Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun MMORPG Project
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
rasker
Not sure if anyone has seen this, but these guys seem to have the right idea when it comes to making a Shadowrun game:

http://www.shadowrun-online.com/sro/

Any chance of these guys actually succeeding? They seem determined....
SL James
Cold day in Hell, dude.
krayola red
This looks so damn familiar, yet I can't figure out why. My brain is telling me that there was something to this name in the form of a MUD a long time ago, but that doesn't make any sense.
Firewall
There is always a chance.

I suppose the best you can do is hope. I hope it works out, but I am biased...
Lindt
I agree with SL, cold day in hell.

They dont have the power to pull it tougther.
And never mind the fact that their rendering kinda sucks. Come on, single layered textural mapping?
Firewall
To be fair, most of the shots are out of date on the site and there are no screenshots of the current build in circulation. I mean, the rendering engine has changed since the last shots.

But how much does any of that matter? The real question is "Do you want to see it work?"...
D-Franco83
Well even though right now the graphics and what not are up to par with some other mmorpg games. I am glad at least someone is trying to make a Shadowrun Game that is faithful to the universe. It is something I would like to play. I loved The Sega Genesis version. I just hope they get it done.
Schaeffer
I'd love to play an online game based on Shadowrun, but it would never replace the PnP version for me or my group.
Firewall
QUOTE (Schaeffer)
I'd love to play an online game based on Shadowrun, but it would never replace the PnP version for me or my group.

Replace? Perish the thought... Augment, suppliment...
Tekumel
QUOTE (D-Franco83)
Well even though right now the graphics and what not are up to par with some other mmorpg games. I am glad at least someone is trying to make a Shadowrun Game that is faithful to the universe. It is something I would like to play. I loved The Sega Genesis version. I just hope they get it done.

They can put all the work into it they want, and produce the most super bad ass game ever to rock your socks, but ain't shit happening if they can't get it past Microsoft's lawyers, since they own all rights to the Shadowrun name when it comes to video games.
Firewall
Well, that is when you start hearing about a new game... "Umbral Jog"...
emo samurai
They say on the bottom that the whole project is just a proposal to Microsoft itself. They are betting on backing from Microsoft, which would take care of the lawyers.
SpasticTeapot
QUOTE (Firewall)
Well, that is when you start hearing about a new game... "Umbral Jog"...

Umbral Jog is going to be he next big thing, I tell you!
warrior_allanon
if they use the Turbine engine they have a hell of a chance, i have to say that playing D&D online i can see that game being modded to a shadowrun setting,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012