Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Online (Non-IRC Non-Message board) SR4 Game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Pages: 1, 2
JonnyRotten
I am looking to set up a re-occurring online game of shadowrun.

We will be using GameTable (http://gametable.galactanet.com). A online multi-user open source whiteboard intended to emulate tabletop gaming. It has many features that you can check out on that site. We will also be using Ventrilo (www.ventrilo.com) for voice chatting.

If your interested, let me know, and I will send you the address for the message board I set up for scheduling and what not.
Tekumel
I downloaded Gametable & checked it out, that looks like a pretty awesome program, compared to similar ones I've seen, and I've used Ventrilo in the past for various MMOs.

I'd definitely be interested in playing, though my schedule may exclude me...I work 3:30-midnight Pacific time Monday - Friday, so I'd only generally be available Saturday & Sunday afternoons, or like...1-4am during the week.

I'm working on a character background now for my ex-military combat decker character, if that schedule sounds like something that you & your group can work with, please drop me a line and I'll send you what I have for him so far.
Xavier
i'd be interested in getting into this game

Xavier
DJ_mac9@hotmail.com
Adept_Damo
I'd be interested too, bboy_damo@hotmail.com
ApexHentz
Is this game still in the works? Accepting players? Let me know, because a buddy of mine and I are very interested.

Send me some more info, please: apexhentz@gmail.com

Thanks!
Rooks
Me too Cyphusiel@yahoo.com
Adept_Damo
yeah, this is still being planned. It's looking like maybe a sat noon-8 EST thing, somewhere in that time slot.
Tekumel
Guessing I wasn't one of the cool kids since I was never contacted? frown.gif

EDIT: If it's an oversight, pm me or e-mail me at shadowkin0721@gmail.com. If not, I HATE YOU GUYS! I HOPE YOU DIE! *runs off crying*
Rooks
400 bp?
Adept_Damo
um, I hope Jon doesn't mind me posting this, cause I don't even really know him yet, and I'd hate to make a bad start. But here is the addy for the forums that we've been planning stuff on http://shadowrungroup.proboards47.com/index.cgi . I don't think he'll mind, cause we need more people. I figure he probably hasn't seen this thread lately or has been busy, as the probable reasons he hasn't gotten a hold of yall. But yeah, there a post for putting your avaliable times to play, and a post for putting your character sheet and backstory up.
Adept_Damo
and yeah 400 bp
JonnyRotten
Sorry about being out of touch guys. This week was not a good one at work. I had to stay over pretty much every night so far.
Yes, if you interested in the game please go sign up on that message board.
I didn't want to post the link here myself as I don't fully know all the rules.
I would like to play tommorow if we can find someone to GM. I really want to actually try playing for once.
D-Franco83
is is still possile to get in the game or are there too many players?
Tekumel
The game never went anywhere to my knowledge. Lack of organization/leadership it seemed.
D-Franco83
alright well how was that gametable download, did anyone have any problems with it. I just have had bad luck with that. I don't mind running a game for now but all I need is info and i need about four-five people. If we do this we will have to agree on a night to do it. I will be changing jobs so I am going to have to make sure I hopefully get a set schedule for the online game. I live in chicago, so I am on the central time zone. I'll need feedback on the gametable or another problem to use that will make things easier.

It will be the basic 400 bp and I will want to see what everyone spent on. I will give an extra 30 bp if you can give me a good background on the character or a cyberwear upgrade. However, depending on the team build. I do believe in equal rights as in high powered charcters meets high powered opposition. If anyone is interested give me a buzz. Have a good one!

Laters,
Daniel
Tekumel
I live in California, so 2 hours behind you. I'm SERIOUSLY wanting to get some gaming on...however, I work second shift (3:30pm-12am M-F), so basically the only days I can game is Saturday/Sunday afternoons & evenings (after Noon Pacific time).

I have a background I've been working on for a while, that I've never gotten around to finishing. Ex-military anti-cinderella story hacker, to sum it up. His background is focused on Cal Free/Aztlan (San Diego in specific), and Seattle (stationed at Fort Lewis, stayed in the area after he was discharged), but I can adapt it to wherever you're looking to set a campaign.

If those 2 things fit into what you have in mind, I'd love to join. Contact me via PM or e-mail through here.

As far as Gametable goes, it seems like a good program. I didn't have any problems with it until I started poking around in the code. grinbig.gif I think it & Ventrilo would be a great combination for online gaming.

And...what exactly are you thinking for a game setting/plot start? Just curious, to see what kind of game you're looking to run. I'd definitely say I'm looking for a more down & dirty, nitty gritty game, than a light hearted one (yes, comedy has its time & place, but IC busting jokes in the middle of a firefight isn't one).
Rooks
was thinking mafia crew game but I can adjust
Tekumel
Rooks, you've been "thinking mafia crew game but I can adjust" since this post started. And every time I asked you for more detail, you got tighter lipped than a hooker that ain't been paid yet. I wasn't asking you, I was asking D-Franco83.
D-Franco83
Riiiight Mafia crew, well if we get a solid group together I don't mind doing that. I just hope you bring the baby wipes as I send the Yakuza to shove a katana up your gloryhole. I don't mind whatever background you have. The only thing is that you are going to be in Seattle for starters and be warned to everyone interested. If you type to me a story good enough to let your character that that delta grade cyberwear or that awesome power focus or just ungodly stats. I will give that indvidual the hunted quality. So other than that I got saturday and sunday night, well hopefully the job im going to change to will allow me that luxury. Who else is interested in gaming because we have a decker here. I need about three to four more people. just email me the character stuff and don't post it on this message board.

Laters,
Daniel "The Sexy Beast" Franco
Tekumel
QUOTE (D-Franco83)
If you type to me a story good enough to let your character that that delta grade cyberwear or that awesome power focus or just ungodly stats. I will give that indvidual the hunted quality.

There's a hunted quality in SR4? Where? I'd actually consider taking that in my background...it fits, depending on how evil of a GM you are. nyahnyah.gif
Rooks
Oh no sorry that was my plan for a game i was gming but no one wanted to get their act together to actually play
D-Franco83
well just for now i want whoever wants to play to make their characters at the 400 bp total and whatever additions you want i want it seperate along with the background. and I will email you back if it is feasable, if not than stop crying and take off your dress becauase this ain't no tea party chummers! Who else wants to play?
D-Franco83
I have been getting emails from about a few players so if you have your characters. I would suggest getting them submitted to me ASAP. I also have a time of Saturday nights that is so far good with the players as well as myself. I hope to get more replies soon. I hope to hear from everyone soon. Have a nice one chummers,

D-Franco83
Vheni4e
Has this gone anywhere? I am game!
Tekumel
Daniel, check your e-mail. I just sent you my character's background. If you approve of it, let me know & I'll start generating stats. Otherwise, let me know what you disagree with & I'll see what I can do to come to a mutually satisfactory comprimise.
D-Franco83
okay, i haven't gotten yours yet tek but, the game is still going on, i just need people to submit their characters. we are playing 4th edition, because i like it.
PirateChef
I'm interested in playing, got a Technomancer I want to try out, if there is an opening for one
D-Franco83
the thing is that we already have a decker, so far there is one and a mage and now a technomancer...i dunno
Tekumel
QUOTE (D-Franco83)
okay, i haven't gotten yours yet tek but, the game is still going on, i just need people to submit their characters. we are playing 4th edition, because i like it.

Weird. I sent it using the dumpshock e-mail feature, so I guess check whatever address you used for that. *shrug*
Rooks
Can never have enough deckers or mages
D-Franco83
true, but when the shit hits the fan, its always good to have a meat shield--i mean physical support! wink.gif
PirateChef
So what's the verdict... am I in or not?
D-Franco83
well how about you make up a backup street sam or some physical just in case.
Rooks
So we in are we playing or?
Tekumel
Daniel, did my background ever show up in your e-mail, or do I need to send it again?
Tekumel
D-Franco? You alive?
D-Franco83
hey i've been busy everyone with life, um no i didn't get anything from you and the email tek. i just checked it. im moving in about a month to hainsville which is around Round Lake, IL.
Tekumel
Can you post or PM me your e-mail address then? I've tried sending it multiple times, obviously with no luck.
Lividicus
If there is still room for one more I would like to play. please email me at APS_II@HOTMAIL.COM
D-Franco83
okay my email address is tyler_sdogma@hotmail.com and lividicus what kind of character do you want to play, send me a character sheet using the 400 bp point build. we need some kind of street sam or rigger, we already have a mage and a hacker, and a technomancer wants to play.
PirateChef
Actually, I've got a rigger, if that will work better than a technomancer...
D-Franco83
awesome, a rigger, hacker, and mage, well just send the character sheets using the sr4 generator. it is on excel
SeekerOfPeace
Woah.

I must admit I'm jealous of your game. I hope mine starts to pick up soon.
Tekumel
Sent my background earlier tonight to the e-mail address you posted. Let me know what you think of it, I can have the character genned within a couple days of approval.

And is the extra 30BP reward you mentioned earlier still in effect for those deemed worthy, or is that out the window?
D-Franco83
the extra 30bp is out the window.
D-Franco83
alright well whoever is going to play we should all try to chat on messenger sometime to get acquainted with each other and find out a set time to play. i got aim, msn, and yahoo. how about everyone else?
Rooks
all 3
PirateChef
Aim ... PirateChef

Also, who's playing the hacker? I need to talk with him about redundancy issues...
Unrest
Finally in, been meaning to join for a while just keep getting sidetracked. I'll try and have my character sent in by tonight. Got a perfect idea for a meatbag street samurai. Kind of odd, usually the game is full of those types. Anywho my Aim is JestyrSpirit though your probably better of emailing me any info.
Rooks
aim cyphusiel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012