Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bull rush?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fistandantilus4.0
I was running a game last night, and , well, it degraded into a short PC battle. The Voodoun animated a corpse, the gunslinger flipped out, the elf drew a blade on the gunslinger (gunslinger was irish and very racist against elves, they'd been sniping back and forth the whole session), and they went at it for a quick round.

Now for the rules Q:
The gunslinger and elf were standing in front of a closing elevator with a few more team members in the area, but not in the fight, just close proximity. They attacked each other with swords for one combat phase, then the gunslinger (yes, gunslinger using a sword, go figure) made a dash for the elevator. What would he have to roll to make it past the sword wielding elf?

I ruled on the fly to roll agility+gymnastics(+edge)and allowed him half of his dodge skill. Although in hind sight I don't think I should have given him the dodge, I just went with it.
In turn the elf got a melee attack against the above roll (no weapons roll for the gunslinger). Sound right? anyone have a better suggestion?

Just to finish off the scenario, I had him roll initiative against the elevator door. He got in, and the rest of the team went on to finish the run. They were playing Bottled Demon, and going to
[ Spoiler ]
and didn't want to waste to much energy on the guy anyways. They lived, barely
[ Spoiler ]
, he got away, and now both sides are eagerly looking forward to plotting against each other. SHould be interesting.
DireRadiant
Would Interception, p 151, have applied?
fistandantilus4.0
Never noticed "Interception p 151" but from the osund of it, prolly. I'll ahve to look that up when I get home. Thanks for pointing that out. MIddle of combat I really didn't want to do a lot of page flippind.
DireRadiant
Basically the Elf would have a free action to attempt to Intercept the Gunslinger, if successful they would have blocked the Gunslinger from moving to the elevator.
fistandantilus4.0
got it, thanks. Probably for the best then, since he probably would have been able to, and they would have fought it out. The gunslinger has some serious skills and edge, so he would have worn them down more before the BBF.
Thanks DR
Fygg Nuuton
When the elf drew his sword, the gunslinger should have shot him. Then he would have gotten 2 karma. 3 if he said "no ticket" right afterwards, and 5 if he jumped out a window and through a few awnings after that.
2bit
but elves can deflect bullets with a katana...
fistandantilus4.0
well fyggy, then gunslinger had already put down the one gun he drew, and had a sword of his own in hand. Apparently he's never seen Indiana Jones or somethin'. They were also 50 stories up. But you'll be happy to know I do give points for "witty one liners".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012