Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New sci-fi RPG
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
jklst14
I stumbled across this game while surfing at RPG.net. Has anyone heard of it before? I was just curious since it seems somewhat Shadowrun like with cyberware, corporations and psionics instead of magic.

http://www.corpgame.com/index.htm

edit - forgot the link
Demon_Bob
Does anyone have an opinion on this?
Ravor
It looks interesting but based off the website I'm getting a bad vibe about the system, I guess I'm getting too old to worry about having to use more then one type of dice while playing. (*Edit* Also I'm not sure I like it when a game appears to be purposely designed with the idea that Characters can be so cool that they auto suceed.)

Plus I'm not so sure I like how the website stresses that you are Agents for the Corps, I've always liked the Freelance Scum angle in my Cyberpunk settings.

And last but not least, I like Escape from New York, ect so they lose points on that front as well. cyber.gif

*Edit 2.0*

However with all that said, if/when they release Sourcebooks I'm planning on looking through them, provided that they are either Hardcover or offer PFDs of course.
Backgammon
Looks like Shadowrun without a budget and without depth.
Wounded Ronin

An interesting question. In Corporation we were very keen to avoid the dark, grimy future of hopelessness. We found the films 'Demolition Man' and 'Total Recall' more inspirational than say 'Judge Dredd' or 'Escape from New York'. That is not to say Corporation does not have it's darker, grittier aspects.

Thumbs down, way down! "Escape from New York" was the only one of those films that wasn't built on some kind of tongue-in-cheek humor.

As far as I'm concerned the only positive thing you can take from "Total Recall" is a spandex leg warmer woman kicking your ass because she has t3h 4s14n m4rt14l 4rts.
hobgoblin
hmm, the basic system sounds like the one used in blue planet. but the need for extra die types makes me suspect hitpoints, d20 style...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012