Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Comlink vs. Corporate Node/Host
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Jaid
QUOTE (Mistwalker)
The problem with that Jaid, is that eventually the players will all have 7+ Commlinks, or if they only have a couple, then the hackers will have them.

If they exist, whether they need them or not, VIPs will want them, and have them, even if they don't know how to work them

If they exist, players will get a hold of them, even if they have to plan their own runs to get them.

and this is a problem because? ...
Mistwalker
Escalation.
If you need a 7+ to challenge the player, then what happens when they get a 7+? do you go to 8+, etc...

I would prefer not to get into an arms race with commlinks. Portable devices, limited to 6. Devices that you need to plug into, like a van sized device, can go higher, but you are definately tracable, as I would rule that you need to be hardwored in to be able to use the needed bandwidth. If you target is not hardwired in, then you are still limited to 6, due to it's limitations.
eidolon
I'm with Mistwalker on this one. I do my best to keep my games from being a matter of who has the best gear. De-emphasizing gear lets me focus on skill levels and character choices.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012