Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gen Con 2004 moved later in August
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Convention Information
Jon Szeto
Check the lower right corner of the Indy web page.

The conflict is apparently due to the Brickyard 400 also taking place the same weekend (Aug. 5-8 ), so Gen Con has moved it two weeks back.

Just an advance warning for those who need to plenty of notice.
BIG BAD BEESTE
Oh well, nevermind. It's more time to save the pennies for getting/staying/spending there. Do they do all-in-one ticket + lodging + travel bookings? wink.gif
locomotiveman
Haven't most colleges started classes by that point? I know that many many gamers have now moved beyond college, but many more still are in college, won't this do a good deal of damage to attendence?
Adam
It concerns some people, certainly. I know people that work in the education field that won't be able to make it to the con for that reason.

Unfortunately, it looks like a necessary evil -- getting hotel space during the Brickyard 400 is apparently next to impossible.
locomotiveman
Oh I know that one! I once had to try and get a room in the Allentown area when my father was getting some sort of honorarium the same weekend as the Pochino 500. (how do you spell those damned mountains anyway?)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012