Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New SR4 Game Recruitment
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Fresno Bob
Okay, I feel like starting a game, for some reason.

Anyway, I have no coherent plan, just feel like throwing some runners into the fan. So, anyway heres some rules I like to use.

Need to Know
400 BP
Core book only (Are there even other books out?)
Technomancers probably won't have much use.
Game set in Seattle
Backgrounds are nice, however you want to do it, 20 questions, 50 questions, freeform, whathaveyou. If you leave a bunch of hooks, they'll probably get used, in some capacity. Enemies and the like would also get a bit of use.

So when I look at this tomorrow when I'm sober, if I still think its a good idea, and if theres any player interest, I'll go ahead and start thinking of something to do.
Tekumel
I'm guessing this would be a message board game?
Thanee
QUOTE (Voorhees @ Aug 14 2006, 10:55 AM)
So when I look at this tomorrow when I'm sober, if I still think its a good idea, and if theres any player interest, I'll go ahead and start thinking of something to do.

Heh. So, if you still think it's a good idea, I would be interested in playing. Probably with an awakened character (Shaman).

(Are there even other books out?)

Street Magic is out now. Should have my copy brought back from GenCon tomorrow. smile.gif

But Core only is fine.

Bye
Thanee
tisoz
I'd be interested in playing a shaman.
DireRadiant
Street Magic is out and ready to be exploited!

All awakened group! Let's the spirits be unleashed, the ground will shake, and it will rain fire!

So can I play a shaman too?
spudrocks
I would like to play a gun slinging physical adept
Vegas
I'd probably be willing to toss something together for ya wink.gif
Fresno Bob
Ok, I'm sober, I have work in a bit, and I still consider this a good idea.

I even thought of a first run last night.

Make whatever characters you want, send them to saphiyago at gmail dot com.
MK Ultra
Argh, so many tempting recruiting threats, so little tiem :-/
God45
I'm going to try an idea that I've not had the chance to use, but always wanted to - A Street Racer who runs to earn enough Nuyen to keep his ride cutting edge.

Voorhees, once I'm done I'll send you the details to your e-mail address.
Tekumel
Is this going to be a message board game, or some other medium? I know, stupid question given the forum it was posted in. But it's worth a shot.
tisoz
I'm assuming a message board game here or we would need to know what times everyone needed to be together and where.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Tekumel)
Is this going to be a message board game, or some other medium? I know, stupid question given the forum it was posted in. But it's worth a shot.

Welcome to the Shadows section is almost always Forum games.
Tekumel
Hence the stupid question but it's worth a shot comment. nyahnyah.gif
Cedric Rolfsson
How about a Malaysian ex-terrorist cell member who decided to move from Jakarta for . . . er. . . .'health' reasons and is taking up shadow running?

Full hermetic mage; human--- Street Name: Jaya (until I find something better).
Fresno Bob
Oh, a few things.

Yes, its a forum game. However, schedules permitting, some parts can be played in IRC or something.

I'd prefer that I get characters sent in to me in one of the following formats(In order of preference): .txt, .doc, and .rtf, adhering to a template I will put here in the following

=Basic Data=
Name:
Race:
Birthdate:
Birthplace:
Height/Weight:
Eyes/Hair:
Description:

=Attributes=
Body:
Agility:
Reaction:
Strength:
Charisma:
Intuition:
Logic:
Willpower:
Magic:
Edge:

Essence:
Initiative:
Initiative Passes:
Physical Damage Track:
Stun Track:

Current Karma:
Total Karma:
Street Cred:
Noteriety:
Public Awareness:

=Skills=

=Cyberware=

=Armor=

=Weapons and Ammo=

=Other Equipment=

=Lifestyle=

=Contacts=

=Edges and Flaws=

=Background=

The game will start on Friday, January 10th, 2070... in game time. Not like... thats when the thread will go up.
Tekumel
Hrm. Not 100% sure how the whole message board thing works (somebody with oodles & oodles of experience should FAQ that & sticky it!), but I'd be willing to give it a shot since there seems to be a dry spell of non-forum games.

I'm currently working on a background for an ex-military Combat Hacker that goes by the name of Tekumel. Once I finish the background I'll hack out a character sheet...should be some time this week. The background's kind of slow, I've been going pretty in depth with it. Looking at 5-6 pages at the rate it's going, but with more hooks than a fishing tackle shop.
Thanee
Just check out some games that are running here... should give some good overview how it is done. smile.gif

Sent my character sheet your way via e-mail, Voorhees.

Bye
Thanee
Tekumel
I get the basic premise, it's the little things that I question.

Like how do you keep a discussion between PCs from taking a week real-time while you wait for responses from the other? nyahnyah.gif
Fresno Bob
QUOTE (Tekumel)
Like how do you keep a discussion between PCs from taking a week real-time while you wait for responses from the other? nyahnyah.gif

Most of the time, you wait the week.
Fresno Bob
I edited the template. Adjust your sheets accordingly.
DireRadiant
Is the E Edge or Essence?
Lagomorph
I'll send email soon (2 days time, waiting to get internet up at home) with a character also, probably a street sam/merc just to play something no ones mentioned yet
Fresno Bob
QUOTE (DireRadiant)
Is the E Edge or Essence?

Damn, I knew I was forgetting something. I will fix it nowish.
G.NOME
For the time being, I'm submitting a standardish "gun bunny"-type character for consideration. He's an ex-Special Forces dude with some heavy weapons and medic skills, but he's pretty unexceptional when it comes to close combat.

If there's too much "role overlap" between my character and Lagomorph's, then maybe we could modify him a little....
Thanee
QUOTE (Tekumel @ Aug 15 2006, 12:53 PM)

The most reasonable approach if someone is still owing a response but hasn't replied within some days is to just move on (just moving on is generally a good answer to most time-related issues in forum-based gaming), and that one can simply add in the reply later.

Bye
Thanee
Fresno Bob
So so far I have three characters, Chiller, Spec, and Aeryn, with a fourth, Halo, coming.
venenum
I think ill join in do we need a mage... becuase thats basicly what im good at, if we dont ill be an adept. Do you think i might be able to play a ghoul from 3rd ed. maybe convert as from sr 3... how many bp do you think it should be. it was 10 in the old edition but they used 120 bp so wht ever you think is reasonable
Thanee
Judging from the first page, there are a few interested in playing a mage around. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
venenum
QUOTE (Thanee)
Judging from the first page, there are a few interested in playing a mage around. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee

I know that.... I just didnt know if any had been subbmitted.
DireRadiant
What people say they submit, and what they actually submit may differ.

In any case, I don't think there's a restriction or quota on character types, and it
's always fun to figure out how to handle things as a team when you are lacking some skills or talents in certain areas.
venenum
I have an idea for a character, but with the availibility rules i cant do it. So ill just give a back ground just for laughs and then make a mage.

Patsy grew up on the streets, struggling just to survive. But then one day she cuaght the eye of a corp. recruiter who thought she was pysically fit enough and cunning enough to go into, the super soilder program. Un fortunettly after all the cybernetic enhancements were complete she just wasn't quite right in the head. If she hadn't gone all mental she would have been cut for the good life. But there are no happy endings in real life. As Patsy likes to say, there is nothing more dangerous than a thirteen year old girl.

Patsy is a sadistic, psychotic, Thirteen year old girl, who likes to hurt things just to hear them scream. Fortunetly with the help of ________, she is starting to get a grip on life.

Oh well would have been funny to see athirteen year old shadowrunner. I wanteed to give her a cyber gun but the only one with an avail. of 12 or less is a hold out pistol so no good.

I will post the op the mage later.
Thanee
QUOTE (DireRadiant)
What people say they submit, and what they actually submit may differ.

True enough.

Well, I submitted what I wrote on the first page. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
G.NOME
Revised CS

[ Spoiler ]
Fresno Bob
Okay, so far I have... three characters. And a fourth coming. Is everyone comfortable with that size team, or should I hold out for more people... or make NPC members?
DireRadiant
Either way is fine by me.
Critias
If you end up needing one more, and don't have anyone else lined up, I'm eager to toss my face/gunman/martial artist into as many games as I can (just to test the waters, repeatedly, with one character as I try to learn the new system). I won't spam the place up by posting him right this second, but if there's an opening I'll toss his name into the hat.
Fresno Bob
Go for it.
Vegas
Hey Voorhees,

Are you doing any freebie points for contacts, or are they all coming out of our 400 points? smile.gif
G.NOME
I'm game, but do we have a hacker or technomancer (or both)?
Critias
Shen Bing Lei, aka "Billy Shen"
It looks like he's formatted about how you want 'em.
[ Spoiler ]

And I recently posted some background/short fiction for him here, if anyone's interested.

I think he's pretty much rules-as-written (400 bp). He was made for Vegas's "Fallen Angel" game here on DS, so any house rules would be written up on that thread (the only ones I recall off the top of my head were free contact points for the other 'runners, and I deleted them off my sheet before posting it here).

EDIT - updated sheet to reflect BP award.
Thanee
Vegas also gave free contact points for other contacts (2x Cha) as a (rather common) house rule.

Bye
Thanee
Fresno Bob
Eh, free contacts is fine by me.
G.NOME
So we get free contacts now? : )

edit:
Just kidding. If you want us to add extra contacts, that's easily done, but I don't think it's vital. I'm cool with starting now.
Fresno Bob
Suuuure...
G.NOME
Alright, alright. Here's the "free" contact.
[ Spoiler ]

Now I'm ready!
Thanee
Do you have a rough idea already when you want to get this on the way? smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Fresno Bob
As soon as all the characters come in.
Fresno Bob
Okay, I have five characters now.

Spec, Chiller, Aeryn, Halo, and Billy Shen. If everyone would simply post here saying they're still around, we will begin.
Thanee
Yep, I'm still around. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012