guy just walks out in front of me. What's up with that? Alright, let's find our what hospital we're in.
Divine Virus
Alex
There is no one else in the room, nor is there much noise comeing from the rest of the hospital. On a small table beside the bed is a clock and a box containing all his personal effects. everything is there. At the foot of his bed is a clipboard with a peice of electronic paper attached. It gives a chart, and several pictures on the accident. By all right it should have killed Lucky, and all he has is a bad bruise on most of his body. On the top of the electronic paper SEATTLE GENERAL is printed.
Kiedo
"Huh, you don't see that everyday," Stasia says to herself in russian. All the more reason to watch your hoop tonight. She walked to were he bike was parked, checked to make sure it was still intact, and smiled finding everything nominal.

There was a locking storage compartment under the seat in which she carried the pair of Hammerli's she owned along with the concealable holsters, she picked these up and put them on. In her dufflebag, she had her Alpha, a handful of clips for both the rifle and the attached grenade launcher (currently it was loaded with EXEX, and HE grenades), that sweet chameleon suit she had, and other assorted gear.

She was wearing a black skirt, a pink t-shirt that said "I'm hate red socks" and her lined coat. her hair was cut short, and she had many piercings on her ears. The bike started up with a high pitched rumble and she drove slowly out onto the street. She pointed the bike in the direction of her home, and set off driving to it.

[ Spoiler ]
Konsaki
Seattle General Hosptile, downtown Seattle. 10:35

Ryan's head snaps back into the headrest as his "New" car is hit from the rear. As he regains his senses, he sees another car stopping right infront of him. "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit!", was the only thing going through his mind as he wrenched the wheel hard to the right.
Luck must have been smiling at him this day, because he barely managed to miss the car infront of him, but luck wasnt smiling for that reason. Just as he passed by, his front right tire hit a pothole in the road and caused his car to spin. Onlookers couldnt tell which was louder, the skreeching tires, the onsetting crash or Ryan yelling out at the top of his lungs, "F#@*$".
Probably the only thing luck had going for him was the fact that once it was all over, he hadn't hit any innocent people during his crash. He looked at the front end of the car and saw a lightpole sticking half a meter into the engine compartment and knew this baby wasnt going anywhere other than the junk heap.
After checking himself and his biomonitor over for injuries, Ryan got out of the car, grabbed his backpack and started running down an alley near the hospital. "Shit, this sucks!", was the only thing he said in mourning to the now dead car.

[ Spoiler ]
Fresno Bob
Ace was meticulously dragging a comb through his hair, when the mortician scurried up to him and stuck a clipboard under his face. Ace slowly and quietly scratched his name into it, and then stood up. He lit up a cigarette, and took a drag.

"Real great fucking day. Johnny gets his arm bitten open, which he somehow dies from. We landed with five guys, and now we're taking off with three. And of course, Mayor Fuckface decides to cancel his contract. Whatever. I'm done with this fucking city.", he says tiredly. When Johnny's body is wheeled out, Ace lets out a short laugh, then shakes his head. He takes a final drag of his cigarette, then flicked it across the room.

"Well... I think we'd better head back up to the 'copter now. Relocate ourselves to anywhere but here.", he says, retrieving his gas mask and helmet, and slipping them on.

[ Spoiler ]
Kiedo
Stasia was just about the ease the clutch out and get the bike on the road when a car got sandwhiched between another car and a light pole. She quickly squeezed the clutch before the bike got moving, but neglected to release the throttle, sending the motor deep into the redline. It bounced of the rev limiter a few times before she let go, sending it back down to idle.

"Opps," she said with her thick russian accent,"still haven't gotten back all my facalties yet."

She watches as the driver of the car, gets out, grabs his stuff and starts running right toward her.

"Ryan," she calls out confused to see a familiar face, "is that you?"

Ryan whirls on his feet like someone shot at him and smiled seeing Stasia sitting on the bike.

"Where ya headed big boy," she says in the mock flirtatious voice she frequently used when talking to male friends who were just that.

"Anywhere but right here," Ryan replied.

"Well take this and hop on," she removes the dufflebag from around her shoulder and hands it to him. She had thought about just sliding it around across her lap but she didn't want to take any chances. In the past five minutes she'd witnessed two major accidents.

Ryan puts the bag over his shoulder, on top of his own, and climbs on the back of the bike.

"Remember darling, lean with me," she says clicking the bike back into first and once again taking off.
Konsaki
Ryan lets out a sigh as they start off. "I know, I know. Just cause I fell off two weeks ago is no reason to rub it in. Just dont trash this bike like I did to that car back there." The accent in his voice practicly screams "I'm from Tir Tairngire".

Stasia lets out a laugh as she starts to head down the road. "Ryan, you are lucky we were going slow around that turn. I'm happy you didnt make me drop my bike."

Ryan lets out a weak laugh and then blushes a little bit in embarassment. Yeah, I'm happy I didnt drop her bike too. The fall would have been nothing compared to her... "Anyways, I havent eaten all day. Could we stop at a Stuffer or something to get some food?", he replied trying to change the subject.
Dranem
Blades entered the morgue once he got message that the docs were finished with the autopsy. He'd spend a good part of the early morning, tinkering with some electronics connecting the chopper's body to the rear rotor. Some dumb bird got itself stuck in the intake, and the timing of the stabilizer is off...

Man, this mission really went south.. first they lost two shock troopers soon after they landed... Then Doug went and got friend on some down electrical lines... Then Ace radios up that Johnny bought the farm in the end... That wound shouldn'ta killed the chummer, the docs shoulda been able to clean up the wound and Johnny woulda had himself a nice cyberarm... but not today. Man how am I going to break the news to Sarah!?

He comes into the room wiping his hands on the black urban explorer jumpsuit he's wearing as he thinks of how to present his chummer's death to the now widowed Sarah.

"Well, let's get Echo packed up and on the chopper guys, I rather not contend with noon our air traffic... "
Kiedo
"I want to get a shower, and I just went grocery shopping, before the accident, so you can grab something at my place," she says in sperthiel, with a heavily muddled accent.

She takes it easy, going very shallow through most turns on the way to her place, which didn't happen to be that far from the hospital. Not compared to say, Everette anyway.
Konsaki
"Turning away from free food and a good friend is against my code.", Ryan replies with a big smile. "You seem to be getting Sperthiel down, but your accent still glares though. You still have a one up on me though, I can't seem to speak Russian to save my life.", he continued and then laughed a bit.

As they ride on towards Stasia's appartment complex, he turns his commlink back to normal mode. A window pops up in his AR showing a map of his current location. Looks like her place is a pretty long way off from here. Worth the ride though.", he thought as he held onto Stasia's waist.

Divine Virus
Ryan and Stasia

Just as the Seattle General vanishes in the rear-veiw mirror, tires screach, again, and trafic, already hellish, comes to a complete standstill. Profanities fill the air, and the situation only looks worse up ahead.

Firewatch Team
Johnny is wheeled out placed before the three of you. the mortician folds back the cloth and all three of you take a collective gasp. Johnny looks like shit. You've all seen plenty of dead people, but this corpse looks far worse then usual. His body is marked with autopsy scars, his flesh is pallid and limp, and his eyes are slightly shrivled, and starting right up at you.
"I'm terribly sorry," the mortician stutters, "I could have sworn that I had closed them..." reaching out, he pushes Johnny's eyes closed. You watch him make an appologetic exit. You turn back to Jonnhy's body, and the eyes are open again.
Rokur
G:On My Way
Gabriel opens up the large smuggling compartment concealed in his obvious cyber lower right leg. He snatches the contents, putting a wooden Cross on his fallen teammate's chest, and beginning to open the Bible looking for a passage that will help guide his fallen comrade to the heavens. Perhaps his spirit must be put at ease and cleansed of sin
GingerKid

After hearing the crash, Michael walks to the front door. He get's there just in time to see a man and woman on a bike ride off down the street away from a totaled car. Huh, must've been stolen.

From behind him he here's, "How long will you be with us Archangel."

"Not long father."

Archangel puts in a call to Cardinal Alba. "Mission accoplished. I'm ready to return, but I realy need a vacation."

"Good work Michael. Air transportation will pick you up at the following coordinates South of Seattle, 3 days from now at midnight. Try to take the time to relax a little. We will have need of you're expertise when you return to Rome."

Great! I get to vacation in this hell on Earth.

Turning back to the Priest Archangel says, "Looks like I'll be with you for a few more days. I'm heading out for food." Archangel returns to his cell, opens his duffle, and removes a couple items for the walk. The rest, he stores in a hidden compartment in the floor.

Just outside the church he pauses a moment to soak in the sun. Then Archangel opens up a window in his comlink to find the nearest Stuffershack and starts walking down the street.
WinterRat1
Week 1 - Monday
Seattle General Hospital, Downtown Seattle. 10:38:30

Drifter shook himself awake, the sleep regulator helping clear the cobwebs from his mind quickly and efficiently. Patting himself down quickly, he makes sure all his stuff is stashed appropriately in the various pockets and pouches his outfit consists of. He also double checks the backpack he uses as a pillow that carries all his worldly posessions. Finally, he checks the modified telescope case that carries his shotgun. Satisfied everything is where it should be, he shoulders his gear and heads out.

The chaos of the last few days had urged him to lay in some extra supplies, and now he was glad he had. It meant he didn't have to go grab food, he could just eat when and where he pleased. He had some extra bottles of water and ration bars, so he plopped down on a bench in the park and munched a ration bar. After he finished, he washed it down with a gulp of water from his bottle and thought about what to do next.

Remembering what had woke him up in the first place, he decided to wander over to the car accident. Since they were right in front of a hospital, there was no doubt the people had already been taken care of, but sometimes there was an interesting show going on at the accident scene. Besides, it wasn't like he had anything better to do. That settled, he started walking over to the accident scene and began looking around.
Divine Virus
Ryan
As soon as you call up a Seattle map, a icon comes up, declairing an urgent news bullition.

[ Spoiler ]
Konsaki
As the bike comes to a halt in the road, Ryan reads the alert that came up in his AR. What the hell? "Stasia, check this out. Seems we now know why the traffic is gone to shit...", he says with a confused sound to his voice.

Looking around the area, he doesnt see anyway though the traffic. People have started to get out of thier cars cause they have been at a standstill for so long. Seeing this, Ryan does a search of alternate routes to Stasia's place compared to areas where traffic problems and mobs have been reported.

As the search comes back and he does a quick scan, Ryan can be heard saying, "Looks like we wont be getting to your place anytime soon by street. There are mobs and traffic jams all over downtown Seattle."
Rokur
Gabriel crouches and kneels down a bit out of the way. His cybered limbs and his innate reflexes quickly move his body to react to sudden danger. The evil beast stirs from within!!!! Armageddon is now!!!! His outer expression almost void of life, as his essence is mostly machine now. His pistol slides easily out of the holster oh his hip, and he fires at this creature of the dark. "Taking the shot, Alpha, Don't move"
[ Spoiler ]
Kiedo
"Well drek," she says in russian, not bothering to translate it to a language Ryan can understand. Sometimes it didn't need to be. She looks around for an alleyway, hoping she can take a shortcut and get to at least moving traffic.

Reading the news flash Ryan had forwarded her she gets a chill down her spine, this is just what I need, oh well, like anything normal ever happens to you anyway.

"Well my apartment isn't too far from here, maybe fifteen blocks north and ten west, I'm not too happy about having to leave my bike, but if need be, I guess we can ditch it, if there are riots in the city then a crotch rocket probably isn't the safest vehicle to be on anyway, especially with traffic like it is."
Fresno Bob
"Fuck on a trike!", Ace shouts as something hits him. He tries twisting in the air, but the surprise was too fast for his extensive training to compensate. Before he knew it, he was on the floor.
WinterRat1
Week 1 - Monday
Seattle General Hospital, Downtown Seattle. 10:42:19

Whoa, that lady must be seriously drugged up not to feel that. It's not normal for someone not to react in pain after that kind of damage. Well, either she's crazy, cybered to the gills, or on something. Either way, I don't want to get too close to her. Just in case.

Maintaining a safe distance from the woman, maybe a good 15 to 20 meters from the car, Drifter calls out, "Hey lady! Are you ok?"

He immediately realizes what a stupid question it sounds like, except for the fact that her lack of response to the pain might mean she really doesn't know if she's ok or not. Besides, it never hurts to ask, right?
Dranem
Blades walks behind the group, being short, he often finds himself 'catching up' with the taller men of his team.

Gabe wants to say a few prayers before they move on - to give the spirit peace or some such bulldrek. Blades has never been an overly spiritual person, figures God or whatever higher power must have some sick sense of humour to subject meta-humanity and magic on the world... Whoever's up there can't be a dwarf, cause they have no sense of organization!

He only pays half attention to the 'eyes are open' deal, he's kinda lost in getting the chopper ready for takeoff... a good deal of the startup procedure can be done remotely.

Suddenly Johnny moves! Gabe is yelling, instead of his other spiritual 'things' he draws his gun before Blades can make a grab his own riffle straped to his back... Ace is yelling as the re-animated body of their teammate pounces on his back. Blades forgets the check list and pulls his weapon to ready...
Divine Virus
Ryan and Stasia
You dismount from the bike and start wading between the cars and honking horns. It quickly becomes appearent that most people are moving in the opposite direct, at a great hurry, and soon you are fighting your way through a crowd of people, most of them at least semi-paniced....

Firewatch Team
Gabriel's shots catch Johny right in the chest, and he is ealy ripped in two the explosion and his body parts are tosses a few feet away. the shoulders, neck and head , and arms flop some, before beginning to drag itself towards the new closest target... the mortician.

Drifter
The lady gives a shuddering jerk around to face drifter, and her bloody mouth opens in a soundless hiss. She drags herself off the hood and rights herself on her feet, before begining a slow shamble towards Drifter.
WinterRat1
Week 1 - Monday
Seattle General Hospital, Downtown Seattle. 10:42:41

This is not normal. This could rapidly become not good. Let's keep calm and assess.

Backing away from the woman quickly to keep distance between them, Drifter quickly looks around to evaluate the terrain, and more importantly, to see if their were any more...ghouls(?) in the area. The last thing he needed was to get jumped from behind.

Speaking to the lady again, he said in a warning tone of voice, "The hospital's over there lady. You need help, you go to them. Keep away from me, or I won't be responsible for what might happen!"
ludomastro
Lucky gets dressed in his own clothes. I'm in one piece. Not sure how, but then again my guardian angles always seem to be working overtime. I need to call, Bob, and let him know that I am alive. Then I need to call the insurance company. And, I'll probably have to sign out over doctor objections, but I gotta check on some stuff.

With that he heads for the door and looks for a nurse with whom he can talk.
Divine Virus
Lucky steps outside through the door and is immediatly submerged in quite. The coridor is completely empty, not a soul to be seen. peices of litter are scatter about, and some minor peaces of furniture is overturned. after a few seconds of adjusting to the unexpected silence, a distant clamour can be heard, but from wear its coming from is unknown.
Divine Virus
Drifter
You are mostly surronded by skyscrapers. behind you is a rediculously small church, and beside it, the towering hosptial stands in all of its glory. Its a a tall and wide buldings, posting many stories and multiple helicoper pads. basically you are right in the heart of downtown. The area is currently looking pretty deserted. buildings are shutdown, and everything is quite... too quite. Nearby you can hear a commotion coming from the ER of the hopstial, but that is not unusual. there is an abundance of alleys in this area. Its strictly commercial district, however a few high rise conddos spring up a half dozen blocks away. Normally these are shopping malls and office buldings, with occasional goverment and buildings thrown it. Lonestar usually keeps a decent eye on the area, however due to the basements, squatters do pretty well out here. Many of the basements of these buildings have been shut down or are used exclusivly for storage, and as such they have become a haven for ghoal colonies, illegal and street doc shops and squatter havans. Their is a rising cacophony in the background. Other then the car lady, the only other person you see is a man who just walked out of the church. In the distance you can here an undefined rising cacophony.
ludomastro
Lucky makes a few quick calls on his comm; his boss Bob and his insurane agent. He then starts down the hall looking for some reason that this floor of the hospital seems deserted. I wonder where everyone is at this time of night. It's not like a hospital shuts down for anything.
Divine Virus
Lucky turns on his calm just as a broadcasts begins.

[ Spoiler ]
Fresno Bob
"Get the fuck off!", Ace shouts as Gabe's shot tears Johnny off his back. Ace breathes out through his gas mask, then rolls over onto his stomach. He slides his shotgun into his hands, and still prone, fires a shot at Johnny's body creeping across the floor.
ludomastro
Not good, not good, not good! I gotta get outta here! I wonder where I can find a set of wheels? With that he heads for the location most likely to be the exit. I wonder where I can find the elevator? He also pulls out his Pulsar and checks the ammo.
Konsaki
3 Blocks from Seattle General Hospital, Downtown Seattle. 10:43

Sorting through all the people going the wrong way, Ryan took point to make a break in the flow of people for Stasia. "Ouf... Hey! What the hell?", would be what you would be hearing from Ryan if the surrounding noize didnt almost drown him out. "What is going on here? It's like half the city has gone crazy."

After a few minutes of this, he gets annoyed and climbs up ontop of the nearest car's roof to get a look at why people are performing the mass exodus. "What is going on out there? This is fragging crazy!", he yells out in heavy Sperthial.
Dranem
Gabe's gun echoes through the hall, Johnny's been blown in half and the top of him is still going!

Ace, now free, pulls out his shotgun.

Taking aim for the head, Blades kicks in his smartlink to not hurt the coroner, he fires a short burst to his former teammate... his heart sinks, but his instincts are on automatic. "Beta taking the kill."
Damn I hate undead!
Kiedo
"Yeah, but is it really that unexpected," she says, in sperthiel, climbing atop the car roof where Ryan is currently trying to scout.

"I know it sounds like the cliched confession of a taxi cab driver, but this city is been coming to this for a long time," she say droping back into english as she speaks.

"Perhaps we need to get off the main road, and find a nice alleyway that runs in the direction we're moving."
GingerKid
Week 1 - Monday
Seattle General Hospital, Downtown Seattle. 10:42:41

Archangel doesn't get far when he notices someone approaching the car wreck. His upbringing kicks in as he recalls the stories of the good Samaritan. Don't be the like the uncaring. Decided on his new course Archangel walks back towards the wreck.

He sees a lady emerge from the wreck. Good a survivor, but something doesn't feel right. Next, he hears the man warning the lady survivor. Something is definitely not right. Archangel walks towards the man and saying, "Can I be of assistance here."
WinterRat1
Week 1 - Monday
Seattle General Hospital, Downtown Seattle. 10:42:58

Drifter looks over in the man in some surprise. He hadn't expected a stranger to actually offer to help him. Some days were weird, and this one was definitely starting to qualify for that.

"Yeah man, tell this lady to head for the hospital, not me," he responds to the stranger. "I'm not able to help her, so she should stop hissing at me and looking at me all weird like that."

Divine Virus
Lucky
The AR map of the hopstial is still working, and you can quickly identify the nearest exit. Unfortunately the elevators seem to be closed, however there is a stairwell, the nearest taking you through the ER, the alternate is a fireescape on the far side of the building.

Stasia and Ryan
Ryan climgs ontop of the car and completely looses sight of Stasia untill she clammers up with in. Stasia survays the area
[ Spoiler ]

Firewatch team
The shotgun blasts sends the remaining head, shoulders and arms skidding arcoss the floor, knocking off one of its arm. the remaining arm grabs the mortician's pantleg as Blade's salvo turns the back of its head into a fine pulp. The Mortician tries to kick him free but Johnny still spasms forwards and sinks its teeth into the morticen's leg. He screams.

Drifter and Archeangel
The woman does not apear to hear and and continues forward, one arm raising and dropping rythmicall, as if she was trying to pull herself forwards still. SHe is moving incredably slowly, and there is not threat of either of you guys getting conernered or running out of space.
Divine Virus
The Others
You are caught up in this crazy mob that broke out, you have no idea how or why, but everything is going to hell. In the distance you can see two people standing ontop of a car, and you are being jostled about in the general direction of the Seattle General Hospital.
Tarantula
John does his best to get his poor beat up Honda Spirit pulled over to the side of the road as traffic gets worse, and is glad he did when traffic finally grinds to a stop.

He reluctantly gets out of his car along with the hundreds of other people along this street, and being swept up in the mob is herded towards the lonestar station and the hospital. He thinks it probably isn't best to be in a mob heading for the lonestar station, and does his best to make his way toward the hospital instead, hoping to maybe ask the receptionist whats going on with the traffic.
Konsaki
3 Blocks from Seattle General Hospital, Downtown Seattle. 10:43

Trying to maintain his balance ontop of the car, Ryan looks into the distance but is too distracted by the mob to see anything of value. He looks back to where he climbed up for Stasia but cant find here. "Stasia, where are you!", he tries to yell above the screaming and yelling of the mob.
Just after he yells, someone taps him on the shoulder from the opposite direction and whips his head around to see Stasia looking into the distance. I'm looking the fool here..., he thought with a small wince.
"Do you see anything out there, all the people are messing with my vision.", continued Ryan like nothing happened.
Kiedo
"I can't really see what specifically is spooking them, but there is a nasty accident down the road," she says over the yells of the other people.

"We probably don't want to be walking around on the streets right now, lets duck down an alleyway and start heading for my place, if there are riots going on it'd be best to prepare," she says, thinking of the body armor she owned and the automatic 12 gauge.

"I don't like this one bit, most Seattle-ites are so hardened and jaded for them to be making a mass exodous away from something, just doesn't feel right."
ludomastro
Lucky cross references the AR map with his understanding of the city and picks the exit that will put him on the far side fo the hospital from the mob. He hurries with everything that his injured state will allow. I have to hurry. Now, let's make sure that I have a plan. He thinks about different ways to get around the obvious traffic snarls and where would be a good place to hold up or if things were really as bad as the news made it out to be, then how to get out of town.
Divine Virus
Firewatch Team
Gab's pistol rings out two more shots, and Johnny finially stops moving. An uneasy silence fills the air. Then a distant banging and thumping can be heard.....

Ryan and Stasia
They head for the nearest alley, fighting their way through the panic masses and crawing over cars... its rough going.

Lucky
Lucky deturmines that the far stariwell would be best and heads off in that direction. Its eerly quiet, and there are signs of.... somthing... a struggle? Lucky doesn't know what could have happend here. He finds the stairwell easily enough, and its only two floors down to ground level. He exists facing a network of alley and older buildings...

John
John continues along with the croud, trying to hold his own agienst the flood of people, and trying not to get crushed underfoot.
Fresno Bob
Ace quickly stands up, and racks the slide on his shotgun, ejecting the spent shell out onto the ground. He points the weapon at the hapless mortician.

"Keep your distance, man.", he says. "You got bit... If Johnny got bit and died and came back, the same is probably gonna happen to you."

Ace casts a glance towards the doors of the morgue.

"Oh hell, the bodies in the morgue... Let's get the fuck out of here."
Konsaki
3 Blocks from Seattle General Hospital, Downtown Seattle. 10:48

Looking around, Ryan spots an alleyway not too far from the car they are on. It looks like as the mob mentality took over, people have forgotten about the alleyways on thier rush to get down the road.

Pointing to the alleyway to the south, Ryan puts his hand on Stasia's shoulder while yelling above the crowd. "I think I see a way out! Keep on the cars if you can!"

He then takes as much room as he can on the small car and jumps over to the next car to the south trying not to over or under shoot. It takes him five to ten minutes of jumping, pushing and shoving to get to the alleyway.

As he looks down the alleyway, Ryan is surprised at how empty it is at first glance. There are a pile of boxes on the right-hand side and a couple of garbage cans on the left. He then looks back towards the street to check on Stasia.
Rokur
After watching himself killing half of a man. Gabe stares pondering a bit. I wonder if these beasts truly are the unholy! Gabriel reaches in his large smuggling compartment again, and takes out the holy water. He lets one drop of the Holy Water fall from the flask and onto the rancid undead flesh. "Room's clear." he states non-chalantly as he waits to see what happens. "We need to broadcast a warning. Does the heli have a PA system?"

Thinking of the danger ahead, and his training forcing his senses to go into combat mode, his reflexes kick in. He puts away his pistol without resetting the clips. And quickly pulls out his Ingram Smartgun he pushes a button on his tactical belt and out comes a gas vent. He unscrews the sound suppressor that was usually attached to the gun and puts it back in the belt. He double checks the Gas Vent system then screws it on as he eyes up the doctor seeing how the man's reacting. 3 hour mutation time huh? so how many desperate souls must be released into the heavens.

He cocks his head in a slight grin before saying another prayer for the soul of Johnny audible for people to hear. He switches the safeties off. Gun switched to Full Auto. Gabe grins before finishing his prayer and saying, "Let's rock and roll!" His cammo suit comes on so all you see is his head and his hands on his gun.
ludomastro
Why didn't I start playing cards instead of delivering pizza? Oh well, the Lady seems to be with me yet. Let's go! Lucky strikes off in the direction of the street that will take him out of town. Just to be on the safe side he readys his Pulsar. I don't know what would make the mob attack a hospital but I'll be as ready as I can be.
Kiedo
Stasia stands on top of the car they started off on, letting ryan get across, trying her best to be ready to draw if somebody decided in the heat of the riot to attack her friend for his stuff. She almost gets bored watching him take his time carefully jumping form car to car. When it's finally her turn to go she takes it all in one stride, doing a front flip from the fourth car to the fifth, jumping to the sixth car and dismounting right behind a particularly thick group of people.

"On the bright side, unless all of Seattle happened to be downtown when what ever happened happened, these people should start thinning out pretty soon," she says not even winded.

"Lets stop for a moment I want to change into something easier to run in," she says walking behind a dumpster. When she reemerges from behind the trash recepticle, she is wearing a skin tight black suit with a similar colored jacket over it, and carrying an assault rifle. She racks the under barrel grenade launcher, "never can be too careful, are you ready."

She slides the rifle behind her trying her best to cover it with the jacket, she wasn't worried about cops, she was concerned about the chameleon suit she had on concealing her if the need should arise.
Divine Virus
Ryan, Stasia and Lucky
Stasia just finishing changing when a third man comes walks up in the alley, coming from deeper in the maze of backstreets. He looks like a young man, a collage kid most like, dressed in jeans and a shirt that still has a name tag of a pizza deliver place on it.

Kiedo
As the man walks into the alley, Stasia, shoulders the rifle instictively, then sees it's a pizza guy and lowers it.

"Do you know what's going on here," she asks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012