Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruitment: Wartorn Aftermath
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Konsaki
I'm going to try my hand at GMing a forum game for SR4 and I'm looking for three or four players. 400 BP build and you get X2 Cha in free contact points.

The game will take place in San Antonio, Texas with the following time line in effect.
[ Spoiler ]

I wish to make this a good game with good roleplaying and some roll playing. The first mission will be small to let me get the hang of GMing on the forums, and get the teamwork started.

PM me your character's background and character sheet before 1200 CST on 13 Oct. If you want, you can put a concept of your character in here. I will choose characters based off of background and char sheet contents by, hopefully, 14 Oct.
Please describe what your character did and felt during the quick war and what she/he did for the month afterwards. The game date is sometime in Mar 2070.
Edit: Just to make sure you guys know, the characters are normal shadowrunners, not rank and file soldiers.

Players and thier character's name
Dentris - Armani
De Badd Ass - Lobo
Thanee - Kerrigan
Ophis - Danni

Thanks to all that sent in thier character sheets, but I am no longer recruiting for this game.
Thanee
Sounds interesting... will see what I can come up with and send you a PM with the details.

Edit: Just to make sure you guys know, the characters are normal shadowrunners, not rank and file soldiers.

Good to know. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
DTFarstar
If you don't mind I'll go ahead and get to work. I'm an SR virgin(be gentle), though very experienced in other areas of roleplaying(and rollplaying depending on the game). I'm thinking probably a very stealthy/infiltration/assassin ranged combat guy. Street Sam all cybered up and good and killing people up close or at a distance. Probably draw a little influence in design from Kid Stealth sans crazy dioneycheus claws and sociopathic outlook on everything(well, maybe a little of the latter.) If that sounds fine I'll PM you the completed character sheet as soon as possible.

Konsaki
Sounds... interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing your char. smile.gif
Ophis
I have a rigger/samurai I could finish off, basically doing drone supported fire power. Plus she's a good old mississippi (is that right?) girl so she'll be down with the whole for queen and country thing (or what ever the yankee equivalent, or where the yankee's the north). I may need some help on the american history thing.
Dentris
War is good for business, and business is good for me. I have a smuggler/face character i would like to try. I'll send the sheet to you with a background.
DTFarstar
I can't seem to find the pertinent quote in the handbook, but runners are allowed to start with normal cyber and alphaware, but no beta or deltaware right? Don't know why I can't find it...

EDIT: First draft of CS is almost done, I'll add some background to him and send him along either tonight or tommorrow probably. Big Psychological Statistics test (Take home test so it's alot of really hard stuff) due on Monday so it might be as late as Sunday but I doubt it. I hope you can be patient, I'm sure I'll miscalculate or read the rules incorrectly on something.

DTF
Thanee
QUOTE (DTFarstar)
I can't seem to find the pertinent quote in the handbook, but runners are allowed to start with normal cyber and alphaware, but no beta or deltaware right? Don't know why I can't find it...

p. 84 somewhere in the middle of the Cyberware and Bioware section.

Bye
Thanee
Konsaki
You are allowed Normal and Alpha Cyberware at char gen.
Just to make it clear, there are no grades to Bioware.

To those who have already sent in thier char sheets, thanks. I'm looking over them right now.
Edit: When you guys send in your char sheets, in the gear portion, put the cost next to each piece of gear like this:
Ares Pred IV - 350
Normal Ammo (Pred) x200 - 400
EX Ammo (Pred) x100 - 500
Spare Clips (Pred) x10 - 50

Also put down how many BP you are using for cash to buy gear: 200,000 Nuyen = 40 BP

This will make it alot easier for me to doublecheck your characters and sort things out on my end. For those who have already sent thier charsheets to me, please change your gear section to like I exampled and resend. Thanks in advance.
DTFarstar
Later today I'll go through and edit mine to reflect that. It has subtotals, but I guess that way is probably alot easier for you, sorry.

DTF
Ophis
I'll get my sheet along sometime in the next day or so. I have the basics down, just need to cover the vehicles really.
hunter5150
I have the beginnings of a southern, farmkid, ex-boy scout, hunter/tracker/survivalist in the works. However I'm not sure how much help he would be in a primarily urban setting. Any thoughts, suggestions?

ps I have a few thoughts on him that I would like to try but I do not want to post these thoughts publicly.
Thanee
Just send Konsaki a Private Message then. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
hunter5150
I may have been unclear. If my concept will fit into the group then I will develop. If not, I'm not going to invest the time typing it up.
Konsaki
It would be an interesting character to say the least, but I dont think it would work well in this campain.
hunter5150
Thanks for response.

I may create as diff.
Ophis
I think it would work, though we seem a little down on the magic, unless I missed someone.
TheRedRightHand
How often are you expecting postings to be made? A couple times a day? Once a day? 5 times a week?

I'd like to try out an online game, but I wouldn't want to slow things down if I can't post as often as you want/need us to.
Konsaki
I would like a post at least every 2 days, but if something comes up in real life, it takes priority. If everyone posts more than that, the game will have a faster pace, so post as fast as you want while not leaving anyone in the dust.
Personally, I usually check the board at least twice a day, so if you have a question or something, I'll probably get to it quickly.
TheRedRightHand
That's cool. Maybe I'll make up a guy and send him to you.
Fortune
I had a Combat Medic/Mage made up for SR3 that was from around that area, and would probably fit right in, but I don't know how he'd convert to SR4.

Don't get me wrong ... I really like SR4, it's just that I haven't seen this character in that system yet. I'd have to tweak the background a bit as well to fit in with the unique timeline of this game, but that isn't a problem, and might very well take less tinkering than one might think.

If that sounds cool, then I'll see if I can drag him from whatever dive he's been holing up in, and put him through SR4 boot camp.
DTFarstar
Finally got around to revising the CS with prices. Hope that is a better format for you.

DTF
Thanee
QUOTE (Ophis)
I think it would work, though we seem a little down on the magic, unless I missed someone.

Me! cool.gif

But since I didn't tell you, that I'm in the process of creating a mage, you are hardly to blame for that. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
De Badd Ass
QUOTE (Konsaki)
PM me your character's background and character sheet before 1200 CST on 13 Oct. If you want, you can put a concept of your character in here.

I sent you a brief character background via PM. I think Lobo will be useful, considering the last item in the 4 Jan spoiler, as he has contacts on both sides of the border. He also has some hacking ability.

Please let me know what you think.

Edit: Maybe Lobo knows Dentris' character. I'll leave that up to him.
Konsaki
I read Lobo's bio and it sounds interesting, send me a char sheet if you want.
De Badd Ass
QUOTE (Konsaki)

Done.
Dentris
QUOTE (De Badd Ass @ Oct 10 2006, 06:19 PM)
QUOTE (Konsaki @ Oct 10 2006, 03:42 PM)

Done.

I'm interested if you want our characters to be friends...but I need a little bit more information about Lobo.

EDIT: send me a PM if you want.
TheRedRightHand
Could someone give me a run down on the character types already sent in and their personalties?

I just want to make sure my guy is not going to be stepping on any toes both concept or character wise.

thanks.
Konsaki
I'll make up a list and throw it up top on the first post.
Ophis
My sheet should arrrive later today, once I'm finished at work.
GingerKid
I'm going to have to take my hat out of the ring for this one. Real life just hit me ton O' crap. Good luck to all that run in this game.
Konsaki
OK, no problem, Gingerkid.
Hope things work out ok for you.
Thanee
Sent you a full character sheet now. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Konsaki
Just read it and sent a PM back.
Ophis
Character sheet mostly done, just weapons, wheels and the last bits of stuff to cover.
silentmaster101
Just submited char sheet for a combat medic, but i have to revamp it to cover the free points and the scenario background. Basically a tir cast out with gang affiliation and former doc training. goes by Doc or Garrett.
Dentris
I was wondering...have you received the modifications i made to my character after the feedback you gave me? If not, i can send it back to you.
silentmaster101
Char resubmited with corrections.
Ophis
Sheet submitted (finally)
Abbandon
#1. How strict will security be, will every cop and border agent have MAD scanners and you will definately get nailed for leaving electronic data trails, or will it be more of you only get caught by majorly screwing up. Do you have to wear ski masks.

#2. How do you gm as far as combat and information. If i shoot at a guy do i get to know how many boxes of damage i did or do you just say i shot the guy and tell me how bad he "looks"?

#3. How you doling out Karma and can characters add or remove qaulities after character creation?

I have an elven mystic adept. She is mostly a gun adept who is begining to notice her magical powers are growing which will give her a mentor spirit and some crappy ability with some spells (illusion, healing). She messed around with some border smugglers between seattle and Tir Tairngire. Maybe she liked that kinda thing more than i thought hehe.
Konsaki
1 - Security will be moderate. They will be around, like cops on the street and security hackers, but without seeing anything huge (bloodbath or alarms going off in the Matrix) they wont have any reason to go look for anything.
If you just wear ski masks, they might not see your face, but they will still see you. 'Hey, Bob. We have some guys down in the warehouse with ski masks on. I think they're up to no good.'
To be safe, if you mess around in the matrix or in the meat world, if you make some effort to clean up behind you (wear gloves, edit camera video, clean matrix logs, pick up dropped magazines) you should be fine. If I made it realistic, the entire game would be take 10 steps, clean the matrix; got shot, pour bleach on the blood. Thats not fun IMO, thats unnessesary work.

2 - For the most part, I will tell you what happened to the guy that just got shot in visual/audio terms. 'The ganger raises his arm, gun aiming in your direction, but jerks to the side as a bullet tears through his shoulder. A quick jet of blood sprays out from the entry hole as the ganger falls to the ground screaming in pain.'
From here, you know that A) you hit him B) he is on the ground C) he is still alive/consious cause you can hear him screaming.
If your character gets hit, I will tell you how many boxes of damage you take so you can keep track of it.
I will throw this information into OCC and you guys can edit it to your artistic liking, but the general information needs to stay in 'ABC'.

3 - I will probably give out karma like Adamu was when he started his 12 man game, though tweaking it a bit. Each weekend I will give out a general dose of karma for posting frequency, quality of posts, and any factors from the book I think apply. I will also be throwing out bonus karma during the week if I think something that was done deserves it.
You can add and remove qualities, some will be harder than others, if you have the Karma and have RPed why you are gaining/losing that quality. Just send me a PM during the game and we can work out how you are going to do that.
Thanee
Sounds good. smile.gif

Many things can simply be assumed IMHO (like making spilled blood invalid as long as there was enough time to do so, or wipe out astral signatures, or routine matrix stuff), because Shadowrunners will do so, if they have the opportunity. Only when time is critical, these things should be actually stated, I think. At least, that's how I would handle it, I guess.

Bye
Thanee
Konsaki
Ok, I'm looking over the char sheets I have right now. I'll make an announcement in the next few days.
Konsaki
First off, I would like to thank everyone for sending in their characters. To those that made it, congrats. To those that I had to turn away, I'm sorry. I wish I could take all the characters that were sent to me, but I only planned on a four man team, and had to select those that were on it.
If you didnt make it, you are welcome to apply again if someone drops out of this game, or I start up another.

To those who made it: Dentris, De Badd Ass, Thanee, Ophis; please send me a character description.
Hight, weight, the works. Describe your character as best you want, cause that will be the last thing I need to get this started.

I will start up an OCC thread once I start receiving the character descriptions.
Thanee
Cool, thanks! smile.gif

You should have (at least) a basic description of Kerrigan with the character sheet already.

I will add some more soon, and especially add some details for the contacts as well.

Bye
Thanee
Ophis
Cool I'll sort it this evening for you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012