Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shotgun Spread and Burst fire
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Lagomorph
So a shotgun has Spread values which change the DV and AP values, and then there are also burst fire which also has the same abilities.

Would you rule that a person could fire a Medium Spread, Narrow Long Burst, from a full auto shot gun, and impose a -2 to dodge, with +5 DV and +4 AP?

Or a Wide Spread, Wide Long Burst for -9 to dodge? Or a full auto wide, wide spread for an impressive -13 dice to dodge?
Jaid
can't see anything to stop that from happening.
Cthulhu449
If you got all the numbers added up right, which it seems like you did, that doesn't seem like a problem to me. So yes, I'd allow it.
hobgoblin
automatic shotguns seems to have a rep for being nasty in close quarters...
Lagomorph
Yeah, they seem to have the most range of damage ability. Any where from DV5(f) AP +6 Dodge -13 (and up to 3 targets) on wide spread wide full auto to DV 18(f) AP +2 Dodge +0 Narrow spread Narrow full auto.
Gort
Yeah, I'd allow it. Makes sense - automatic shotguns should be pretty horrible in a house to house fight. Outdoors, of course, their range is pretty crippling.
Metalsmith
QUOTE (Lagomorph @ Sep 12 2006, 09:26 PM)
So a shotgun has Spread values which change the DV and AP values, and then there are also burst fire which also has the same abilities.

Would you rule that a person could fire a Medium Spread, Narrow Long Burst, from a full auto shot gun, and impose a -2 to dodge, with +5 DV and +4 AP?

Or a Wide Spread, Wide Long Burst for -9 to dodge? Or a full auto wide, wide spread for an impressive -13 dice to dodge?

Dont see anything wrong with that.

The Recoil is going to be one insane Muther after the first burst. Unmondified recoil penalties are 2x. Get a Shock pad and a Cyberarm Gyromount.
Lagomorph
QUOTE (Metalsmith @ Sep 14 2006, 05:29 AM)
QUOTE (Lagomorph @ Sep 12 2006, 09:26 PM)

Dont see anything wrong with that.

The Recoil is going to be one insane Muther after the first burst. Unmondified recoil penalties are 2x. Get a Shock pad and a Cyberarm Gyromount.

I did, thats why I posted the question about Damage boxes for partial cyber limbs. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012