Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun, Opera, Reality TV
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
MachineProphet
Alright. As I was slaving away at the gym today, I got an idea.

Imagine, if you will, a facility. Two parts Renraku Arcology. One part Insanity. One part Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Call it Mr. McTwist's Machine Factory. Makes the best precision parts of any sort in the world. Gears, gates, sprockets, machine parts, all sorts of little metal widgets, all made perfectly to spec. With an unlimited lifespan, indestructible form, and even unusual luck, they're so fantastic, they must have some secret behind them . . . but nobody can decipher just what. Nobody ever goes into the factory, and nobody ever goes out. Rumor has it that Mr. McTwist lives deep within the bowels of his massive factory, surrounded by an army of drones and spirits. Some say he stole the method from Fuchi before they went under. Some even say the secret ingredient is love. But nobody knows.

But somebody wants to know. Hence, an all-call, everywhere, on the news, on the streets, on Shadowland. We seek Shadowrunners! Whoever can discover the secret of Mr. McTwist's machines will be granted one wish, out of anything in the world! Money, power, fame, revenge, love, enlightenment, oblivion . . . All can be granted in exchange for Mr. McTwist's secrets. But only one wish will be granted.

Now, add a Turandot-sized cast of Shadowrunners. Bring them big, bring them diverse, bring them of all shapes and sizes and walks of life! I want tons. Only the most outlandish of ideas will be refused! But whoever they are, they had better be prepared, because there's only one prize and competition is stiff. Prepare to see Shadowrunners die in droves at the hands of the factory and each other as they risk life and limb for the ultimate reward!

And standing above this pandemonium will be myself, the Maitre d' of Lunacy, and my applicants-requested cast and crew of assistants to manage the chaos and guide you down a quest that will take you from the deepest pits of the Inferno to the very gates of Paradise itself on an emotional and philosophical roller coaster . . .

Anybody interested?
Blitz
Wow...if ever there was a run idea I'd like to see come to fruition, this is it. In fact, I like the idea so much, that I would like to offer my own efforts to help you realize it. If you are still seeking cast and crew, please consider me as a willing and able candidate.

If not, I may be forced to dreg up Captian Bridget of the high seas for a treasure hunt worthy of her attention.
Kurb
I'd love to be your right hand man as well. If not though, allow me to be first in line at a crack for that!!
Fenris
Flint McHenry, Adventurer Extroidinaire, at your service.

I've wrestled dinosaurs in Africa, barehanded, stole a kiss from the Maharaj's daughter in the palaces of India, and walked a tightrope of death while fending off magic, spirits, and mayham in an Aztec'ean death temple, and lived to tell about it! Or, at least so close that I can't tell the difference biggrin.gif

I've swum with the dolphins off the coast of Haiti, swum with the sharks off the coast of Austrailia, and swum with something too big to mention off the West Coast of the Americas.

If you're looking for someone up to the challenge of the little adventure, I'm you're man!

Yeah, I'm already gunning for a character spot.
Digital Heroin
This sounds crazy... I want a part of it...
Chance359
I'd like to take a wack at it.
MachineProphet
Oh yeah. I'm taking applications for everything. Players and managers (assistants sounds too negative). Anybody interested, or with questions or comments, is urged to contact me at my e-mail address, Terraghis@aol.com.
MachineProphet
Alright. I need crew (managers and assistants) and cast (players). Just in case anybody's confused, this isn't a play or an opera or anything - this is a message-board Shadowrun adventure of massive, massive size. Right now, I'm looking for as many managers as I can get, and once we've got a plan we'll start getting players. I'm looking at 3 or 4 players per manager. Anybody who's interested in a managerial position, or who's curious as to just what that entails, e-mail me.
Hot Wheels
I'm interested, but I can't get the visuals out of my head of a group of troll laborers marching along singing "Ompah, Loompah, Doopity Do..."
Fenris
Orange trolls.
Shadow
I would like a crack at being a runner. What are the character creation rules? Or can we use characters already made?
Fenris
Machine, have you gotten any notes from other managers?
Buzzed
Massive. Interresting. This would require a massive rule foundation to support it. I would like to be apart of the think tank that designes this rule structure, as for being a manager or player, I can't decide yet. I sent an e-mail.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012