Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: The Bragging Rights Threads
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Willowhugger
OOC:

Basically, a thread where you tell in character the best stories of your character.

Please restrict oneself to actual played adventures for authenticity.

wink.gif

Setting:

Matrix Virtual Chat Room
Devil's Demise

The entire place had the look and feel of a trashy high tech Shadowrunner bar, which was exactly what the place was. Autonomity was guaranteed in the virtual environment as it was known as a place where people could come to share how they had made their big scores, had done a bloody nose to the Man, or barely escaped with their lives.

The murky smell of cigarettes, booze, and narcotics filled the air. Apparently, they had decided to go for authenticity. The Devil's Demise had rooms that were shaped like luxurious boardrooms though and others like restuarants while even more stretched out with the strange and unusual rooms added to reflect the odd tastes of Shadowrunner's behind.

The Troll bartender was known to record the stories of the Shadowrunners and keep it only for those in the 'trade' to know the truth of their actions. Many would kill to know the secrets of half of these jobs and everyone risked themselves by sharing their stories but so far no one had suffered repricussions for choosing to let loose their bloody stories here.
JackRipper
The background of the Bar begins to rez, a new icon begins to form as it crosses from LTG to system node. The petite elf woman looks around the bar, her pigtails flop around as she does so. Slowly she walks to the bar, her plaid skirt rides her thighs high and her already tight white short sleeve shirt stretches as she moves. She sits next to one of the pre-generated bar patrons. Looking up she smiles at the Troll bartender icon who gruffly states." Need sumthin'?" "Just an ear to bend i suppose" she says lightly. As programmed the Troll bends down and says as programmed." Wass yer story chum?" The elf woman smiles as a huge icon of a flute rezzes from her store files to the VR of the matrix. Giggling she says."One time in band camp...." "Get outta here ya freek" the Troll yells as he flails his arms. The giggling hangs in the room as the elf icon derezzes.

On the bar top an edit code (vandal program) displays in graffeti script glowing words.........You been TRIX'ed.
Willowhugger
IC:

A man remarkably cleanly dressed for a decker sat at one of the tables staring into a computer display as if the outside world was too annoying for him to deal with said. He was good looking too even if his features half looked like an elves despite him obviously being human. He seemed somewhat like a person you could break in haf but pretty in the way some girls liked in guys. Some of those might recognize him as Alex Santana, the elf blooded ex-Novatech sneaker.

"I have an adventure for you," The man replied. "One that I'm quite proud of the way it turned out."

"It was up in Boston where I tend to work. Novatech HQ and they own everything....but apparently someone at Ares didn't get the message. Burt, I actually think his last name was Renyolds, was a Vice President with a plan. He'd hire me and the rest of my team to go kill a ganglord in South Town. A guy with over 10,000 followers named Aesir that had this portion of the city sealed off. The target was pretty much a god as is and then the whole place was going to riot like L.A. It was all shanty towns and No Man's Land anyway to the city. That was when Burt was going to offer to pay for a huge number of Lonestar troopers that he had on hand to come in and bomb the place to the ground. Soon Ares would own a massive portion of Boston and remind Nova of the competition beside them. I think they also discovered oil or something."

The man continued "I got suspicious. So I ran a trace and found out for my team all about Burt's dirty little deal. Leon the Troll was all for still taking out the leader of the Aesir gang in Odin. Trisha, she's a cop in her fake profession, was all for getting the Mayor and I did some number crunching to find out which was more profitable. Given that it was obvious we were going to be served up as food for the gangs after Odin died, we decided to hit where Burt was staying instead. Just listening to the radio we knew we weren't the only team hired for a mission anyway...Lonestar hit men did the real hit while we were set up to be pasties."

He shrugged then and continued "We managed to snag the Mayor and extort a hefty fee from her credit on the spot before delivering her on the spot and had Lawrence...who used to be a military pilot....hijack us a Novatech choppter to blow those Lonestar fighters out of the sky. Burt got dumped out of the side of a plane by his own people as they passed it off as a rogue operation."

He smiled and went back to typing.

"Course I doubt Ares will be hiring us again any time soon."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012