Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for some hosting space.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
blakkie
I've lost that space I was using to provide the SR4Chargen.XLS file. That's been a while now, and I appologize to anyone that hit on a dead link trying to find it.

However it seems that at least a few people got it before it went down, and I just got a request a few days ago to update for Street Magic. Well I'm mostly done that. The only thing remaining is creating the short descriptions for the new Adept Powers, which I've only done about 1/3 of so far.

I've also updated and improved the spell list, and added the new Qualities. I didn't bother add the new foci because they are all only usable by Initiates AFAIK, which means normally won't be purchased by starting characters. Is my assumption on the mark? Does it make sense not to include them? Nobody is actually using that SR4Chargen.XLS file to track ongoing characters, right? Because it was never intended to be used that way.

Anyway, here is where you can come in. Please respond to this post if you've got some fairly stable web space to upload the file to once I do complete it.

P.S. Incidentally the file also contains a change to the main page that implements a new house rule, an entire subsystem really for a more flexable networking system for adhoc Contacts, more abstracted wealth, and tigher integration of Fake IDs into purchasing and Lifestyles. Basically tying together all these related things that are not mechanically tied together in the canon rules. Unfortunately the actual rules themselves are at this momment in the process of initial playtesting. I'm actually starting out a campaign from the get-go with them. As soon as we've played 4 or 5 sessions, assuming things shake out approximately as intended, I'll want to post up a PDF in the hope of getting some more playtesting data and feedback on readibility of the rules.
Serbitar
Hi blakkie, I could spare some gigabytes of traffic if you need them (on a root server, so things should be pretty stable).
Just drop me a line and keep up the good work.
Aaron
I'm willing to host it, too. Or at least link to it.
blakkie
I've emailed the file to Aaron. Unfortunately I don't read German so I was unable to decipher Serbitar's page to find his email address. If you want to mirror the file Serbitar could you please get it from Aaron, or somehow get your email address to me.

Thanks alot.
Serbitar
I think Aaron will do. But some hint for the future: Klick on the name of a forum user and then on the "click here"- link next to "email" in the upper right to send an email to a forum user.
blakkie
QUOTE (Serbitar)
But some hint for the future: Klick on the name of a forum user and then on the "click here"- link next to "email" in the upper right to send an email to a forum user.

That doesn't provide the email address, nor can you attach files when sending an email that way.
SeekerOfPeace
Here Blakkie, I found this for you... hope it helps!

Roge Post :
# 100% FREE (Max File Size: 100MB)
# Unlimited downloads and uploads (no registration needed)
# Deleted only if there is no download activity in 100 days
# Powered by dedicated servers for fast reliable hosting
Code:
http://www.rogepost.com/

QuickSharing :
# Unlimited downloads, even if the file have 100000 downloads, it doesn't matter.
# Free to use, there is absolutely no money involved, you can use this service for free.
# 500MB limit per file, upload and share as many as you want. We only delete if the file is not accessed within the past 30 days.
Code:
http://s3.quicksharing.com/

Rapidsharing :
# "Rapid Sharing .com" provides free file hosting of most filetypes (except JPG, GIF, and PHP files) up to 550 MB in size (multiple archives allowed).
# The custom file-uploading script lets you optionally send the download link to several friends at once.
# The download web page has a few ads, a download counter, and a delay counter (25 seconds) before the link to download your uploaded file is displayed.
# If the remotely hosted files are not downloaded for 2 weeks, they expire and are deleted from the server.
Code:
http://www.rapidsharing.com/

Eazyshare :
# "Eazy Share .net" is a free file hosting service that allows you to send and share your files free, easily, and securely.
# It accepts all filetypes (except web scripts and pages) up to 300 MB in size each, with 3 GB/month bandwidth.
# Registration is required, and free accounts are provided 3GB storage space and up to 25 folders.
# You can have the download link sent to multiple emails addresses by separating them with commas.
# Then click on "Send It" button, and your file will be uploaded and stored on their server, and the recipients are sent an email with instructions for retrieving it (it is also displayed for you).
# The hosted file will be available for 60 days or a limited number of downloads (1000).
# The download page has a 30-second delay counter before the download can begin.
Code:
http://www.eazyshare.net/

SleekFiles :
# "Sleek Files .com" is a web-based free file hosting system, almost identical to its sister site, iBigFiles.com.
# The download page has a 4-second delay counter before the file download can start.
# For unregistered users, the filesize limit is 100 MB.
# For registered users (free signup), the file size limitation is 250 MB per file, there is a control panel for online file management, including an email resend option and file password-protection option, and a maximum of 50 downloads per file.
# Maybe useful as an alternative to sending large files as email attachments, or if you only want your files downloaded once for some reason.
Code:
http://www.sleekfiles.com/

MyShareBox :
# Unlimited Uploads
# Unlimited Downloads
# No Registration Needed
# No Bandwidth Restrictions
# No Downloads Per Hour Limits
# Max file size: (Up to 100 MB )
Code:
http://www.mysharebox.com/

All is 100% free!
Jérémie
Free hosting is always a pain in the ... well.

If anyone need to host anymore SR things, I can probably do it without any trouble. Send me an email through the forum.
Dranem
Blackie,
Have you resolved your hosting issues yet? I run my own SR site - so if you need a linking place, let me know...

[edit]
Ok, I guess you have resolved your hosting issues, seeing as the linky in your signature works. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012