Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's your favorite sourcebook?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
emo samurai
Is it Lone Star? One of the SOTA books? Bug City? And is it compatible with SR4?
eidolon
All of those are good to have. Are you asking if there's "one" sourcebook you should buy? If so, it gets asked all the time. Search for it.
Turtle
The first Seattle Sourcebook, hands down. Best resource for a living, breathing city I ever read, and still not boring. Don't know how useful it would be after 20 years of metaplot, though.

Lone Star is a close second for me, a good read and a great insight into how the Star handles business.

Virtual Realities 1.0 for the last 60% of the book telling the story of Lucifer and Rennie. Absolutely not up-to-date anymore, considering the world's gone WiFi-crazy, but the story is gold, in my opinion.
Thanee
Shadowbeat. smile.gif

And Universal Brotherhood, of course. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Shrike30
Bug City or Lone Star.
eidolon
I finally got my very own copy of UB. It was the last "rare" one that I needed for the library. biggrin.gif
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Thanee)
Shadowbeat. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee

...agreed. We even used the Shadowbeat rules for Performance and News Reporting in lieu of the SR3 mechanics. Much more colour.

Next on my list would be the London Sourcebook which, even though a bit out of date has one of the best "cultural colour" sections of any SR book.
RunnerPaul
Since two people have already mentioned Shadowbeat, let me put in a third vote for that. Another favorite of mine was the Neo-Anarchists' Guide to Real Life.
X-Kalibur
Probably Fields of Fire (which was really just a 2nd edition version of Street Samurai Catalog).

I really miss the Shadow talk from 1st & 2nd edition books. Added some much more atmosphere.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (X-Kalibur)
Probably Fields of Fire (which was really just a 2nd edition version of Street Samurai Catalog).

I really miss the Shadow talk from 1st & 2nd edition books. Added some much more atmosphere.

...when I ran my "Drivetime" campaign (SR2) I also included a fair amount of Shadowtalk in the player handouts I wrote. I agree, it is sorely missed.
Anythingforenoughnuyen
London, my favorite by far.
Grinder
Lone Star, Cyberpirates and Threats.
Turtle
Hmmmm, Shadowbeat, Rock'n'Roll with a message...so deliciously 80's Cyberpunk. cool.gif

And yeah, the Neo-Anarchist's Guides were fragging cool, too. biggrin.gif

Actually, I can think of few 1E/2E sourcebooks from the early times that are not worth getting, especially if it's a good deal on ebay. nuyen.gif cyber.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012