Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do you drive?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Snow_Fox
We've got a good collection of runners from different environments here. I'm curious as to what do you use to get around when not on a run.

Is it the same as when you are on a run, or do you have regular wheels.

What do you bring out of the garage?
I know people who have cars/ bikes that are their baby.
People who have modified the heck out of their stuff, creating virtual tanks from communter vans and commuter cars that have more tech than a Circut City outlet. And some people who just drive stuff unmodified saying they can't handle the damage.

for looks do you go for flash and customization or plain and non-discript?
JackRipper
In a table top game i'm in i have a gangmember (Chulos) and by GM permission (as its not in any books) He cruises around in a '64 Impala (2064, 100th year edition) rag top, and customized hydralics (did he have to sell alot of BTL to get that)
DireRadiant
Had a friend who just had to keep the vintage Chevy El Camino we found in the Tir, fixed up, and had us keep it invis all the way back to the Metroplex. Don't ask how we got into the Tir, none of us remember... Laes.

Another friend likes to drive around in an Ice Cream truck, one of those that cruises the neighborhoods selling novelty ice creams. Has a pop up turret with a machine gun in it. Ice Cream Trucks and shadowrunners make bad mixes for kids, one got his leg shot off when all he wanted was a Mr Softee. We got him a cyber leg with the jumping springs option.

Had another "friend" who likes her Blitzen, but she was small enough that she really rode on top of it, and since she couldn't reach the ground when stopped, used a levitate spell to keep it upright. Levitate is really handy when you go around a corner to fast and the bike leaves the road.
Snow_Fox
Personally, when public I drive a vintage '46 Mustang. It looks nice but nothing psecial. A freind sooped up the engine so she is faster than off the wrack and the electronics are better than average but nothing that gets LS attention.

If being professional I have a GMC HMVEEgood for off road and armor for those annoying secuirity/gnag banger small arms fire. If they bring out heavier stuff, I've been there too long.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012