Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: forum question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Straight Razor
what is up with the little tag under peoples name: target, moving targer, dragon, great dragon, ect. I thought it was just a tag to show how long you have been a member. But i just noticed, that is not the case.
craigpierce
that's your rank and it's based on the number of posts you've made. under special circumstances, people can also be assigned special ranks outside of the normal target, moving target, etc.
Bull
Indeed, it does reflect post count, to a degree. But "post pumping" is very much against the rules, so there's no way to actually see your post count, and the numbers for the ranks are fairly arbitrary.

As for custom titles, those are also pretty random smile.gif Some were given out for "service to Dumpshock" back when we had a couple donation drives a couple years ago (We do not normally take donations though, as Mark is committed to keeping this place a totally free site with no feelings of obligation), and some have been given out to freelancers, playtesters, and folks who have just amused us Admin types smile.gif

Bull
Demerzel
Hummn, you actually can see your own post count if you know where to look. The "My Controls" link Under the "Logged in: [your name] (log out)" in the top right has a field that indicates your current post count posts per day etc. General rabble like me cannot check other peoples though.

I became a moving target at 100 posts. And was very proud!
eidolon
That's it though. Not being able to see other people's post count is the key, because it prevents idiotic threads in which the only posts are "teeeheee my post count is eleventy-twelve! SO what? my post Count is forty-bozillion hahaha NeWb."
Tanka
Well, you can figure out estimated post counts, but I won't tell you how.

Consider me a bastard that likes to be secretive. HAHAHA!

...Right, moving along.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012