Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Assassins
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
krayola red
Anybody played Assassins before? My college just started up a game - our variant of the rules is basically a) your weapon must be something that you don't ordinarily carry around with you, b) you score a kill by touching the target with your weapon while you're holding on to it, c) kills made in front of witnesses are invalidated, and d) dorms, bathrooms, and classrooms are safe zones. The targets haven't been assigned yet, but it'll happen soon.vegm.gif Personally, I'm juggling around the idea of using a scarf as a weapon, since it strikes a good balance between concealability and range.

Thoughts/comments/awesome stories to share?
Critias
I just keep waiting to hear about a squirt-gun "Assassin" player and a real-life CCW holder crossing paths at the wrong time. I then idly wonder what group will get hit more harshly by the negative media attention; the Assassin players, or the concealed carry permit holders.
krayola red
I heard that a bunch of Yale players had an unfortunate incident with the police one time due to their use of realistic-looking guns. Our version of the game is actually pretty mild, all in all. Once upon a time, my high school ran this same game under the name Killers, and people actually broke into other people's homes to score a kill. Not surprisingly, the game was banned by the administrators shortly afterwards.
Fresno Bob
Ah, this game. I would spend entire nights stealthily camped outside friends' houses waiting to ambush them in the morning.
Ophis
The RPG soc at my uni used to hold this fairly regularly, using reasonable physrep rule for weapons. The best tale I heard from it was during a biology lecture an alarm clock goes off. The lecturer then says, "Everyone in the LURPS killer that was a time bomb you're all dead." Damn cool trick.
nezumi
QUOTE (krayola red)
I heard that a bunch of Yale players had an unfortunate incident with the police one time due to their use of realistic-looking guns.

You mean like the movie where a group of Russian spies think the college students playing paint-ball assassin are counterspies? Speaking of interesting Shadowrun plots...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012