Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character Depository
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Sicarius
This is my idea. While most games here are run by the GM announcing the game and seeking players, in real life I am more likely to have players who create characters and than draft a storyline around them. I don't know if that's similar for other GMs or not. But my thought was that folks could post a character description/concept which they had ready to go in this depository, and than GMs could use them to get some ideas for campaigns, and seek out players from the list to join up? it would also be good for finding people to fill in when a player drops out of a long running campaign or something similar. I would recommend that people avoid putting more than one character in here though (might get cluttered.) and if this is a stupid idea feel free to tell me you think so.

edit: it would probably be important to specify SR3 or 4
Ankle Biter
Yeah I wanna be a half troll half dragon mantid spirit possesed HMHVV vampire who is Buttercup's chief hitman...

No, wait, I want to be the son of that and the progeny of the immortal elf who in the last awakening bred with the great hunter.

Err the background it that a troll and a dragon fell in love and then had a kid and the kid got HMHVV and so when they became dual natured they were posessed by a mantid spirit, and this happened during the year of the comet, and so their genes got wired and any kids they had got all the best bits of those breeds and....

Sorry, I have a compulsion to do that whenever I see open ended character threads.

Actually I wouldn't mind playing a wolf shifter in something, and I just stayed wolf form and played the party street sam's pet dog, wuffles.

Edit SR3 I guess, but SR4 has scope for this too, not fussed.
Sicarius
i hope to god you are mocking me.
Ankle Biter
The first character was just a joke, like I said I have a a compulsion.

I really would like to play a pet dog, though, it would be funny to have the mages trying to convince everybody I was not what I seemed while I sat there an licked myself.
Callidus
Oh man that sounds funny *8-> If you need a Sammie to be the other half just gimme a yell, got a couple setup, just don't have them at work so I'll try to post them here when I get home.... and some other types..... unfortunately all SR3 as I really haven't gotten to grips with SR4 and although the background and environment looks very cool I prefer SR3's rule system... but that just me *8-> so no flaming me *8->
Sicarius
nothing unfortunate about SR3 At present I think i'm the only person on this forum running a SR 3 game. (Initial Shadow Offering, now in the second segment). I posted the thread because I'm looking for someone to GM in SR3, but so far no luck.

My character is a former SK Company man/Sammie whose running from his murderous past in SK's Middle East operations, trying to live in the shadows while upholding an outdated code of honor.
PirateChef
I am posting here because I would love to play in one of these PBP games, but don't know how to go about getting entrance. I've got a Technomancer Rock star who has started running the shadows looking for some extra cash, if there are any openings
Dranem
Well SR3 or 4, I got a few characters hanging around that would like to see some play....

SR3:
Elven Hermetic Bodygard, Bronze believes in a no-kill philosophy unless it threatens the life of his client.

Human Blade Adept - Terri is a wicked martial artists with a weapon focus katana to back it up.

Black Dwarf Rigger - Never played, I was toying around with the idea of a Mnemonic courier and rigger driver.

SR4:
Most of my SR4 characters are tied up in BpB games right now, but I have a converted character: An experienced Hacker. I possibly have free a Technomancer (still waiting to see if she'll be brought into a run here). I haven't made many 4th Ed characters, oddly both of them are technomancers: An ex-otaku from a ganger run gone dry, and the other is currently in an active game.

I did have a live chat group I GM'd last year, I haven't started it back up from the summer break... I may be tempted to GM something, but it probably will be a module as I haven't had the inclination to write my own run lately...
adamu
Hey PirateChef, the way most people get into games on this board is just to keep your eyes open for recruitment posts, GMs starting games and looking for players. They come up every week or so. Then you just read the parameters and make a submission. Generally whether you make the cut depends on how cool and in-depth your background is, how well your concept fits the GM's adventure concept, and also whether people know you as a reliable poster. But don't worry too much about that last one - most of the games that get started seem to let new faces in.
Good luck, and be seeing you around.

PS - of course this thing Sicarius is doing here seems like a pretty cool way to get yourself into a game as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012