Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: signal 9 technomancer...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
hobgoblin
was bored, did some quick (and most likely flawed) maths.

end result, if you want to have a signal 9 technomancer, you will need 525 karma love.gif

and those are just the submersions and attribute increases...
i think it just found the mother of all one trick ponys silly.gif
SL James
But on the other hand, he can hack a satellite in LEO while laying in bed.

Just think: Instead of looking like a pervert when he sees a pretty girl walking down the street he can directly hack a spy sat and get a nice high res downblouse shot (even in Infrared!) without her ever being the wiser.
Samaels Ghost
Not to mention he's Threading with 18+Software dice with a cap on those Complex forms equal to 36!!! "But what about the Fading!?!?" No worries, techno also roll Resonace to resist fading as well. Thumbs down to technos....To much is given to them in one attribute. Imagine if Magic Drain was Magic + Willpower....
Ankle Biter
QUOTE (Samaels Ghost)
Not to mention he's Threading with 18+Software dice with a cap on those Complex forms equal to 36!!! "But what about the Fading!?!?" No worries, techno also roll Resonace to resist fading as well. Thumbs down to technos....To much is given to them in one attribute. Imagine if Magic Drain was Magic + Willpower....

You have seen the prices for complex forms at startup, right?
Ancient History
QUOTE (SL James)
But on the other hand, he can hack a satellite in LEO while laying in bed.

Just think: Instead of looking like a pervert when he sees a pretty girl walking down the street he can directly hack a spy sat and get a nice high res downblouse shot (even in Infrared!) without her ever being the wiser.

Nah, the silly bleeder will just load the x-ray vision complex form into his spex.
Samaels Ghost
You don't have to have a complex form to thread it
Aaron
Technomancer A spends 525 karma to get a Signal of 9.

Technomance B spends 525 minutes to hack into the nearest university's satellite uplink.

I know which one I'd rather be.
ShadowDragon8685
The idea of having a Signal rating 9 is appealing, though.

Basically, you become the all-powerful telecommunications ninja. Remote-hacking LEO objects is always cool. You can set them on a collision course with ZO.
Dogsoup
This got me thinking; has anything been said about technos in space? I know their powers aren't mana-related in any known way but still... They function normally?
Jaid
QUOTE (Aaron)

Technomance B spends 525 minutes to hack into the nearest university's satellite uplink.

and technomancer C spends 500 nuyen.gif on a sattelite link that he bought at walmart, and has only one less point of signal. and can carry it around with him anyways.
hobgoblin
true, but it can allso be taken way from him wink.gif

still, i basicly did this to see what it would take to make such a "monster". its not practical by a longshot.

but i think its a kind of benchmark for the upper point of SR4. when the techno in the group hit this point, its time to retire the group silly.gif

hell, your a walking military radar, and all powerd by some x facor smokin.gif
Dogsoup
QUOTE (hobgoblin)
hell, your a walking military radar, and all powerd by some x facor smokin.gif

Would make a cool plot device/npc, fo' sho'.
Dr. Dodge
QUOTE (Jaid)
QUOTE (Aaron @ Jun 23 2006, 10:04 PM)

and technomancer C spends 500 nuyen.gif on a sattelite link that he bought at walmart, and has only one less point of signal. and can carry it around with him anyways.

i havent really put much reading into the technomancer parts of the rulebook (since i think they're pretty dumb) but could they use a satellite uplink? i thought it was a commlink accessory.
iron_ic
Most commlink Assecories can be linked to the link by wireless and are thus accessible for TMs.
Jaid
of course technomancers can use them. effectively, technomancers are a commlink. since everything is wireless by default in 2070, you just subscribe it to whatever (in this case, the technomancer's living persona) and away you go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012