Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: questions on vessels
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fool
First, is an enchanting shop necessary to prepare a vessel?
second can you buy prepared vessels or are tehy specific to the preparer?
third how much would a hommoculus cost that wasn't a prepared vessel (i.e. just the raw materials made into the proper shape so the mage wouldn't have to do the industrialmechanics or artisan tests)?
Ancient History
QUOTE (fool)
First, is an enchanting shop necessary to prepare a vessel?

No.

You could buy them, but most possessing traditions would probably frow. The price would be whatever the enchanter feels like charging.

third how much would a hommoculus cost that wasn't a prepared vessel (i.e. just the raw materials made into the proper shape so the mage wouldn't have to do the industrialmechanics or artisan tests)?

Up to your GM, but at a rough guess I'd say about twice the cost of the materials.
Slithery D
QUOTE (Ancient History)

You could buy them, but most possessing traditions would probably frow. The price would be whatever the enchanter feels like charging.

This isn't explicitly stated in SM, but I agree that's the implication. I don't, however, much like it. I'd prefer to have a prepared vessel only work for that magician's spirits. I like to think that "rational" voodoo worshippers don't mind being open to the spirits of one's personal hougan, but aren't too psyched about some flakey Qabbalist 'jacking them easily as well. For that matter, the Qabbalist isn't going to be happy when his currently unused plasteel golem picks up a loa intruder and comes up from the basement to bash his brains out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012