Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Body Count!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Raskolnikov
I'm not even being technical. You have to remember he started off his life as a ganger, long before he was running up against first-world militaries. He was probably over a dozen before he managed to get under 3 essence. Certainly over 100 before he even had a VCR.
SL James
Of course. I remember.

Luckily for him, if Armageddon kicks off again, Banded don't count as "people."
Raskolnikov
When you shoot someone with a 25mm aircraft cannon, you don't really kill them, they just kind of stop existing.

Edit: Anyway, over 15 years of in-game mercenary and shadow work, you tend to end up with a lot of blood on your hands. There's a reason Telnet is kind of a PTS paranoid. All said, I think I've played him 10 real years at this point.
SL James
Indeed. It makes me wonder how much blood some of my characters would have just based on their backstories.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Raskolnikov)
Anyway, over 15 years of in-game mercenary and shadow work […] All said, I think I've played him 10 real years at this point.

Wait, how? You've played 15 IC years in 10 RL years? What's your secret?

~J, having played ~3 IC months in ~3 RL years
Critias
Ten years IRL time (IE, started in 1996), but fifteen years have passed in-game in that time (due to the recent timeline bump, I guess).
Kagetenshi
Oh, I certainly understand the theory behind it, it's just the practice of in-game time moving at almost real-time rates that boggles the mind smile.gif

~J
Gabriel (Argus #2323)
I killed a preist in cold blood, so that should count for something extra, right? I also killed a man with a head-butt. Mostly I just shot people though.
Raskolnikov
Generally, some time passes between runs. I never had my character trying to make a run per night. That seems kind of strange. You need some time to lay low after a major operation, to see who's on your tail and deal with that. Additionally, there's always travel time, especially for mercenaries that operate across a wide portion of the globe.
fool
We blew up the main intelligence/ govenrment building of a repressive regime to overthrow the government. Killed lots of torturers smile.gif and probably a few prisoners too frown.gif .
That's when the nukes started going off around the country. It was pretty narley.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012