Full Version: Shockwaves (in English)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JongWK
Link.

Great job, guys.
Demonseed Elite
woo! No more machine translations.
Grinder
I'm eager to read your reviews and comments about the campaign.
Skarn Ka
Wow Adam, that was fast! grinbig.gif

You rock man.
-Nyx-
QUOTE (Grinder)
I'm eager to read your reviews and comments about the campaign.

Well, the actual campaign isn't included into the English .pdf... it's just the background chapter about Proteus.

Greetings,
Nyx
Grinder
Too bad. frown.gif
Is the actual campaign still in translation?
Skarn Ka
Not to the best of my knowledge. What's translated is the Proteus - Die wohle Wahrheit chapter from the original Schockwellen. So the events that unfold in the campaign are actually briefly covered.

But you're free to translate it for free, because I won't. smile.gif
Charon
QUOTE (Skarn Ka)
But you're free to translate it for free, because I won't. smile.gif

Oh, what happened to all these brave souls willing to work for hundreds of hour on a roleplaying game project for free? Did they all starve to death or what?

Hum, they did starve, didn't they?
Grinder
No, but we have our hands full with many other projects. wink.gif

Sorry, no time for this project, I'm spending most of my (rare) free time doing Earthdawn-stuff.
Grinder
Besides: I know the german version biggrin.gif
Skarn Ka

I do, too, and that's why I did the French and American versions for free, to make as much info as possible available to non-German-speaking audiences. But even those two docs (French and American) proved to be quite a lot of work, even with the dedicated help of some people - and since I don't want to starve, I won't go any further with the translations, except if you pay me. nyahnyah.gif
SL James
Or at least give the man a book or two.
Grinder
I would pay you, but my budget is very limited these days. SL James idea is better smile.gif
SL James
Isn't it? I mean, even webfic authors get a book. He translated it twice, and German to English isn't easy.
BookWyrm
This was only 18 pages? Will there be more?
SL James
QUOTE (Skarn Ka)
and since I don't want to starve, I won't go any further with the translations, except if you pay me.  nyahnyah.gif

All signs point to 'No.'
Grinder
QUOTE (SL James)
Isn't it? I mean, even webfic authors get a book. He translated it twice, and German to English isn't easy.

Hopefully the responsible people will someday read this thread. wink.gif
SL James
I'm not holding my breath, but let us hope.
The Stainless Steel Rat
QUOTE (Charon)
Oh, what happened to all these brave souls willing to work for hundreds of hour on a roleplaying game project for free?

Right here pal...

It's coming along pretty well, but like all applications without design documents it suffers horribly from feature-creep. I will soon have to decide what I can and can't include (at least in version 1.0)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012