Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Online Game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
PirateChef
After looking for a game for a couple months, I've decided to bite the bullet and start running an online game. This game will meet regularly at 12 noon EST on Sundays. SR4, by the book chargen. Post here if you're interested, and IF there are enough players (3+) I'll post more info.
JonnyRotten
I tried to set up one of these, and I totally dropped the ball. Sorry guys!
But I would love to play in one. I just didn't have the time to admin one.
What programs are you planning on using?
What Edition?

Noon EST on sundays would work great for me, I work first shift, so I would only be able to play until 10 or so at night. But I am definitely up for this!!

PirateChef
4th edition. The question of program will be decided by the group... I like gametable but am behind a firewall, so I don't know about the feasibility of hosting. I would like a program of that nature, though I may play on OpenRPG if I need to drum up players.
Digital Heroin
Can't play myself, given I'll be at sea for over a month and likely on watch at least half of those weekends... but Warp1.net provides an easy and universally avaliable solution for all your realtime gaming needs, including dice rollers, persistant avatars tailorable to each character/NPC with image options, and private rooms so no one bothers you.

Yes, I'm room whoring, go me.
Iscariot
I'd be interested in playing as well, and I like the OpenRPG program a lot.

Not very adept with SR4 yet, I still like SR3 and all it's bloat.
Rooks
I'm in too I tried to GM but no one wanted to send their contact info or sheets
PirateChef
Okay, that's three which is my minimum... I want to set a tentative game dat for Sunday, November 5th. Towards that goal, I need to know what everyone is wanting to play. Post your ideas here. I have requirements for a group, though I don't like to design runs around a group, so if you're missing something (magic, hacker, meat) then you will have to be inventive to make up for the lack.
Iscariot
I'm open to anything, though I should probably stay away from hacking/rigging until I get more familiar with the rules for SR4
Iscariot
I can be reached at:

AIM: Iscariot1971
YIM: Lord_Iscariot
MSN: iscariot_@hotmail.com

Or mailed at iscariot_@hotmail.com

And I read the forums here several times a day.
Rooks
hacker/mage/rigger/gunbunny aim: cyphusiel
PirateChef
OKay...here's the deal

400 BP standard timeline. Seattle. All new runners (Not your first run, but you're still in single digits) Write up your characters using your programs of choice, send them to me. If anything is missing after all characters have been received, I'll let you know what's not covered and you guys can decide how you want to handle it.

Email -> piratechef@aim.com
AIM -> PirateChef
PirateChef
Alright, Time for a roll call. If I've talked to you over AIM, OpenRpg, or PM, post here with what you want ot be playing. I need this info by Saturday morning at the latest so I can get things together for sunday. If I haven't talked to you by one of those mediums, then PM me.
gatta
Hi, I'm gattatheninja from AIM and I'm making an adept, probably a Dwarf, mainly focused on combat
Raylin
Hey.

AIM: Melf154452

I'll be playing a mundane covert ops/weapons expert type thing, probably human but perhaps elf.
PirateChef
Oh yeah, We're going to be playing over OpenRPG. SO go ahead and get it downloaded, set up
Iscariot
I'm going to be playing an elven pistol adept. He's new to the runner scene, having spent most of his time riding with The Ancients. It's obvious he watched far too many old western trids.. =)
PirateChef
OpenRPG Server: OpenRPG Veav 1
Room: Sunday Shadowrun
Lividicus
I'd like to play.

email is aps_ii@hotmail.com
AIM- SR4GM
PirateChef
Then join us in the OpenRPG room. No idea how many people are going to show up, so I can't garauntee a slot though
JonnyRotten
Well, I spent all afternoon today trying to get stupid Open RPG to not crash on my computer. Still working on it.. I've never had any luck with this program. Pretty much as soon as it launchs, my entire system locks up.. blah.
PirateChef
Yeah, a lot of people were having problems with it... Anyone have any suggestions on something else? I can't host, am behind two firewalls.
Lividicus
I couldnt make it today but i am still interested what characters are there currently?
clegrady
I am very interested in this.. AIM: CLeGz00

gun slinger/demolitions/forger/alcoholic all rolled into one.

One suggestion, mIRC, no problems no need to host.. Easy COnnections.. Easy scripts that I can help you guys with..
Dantic
I would be interested as well, don't use AIM, ICQ here 9-838-782.
PirateChef
So far no one has shown up on any of the dates I've set aside to do char gen. Plus the only platform I know of working well doesn't work for everyone. Does IRC have an SR4 dice roller?
Rooks
yes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012