Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Music for Your Running Gunfight
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Aaron
I have an inter-tube radio station I like to call pavao.org/radio (pronounced "pavao-dot-org-radio"). Normally, it's an eclectic mix, but this weekend I'll be playing exclusively techno/industrial/gothic music all weekend, starting when I wake up on 25 August and ending when I go to bed on (or after) 27 August.

It's the sort of music that's usually good for either "Running Gun Fight" or "Finding the Bodies," and occasionally just "Walking Through the Sprawl."
hyzmarca
Interesting.

I'm going to suggest trying some classic NES MIDI. For example, while the PCs are chopping up a downed cyberzombie for spare parts you could play the Weapon Get music from Mega Man 2. Contra's music is great for a Bug of Arcology run.
http://www.zophar.net/ has a good selection.

Aaron
Coincidentally, the music I have queued up for this weekend does, indeed, include music from video games. There are a few NES MIDI's in there, some techno remixes of the same, and some stuff from Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Blood Omen, Soul Reaver, and some others. And, of course, the Super Mario Remix of "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails.
Lazerface
http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks.php

Download the Killer7 soundtrack. Tracks like Rave On and Sweet Blue Flag are perfect for Shadowrun.
Kagetenshi
Which Silent Hill tracks are you using?

~J
Aaron
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Aug 24 2006, 07:08 AM)
Which Silent Hill tracks are you using?

~J

Only the One True Silent Hill Game, being the first. =)

And, all of them. Well, not the credits one, just the creepy ones.
Kagetenshi
The opening credits are creepy in their own way. You'll probably want to skip the opera, though.

And the other games are totally worthy of the name. They even have voice acting worth talking about wink.gif but the first one is probably best as a music source.

~J
knasser

Don't know if it's appropriate to post this here, but I know some of us put some thought into picking appropriate music for our games, or even particular scenes.

I've found a site called http://magnatune.com/ which has downloadable music for sale from a lot of never-heard-of-em artists. Shockingly, some of it is quite good and - appropriately for gaming - there's a lot of music on there without any vocals. Found it as I was looking for some modern Middle Eastern music for a mission set in Istanbul.

Hope this doesn't count as spamming. I'm not affiliated with the site in anyway. I just found some good bits on there for my game.
Kagetenshi
"Magnatune"… sounds almost like "Metatune". You sure you're not funding some Sons of Sauron front?

~J
Wounded Ronin
Deus Ex music.
Angelone
Harmony Steel has some real good stuff @ www. Alarinmusic. com. Her shadowrun collection is nice, but her dance and ambient can fit aswell.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012