Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Critique My Sheet
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
SuperSpy
Hello Dumpshock,

For every version of Shadowrun I play I end up putting together my own custom character sheets. There are a lot of good looking ones out there for SR4 that other people have put together, but I wanted something that was a bit more focused on function rather than form.

The sheet I have created is somewhat inspired by the sheets Wordman created for SR3. Right now mine has a single front with multiple backs you can chose from depending on the type of character it's for. Currently it has backs for Mundanes (works well for Sams and Hackers), Magicians, Technomancers and Adepts. I'm planning on adding alternative backs for hard-core Hackers, Riggers and Conjure-heavy magicians (with full stat block sections for spirits) as well as some additional sheets for full pages of gear, spells, vehicles & drones, contacts, spirits.

I never shared any of my old character sheets (except with my own group), so I figured I'd fix that problem right away with this version. I figured I'd see if anyone else can make use of these and see if I can get some comments or suggestions on them. Since I'm still in the process of developing these, if you have a need for a sheet with a particular feature, now is the time to let me know. I can't promise I can accomidate all requests, but if I think it improves the sheet and there is room for it, it will work its way in.

Thanks for your help.

SR4 PDF character sheets with multiple backs.
hobgoblin
hmm, looks good.

but it will definetly need its own sheet for the dedicated rigger wink.gif
those drones have a bad habbit of adding up, fast...

lot of good char sheets being created lately...
SuperSpy
Thanks.

For vehicles would you prefer having a list of them with all the stats in a matrix (similar to how it is now, just with a much longer list), or would it be better to have each vehicle in its own block complete with condition monitor and space to write in weapons and accessories?
Ophis
I like them but it would be nice without the dirty arrow thru the condition boxes they make it hard to tick off with pencil in an obvious to read way.
SuperSpy
Yeah, I've been experimenting with different shades of gray for those arrows. One version was barely visible. This version isn't too bad when you print it out. Perhaps I can make the arrows their own layer so you can turn the visibility off if you don't want to have them at all.
Ophis
That would be nice. Now to work out how to switch off layers...
SuperSpy
Okay, I've uploaded a new version of the sheets. I've added a new back for conjure heavy magicians. There's not a lot of room a lot of spirits, but there should be enough space for all the stats of the spirits you do have.

As I was working on the Rigger back page I realized that if I was going to get in all the information I wanted to have available for vehicles/drones, there wasn't going to be room for anything else. And many riggers have commlinks and cyberware and all that fun stuff. So I figured Riggers would be better served by using the mundane back sheet (or Technomancer if they're that kind of Rigger) and I made a Vehicle and Drone sheet. It's an extra page so you can print them off individually as needed. Each side can hold 3 vehciles and I think it covers everything that your vehicle or drone needs.

I also added a full extra sheet for just gear, so you can record all those bits and peices you collect on your runs.

Finally, thanks to Ophis' suggestion, I made the Condition Monitor zig-zag arrows on a seperate layer. If you open up the "Layers" tab in accrobat and look through the tree inside, you should find a layer labeled "Condition Monitor Guides." Click the little eye icon next to it to make the layer disappear and you will have sheets without the arrows.

Let me know if I'm missing anything, misspelled anything, or got something wrong.

Thanks for your help.
Zolhex
Nice not too bad but they won't do for my gun crazy guy he needs 10 ranged weapon slots.

I'd also prefer to be able to fill out the sheet then print it.
Bull
I like the sheets man smile.gif Was looking for an alternative to the basic sheet in the back for a game tonight, will possibly provide some more feedback later when I get home and we've had a chance to put them to use.

Bull
i101
Very nice sheets! I would like to see more space for the Contacts. Like 3 or 4 additonal lines smile.gif
eidolon
That was alwasy my thing in 3rd edition. I always made a character sheet that had an entire page for contacts. This was largely due to the way I ran my games, though. Contact lists could grow quite long.

These look good, but I haven't played nearly enough 4e to be able to evaluate them without using them.
dhyde79
they look good, can I ask what app you made them in?
Bull
Generally, I really liked the sheets. There's enough room to work, extra space for when you need it, and pretty much everything is covered.

The only suggestion I'd make is to figure a way to put in more ID's and contacts. smile.gif

Bull
Irian
I'm missing the Comlink Infos on the Adept's sheet - almost everyone uses a comlink in 2070, so I think it's important enough to mention.
imrtlcomp
I think this is a great sheet. The only thing I think it needs extra page for weapons. What you have there is great, but in most of our games everyone winds up with lots of weapons and the GM sometimes gives them diffrent stats for making special pistols unique.

At one point in a campaing my charater had 9 diffrent ranged weapons... grinbig.gif

all the nice pretty toys..... love.gif

anyway this is a really great sheet.
AJCarrington
Really nice sheets. It would be great to see form versions, but I appreciate the amount of work required to make that happen.

AJC
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012