Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Legal Licenses
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
spiderjones
"Licenses can be obtained through legal channels, as long as you are an upright citizen in possession of a legal SIN." Shadowrun 4th, page 303 Legality.

I can't find any mention of the procedure or cost here, do legal licenses cost the same as fake ones (I'd imagine fake ones were more expensive), are the costs for legal licenses negligible, it simply takes time and a little nuyen?

Has anyone had a player with the SINer negative quality get legal licenses for any of their restricted gear?
Jaid
just eyeball it. if you don't want to bother with costs, make it part of their lifestyle.

and as far as officially, openly registering your shadowrunning gear, you'd have to be an absolute moron to do it.
Cabral
In SR3, it was 5% the item's cost for a possession permit and 10% for Posess and transport.
Firewall
I roll it into lifestyle. After all, we are talking about legally registering your guns and vehicles. If the 'star get hold of your gun, they can compare it to your legal SIN and walk right over to your house. I would rule that comparing bullets at a crime scene to the barrel's imperfections (like they do now) will provide proof that your gun fired the bullet.
DireRadiant
I generally include it all in lifestyle costs for a Legal SIN.
Critias
Yeah -- if they've got a SIN, and are willing to tie it to their guns/cars/whatever.
kzt
"We are a legitimate security company. Our automatic weapons, explosives and combat drones were purchased and owned per the law and are used to protect our clients. I resent your suggestion that we engage in illegal activity. If you continue suggesting this my legal team will have to contact your captain to complain, before filing suit."

Not to mention that frangable bullets and caseless rounds don't leave much that can be traced.

Our general plan is to avoid using lethal force, as that allows the target to not get the cops involved, which makes everybody happy. Once you have dead people lying everywhere and get medics and 100 cops securing the scene, things that the "victim" doesn't want to talk about will be noted, and questions will be asked that they don't want to answer. Not to mention hordes of trained investigators, thousands of man hours, trace evidence analyzed and warrents issued. So it just works out better for everyone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012