Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Have Gun Will Travel
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Sicarius
Sunday, November 1st, 2065 6:00 pm (GMT+2): Constantinople, Turkey

The team is riding out another wicked sandstorm, one that has been kicking around the dust since early yesterday, and no one who isn't looking for a good skin abrasion is going outside. There is usually plenty to do, but the team hasn't seen work in several weeks, and even weapons can only be cleaned so many times before it takes all the fun out of it.

Pete Only
[ Spoiler ]

Callidus
Sunday, November 1st, 2065 18:00:12 (GMT+2): Constantinople, Turkey
Strife - Heavy Weapons

Listening to wind driven sand slashing past the building while she took her turn doing the mess duties was almost soperific. Covering a yawn as she checked the oven, Martina leaned back out the door and yelled "Grub's up, guys and gals come and grab it before it either goes cold or just goes."

Pulling pans off the stove and pies out of the oven, she carefully marshalled everything out on to the counter and under covers for the rest of the mercs to help themselves. Taking a decent plate of meat pie, mash and beans and then settling down at the table to eat. Man, hope we pick up a job soon, money's okay for now but I think people are gonna start going crazy soon just sitting here. Heyho, just need to get out and about I guess, damn sand..... Ouch A wince spreads over her face for a moment followed by some stretching of a shoulder Another lovely surprise they never tell you *before* implantation, ah well nother cost of being better than normal humans

Turning back to her food and setting in with gusto, you almost couldn't tell she was a mercenary appart from the glossy red eyes shining in her eye sockets.
Konsaki
Sunday, November 1st, 2065 18:00:00 (GMT+2): Constantinople, Turkey
Shadow Kat - Infiltrator

Looking out one of the windows in the warehouse, an elven woman let out an audible sigh. For the past day and a half, all she had been able to see was a view of swirling sand as the storm raged outside. That combined with the lack of work was wearing on her nerves. "Gah, I'm going to go crazy if I have so spend another day in here! Doesn't this wind ever stop?", she exclaimed, expecting no answer to her question.
She then looked around the area at all the equipment set out and the scattered parts on the workspaces. Glancing over at her workbench, she saw the mess she still hadn't cleaned up from the last time she worked on her gun. Sighing again, she walked over to clean it up.

As Kitoria took off her dark grey longcoat, you could see the black sports shirt she wore underneith along with her black denim cargo shorts. The dark colors of her cloths exagerated the firey red of her long hair. Gathered into a single braid, it went down to the small of her back and tied off with a pink ribbon. She had two long bangs in the front that went down on either side of her face, showing off her green eyes. At seventy inches, she was a little on the short side for an elf, but she still had a nice body.
She slowly cleaned up the mess on her workbench, wiping it down from the oil and cleaner she used on her gun. It wasnt like she had used it recently, things had been pretty slow. 'Thats the fraggin problem...', she thought as she dumped all the waste into a trashcan.

'Come on, Kit. Get ahold of yourself. Maybe some stretching will calm me down...', she told herself as she moved towards the small clearing they had set up in one corner of the warehouse. As she walked over, she set her long coat and concealed holster down on a nearby chair. Kit then moved to the center of the clearing, closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Still keeping her eyes closed, bent forward until she was bent in half at the waist and her palms were flat on the floor. She stayed there for a bit before raising her feet off the ground and slowly moving them all the way up until she was in a handstand. She continued on by spreading her feet into splits and slowly lowering her body by twisting her shoulders until she was in a normal splits on the floor.

She just sat there for a bit untill she heard the familiar voice of Martina yelling, "Grub's up, guys and gals come and grab it before it either goes cold or just goes." Opening her eyes, Kit looked towards the kitchen and slowly got up.
'Thinking about it, I am sorta hungry.' she thought as she walked towards the kitchen. Picking up her longcoat and gun as she went by, she put them on as she walked.
DireRadiant
Sunday, November 1st, 2065 18:00:12 (GMT+2): Constantinople, Turkey
Smoke - Phoenix Shaman

"Grub's up, guys and gals come and grab it before it either goes cold or just goes."

Smoke smiled as he heard the call for grub, right on schedule. The sound was clear even though he was standing out in the wind and sand, just having finished a round of the grounds. Which was pretty uninteresting considering it was all covered in minor banks of wind swept sand. He moved his 190 cm frame towards the door, ignoring the blasts of sand and wind that weren't coming anywhere near him. Enough of watching the pretty storm patterns.

As he stepped through the door the pocket of calm moved with him, keeping the sand from blowing into the warehouse. Across the threshold he hurriedly closed the door as suddenly sand swept across the opening. Grinning as he gets it shut, he then stands still a moment, concentrating. His sandy light hair blazes with flickers of bright fire and his cheeks cover themselves with gold and scarlet feathers momentarily then quickly resumes his normal appearance.

Projecting his voice just there, "Get the sand out of here, and then fetch me the latest batch of home brew." A dust devil whirls into existence sweeping sand out under the door, then swirls towards the 40 liter jugs of home made beer stacked off to one side as Smoke, relaxed in his light thermal sweats and Tees strolls over to the kitchen.

"Ooo, beans again! We'll be enjoying tonight's wind."

"Ladies, folks, the drink is on me, tonight's special is an orange blossom wheat concoction."

A 4 liter pitcher of light amber frothing beer sets itself onto the table.
Konsaki
Sunday, November 1st, 2065 18:00:21 (GMT+2): Constantinople, Turkey
Shadow Kat - Infiltrator

Almost reaching the kitchen, the elf heard a male voice call out, "Ooo, beans again! We'll be enjoying tonight's wind." Sighing a little, Kitoria rolled her eyes as she recognised Smokes cheery voice. 'I know he is just trying to liven up the place, but does he have to resort to fart jokes?', she asked herself.
"Ladies, folks, the drink is on me, tonight's special is an orange blossom wheat concoction.", she heard Smoke continue as she entered the door and found him standing just inside. Taking a few steps forward, she lightly punched him in the arm.

"That was for the bad joke...", she told him as she moved her hand up and lightly ran her fingers across his jaw line. "And that was for the beer", Kit continued with a light grin as she then turned away to the sink and started washing her hands.
"You know, Martina, men need to grow up sometimes.", she told the other woman, with a grin to her voice.
Callidus
Sunday, November 1st, 2065 18:00:30 (GMT+2): Constantinople, Turkey
Strife - Heavy Weapons

"You know, Martina, men need to grow up sometimes.", she heard as her head was still coming up from the howl of the wind through the open door.

"Well, Kitoria, don't get your hopes up.... they never do." she said with a winkk to Smoke to take the bite away. "And my thanks for the beer offer Smoke, you always were ever the considerate lad."

Taking Smoke up on his offer she stretched her six foot frame over to the pitcher and poured two glass, and passed one over to Smoke "Kitoria?" she said gently wiggling the pitcher at the younger woman and running the other hand through her almost buzz cut short blonde hair as though trying to shake sand out of it.
Chance359
Sunday, November 1st, 2065 18:01:30 (GMT+2): Constantinople, Turkey
Dr. Chip - Combat Medic

Chip spends most of his time, taking inventory of his supplies and trying to keep his operating gear clean. After what seems like hours of using compressed air to blow the sand out of his bags, Dr. Chip finds almost the same amount of sand.

Atleast the Savior kits is finally linking up with the patient profiles. *sigh* We need to get out and do something, all this sitting around is reminding me too much of doing clinic work. *shudder*

Hearing the chow call, Chip reseals his tools and heads down to the table, arriving mid converstaion.

After grabbing a plate and a mug for himself, Dr Chip takes a seat near the foot of the table.

"I hope everyone has been drinking atleast a couple of litters of water a day. I'd have to be hanging I.V.s during a fire fight again. And since it looks like we might have more down time, I want to get you all in for physicals and diagnostics as needed."
JackRipper
Sunday,November 1st,2065 18:02:29 (GMT+2)Constanople,
Turkey

Alexander Petrovsky "Pete"- Signal Intelligence

Pete swaggers into the open bay that serves among many things the dining room in a pair of fading soviet fatique pants and a bright Hawaiian shirt. The AK swings from the sling occassionaly hitting his cyberarm in a dull thunk sound. "Comrades...news is good." Pete speaks in a broken dialect not due to lack of comprehension but laziness. Pete walks over and helps himself to an enormous helping of the food as he usually does. Despite his intial appearance, Pete is an Ork, something his comrades have learned over the short time they've spent together. Dropping his plate rather than setting it down to the table, Pete looks around with a wide grin.

Pete begins stuffing his face in a manner common to the typical soldier, fast and in heaping amounts. Two facefulls into it pete looks up to the awaiting faces. "When desert quits pissing an' moaning I make uplink...we have job offer in anyonomous account." Pete gives a wink at the cook. "Is good yah" then shifts his glance at Smoke "Always the beer, maybe vodka you make someday?"
Konsaki
Sunday, November 1st, 2065 18:02:45 (GMT+2): Constantinople, Turkey
Shadow Kat - Infiltrator

Kitoria looked over from drying her hands, to see Miranda lifting the pitcher of amber brew in her direction. Smiling, Kit grabbed a mug that was sitting in the clean washrack and held it out as the older woman filled it up. "Thank you kindly", the red head said as she put the mug on the table and started to fill up a plate with food.
Just as she was sitting down to eat, Doc walked into the kitchen/dining area and started getting himself some grub. Taking her first bite of food, Kit closed her eyes and just savored the taste. 'Mmm... Real food for a change', she thought to herself.
"Miranda, you have got to tell me how you learned to cook this well", she said just as Doc sat at the table. Before Miranda had a chance to reply, Doc started up talking about drinking enough water, and maybe doing some physicals on everyone. Sighing a bit, Kit replied, "Got it, drink more water... But do we have to have the physical, or do you just want to look..." Thats as far as she got before an ork wearing an outlandish hawaiian shirt burst into the dining area.

"Comrades...news is good", Pete burst out. This got Kitoria's attention, but before he said anything else, Pete slopped some food on a plate and started shoveling it in as he sat down. 'Good god... how can he eat like that?', the elf asked herself as she cringed a little.
It almost looked like a starving man at an all you can eat contest, but just as he started, Pete stopped and looked up at everyone. "When desert quits pissing an' moaning I make uplink...we have job offer in anyonomous account.", he said.
"Is good yah.", he continued as Kit then saw him give a wink over to Miranda before turning to Smoke. "Always the beer, maybe vodka you make someday?", she heard him say before he started back into his meal.

"Ung... Pete, can you even taste that?", she asked the ork as Kit pushed her chair back and stood up. Picking up her plate and mug, she moved to one of the empty countertops where she didn't have a direct view of Pete's carnage. Sighing, she took another bite of the meat pie while thinking, 'At least he brought news of a job.'
DireRadiant
Sunday, November 1st, 2065 18:03:12 (GMT+2): Constantinople, Turkey
Smoke - Phoenix Shaman

Smoke grins, "No way Pete." watching in admiration the orks eating technique.

"Vodka is is the kind of spirits I don't work with."

Holding his hand up in surrender as several full plates of food are lifted threateningly in his direction, Smoke cringes a little.

"Okay okay... but seriously, didn't the potato, rye and molasses beer taste a little like fizzy vodka?"
Callidus
Sunday, November 1st, 2065 18:03:30 (GMT+2): Constantinople, Turkey
Strife - Heavy Weapons

"Martina, you have got to tell me how you learned to cook this well"

"Well that ones easy" She replied with a smile to Kitoria "One day I got tired of eating food that tasted like MREs when not in the field, so made friends with a couple of other like minded mercs and experimented. Man, it took a while to get the hang of it to... a number of totally inedible dishes really fire the imagination, and cookery books help."

The smile broadened into a grin at Pete's shoving. "Good to see you're enjoying it, and good news too! A job at last, here's hoping it's somewhere sandless, although just a lack of wind blown sand would be good."
Sicarius
nuyen.gif After shooting the drek, and enjoying the eat and drink cooked up by Martina and Smoke, the dust finally settles (literally) and a matrix uplink can be established.

Pete:

Jacking into the matrix you travel through standard matrix UMS matrix iconography to an apparently unamed LTG on the Danish RTG. after submitting the password and login, you are accepted. Inside it is all darkness, except for a shiny white cube. sniffing around the cube, Pete's Icon can detect no trap, and anyway he's got the password. The cube peels open like a flower. with the following information:

Account #7383292195135 for Zurich-Deutsche Banc
Password: Same as Before.

a text file reads:

Dear sirs,
Please find nuyen.gif 10,000 in the following account. Also attached to this data store 6 two way tickets to Copenhagen, Scandavian Union. At the airport, someone will meet your flight with a sign reading: "Att: Smyte Party." Hear our proposition, decide if it is acceptable. If so additional payment will follow. If not, accept the remainder of the nuyen.gif 10k with our compliments.

JackRipper
Pete jacks out to find the other members waiting patiently for the news, Pete toys with the idea of joking or stringing them along, but the cabin fever is beginning to effect everyone and he discards the notion. "10,000 upfront for to nibble on plus 6 ticket to Copenhagen and back for meet. If take job more money follows."
Callidus
Sunday, November 1st, 2065 18:03:30 (GMT+2): Constantinople, Turkey
Strife - Heavy Weapons

"Copenhagen, Denmark.... Okay first off anyone speak Danish? Failing that we're hunting a linguasoft. Second contacts surplying the airfare so we're probably looking at comercial airline so no weapons past tasers and stun batons I believe, but Pete can you check up on that on the 'trix. Third, worst case, excrement hits rotating air mover, escape routes.... Anyone know a good way out of Denmark? I've got a couple of smugglers I know but neither are in the Europe arena really, might be able to organise a ride out though."

Looking around the group and looking for more questions on things she'd missed or plans forming she could yet again she the group forming up, people slipping back into their specialities.
DireRadiant
Sunday, November 1st, 2065 18:03:37 (GMT+2): Constantinople, Turkey
Smoke - Phoenix Shaman

"Kobenhavn! Yummy, haven't eaten Danish in ages." Smoke grins charmingly as he licks his lips.

At Martina's worry, he waves a hand, "Don't worry, I'll magically whisk you away to safety as usual."
Konsaki
Sunday, November 1st, 2065 20:13:50 (GMT+2): Constantinople, Turkey
Shadow Kat - Infiltrator

The elven woman punches her fist into the air while yelling, "Yeah! Finally something to do!" Quickly seeing her outburst as over what others are doing, she blushes a bit as she lowers her arm.
Martina was more mature about her reaction and started off with planmaking and equipment checks. Kitoria was always impressed by how she could just think up things that would be needed right there on the spot. It showed how much time she had put into her work and how far Kitoria had to go yet.

"I never learned Dutch, sorry. Linguasofts are a nogo for me too.", she replied to the older woman, talking with her right hand while doing so.
JackRipper
Sunday, November 1st, 2065 20:13:59 (GMT+2): Constaninople,Turkey
Alexander "Pete" Petrovsky Signal Intelligence

Pete looks at the elven woman "I not speak also, not been to city or have a contacts there." Pete leans back and rubs the area around his temple datajack. "Thinks should get details on city next....type government, police that things. Also, I may hack airline ticket sellers, best we not all arrive from same place..6 trails to follow give plenty time escape yah?"
Callidus
Sunday, November 1st, 2065 20:14:10 (GMT+2): Constaninople, Turkey
Martina "Strife" di Corchi - Heavy Weapons

"Don't worry, I'll magically whisk you away to safety as usual." said Smoke

"As great a comfort as ever, m'lord" she replied with a slight grin and turning to the younger woman "Don't worry about it Kitoria, in many ways I'd suggest most stay away from chrome, speaking of which..." and pulling a pocket sized pc out and putting it on the table, she pulled a thin optic cable out of both end of a small pen stick like device. Plugging one cable into a data port on the pc, she carefully pulled out a mostly flesh coloured plug out of a datajack just behind her ear and plug the second cable into that.

Turning the screen of the pocket pc around so the other could see it, you can see a file marked Copenhagen - Novemeber 1st 2065 appear and then text filling in bullet points showing the points made so far.

"Splitting up for the flights a good idea Pete, thinking pairs but opinions? Pairs would give people more cover if something goes wrong but more conspicuous." Blinking she seems to suddenly think of something and with a grin continues "Hmm, certainly thinking of worst case aren't I? Ah well, at least at way I'll only be pleasantly surprised."
Chance359
Sunday, November 1st, 2065 20:14:10 (GMT+2): Constaninople, Turkey
Dr. Chip - Combat Medic

"Well atleast we've got something to do now." Before leaving the room, "I don't speak Danish either, so I'll also need a chip, one more for the collection I guess."

Chip heads back to his quaters and begins packing.
De Badd Ass
Sunday, November 1st, 2065 20:16:16 (GMT+2): Constaninople, Turkey
Wiley - Rigger

"Denmark?", Wiley mutters between mouthfuls of food. "Nothing ever happens in Denmark."

Wiley has been pondering this latest development for the past few minutes. He admits to himself that he doesn't know much about Denmark.

"So tell us, Pete", Wiley asks, "When do we leave on this wonderful vacation? November in Denmark should be a cool change of pace from this lovely weather. Maybe we can get in some snowboarding. If I remember correctly, the season starts in October. I hope our weather improves before departure. I sure don't feel like camping out for days in the airport terminal."

"Hey, don't laugh unless you've got a better cover story."
Sicarius
Sunday, November 1st, 2065 21:38:00 (GMT+2): Constaninople, Turkey

The dates on the tickets were for Tuesday November 3rd, flight, departing at 9:00 am on a suborbital from Constaninople direct to Kastrup Lufthavn, just south of Copenhagen. They were open-ended "tour package" tickets with the technical owner being an unheard of, and probably non-existent travel agency, which would allow the team to fill in whatever aliases they liked and could back up with a SIN. Things have been pretty quiet around the world lately. Some minor skrimishs in Eastern Turkey, you've heard some Mercs are getting contracts to do cross border stuff in CAS-AZTLAN border regions, and the Balkans is its usually drek-hole self.

Pete wracks his brain to come up with some basic information about Denmark. He remembers that its a part of the nominal Scandavian Union, although each country, of Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland maintained their own domestic laws and rules. Its underworld is dominated by the Russian Vory, which operates out of a floating city of interconnected barges and ships titled "Ship City". Ship City is a smuggler's dream. Most illegal entry to the country comes through here. In the "edgy" touristy area of Ship City there is a strip club called "The Remembering" famous for some of its more interesting live shows.The policing agency in Denmark is local corp Tyr Security. Tyr doesn't have the reputation of a Knight Errant or a Lone Star, but is known for being able to keep order. as a side business Tyr works out of the Free City of Christiana, where trade in almost everything from Black ICE, to Mil-spec hardware, to BTLs is entirely legal.

Wiley seemed to remember that a place called Ship City was a smuggler's haven in Copenhagen, where smugglers usually go in and out via mini-submersible, through into the baltic sea.

Martina remembers a smuggler contact telling her a couple years ago that the Vory run the smuggling operations out of Denmark. Mostly small independent smugglers, with the russians get a little taste from everybody,rather than any concentrated professional smuggling group.

edited: for glaring and irritating grammar error
Sicarius
Monday, November 2nd, 2065 07:15:00 (GMT+2): Constaninople, Turkey

The team had wracked their brains for ideas on how to arrive at the meet in safety, and, if need by, get away safely. One by one the team members went to sleep on the problem, While Pete jacked in and did a little homework. After about 6 hours he had accumulated a database which would enable him to find any train/plane or bus schedule within 2 hours of Copenhagen. Combing the news in general for references to the small Scandinavian country. Other than the usual boring political mumbo-jumbo, and some references to their national AA Shipping giant Maesrk doing better than usual in the stock market thanks to swallowing up some minor competitor there isn't much reference to anything of interest.
Callidus
Monday, November 2nd, 2065 06:00:00 (GMT+2): Constaninople, Turkey
Strife - Heavy Weapons

After a late night of planning and replanning the next came all too fast for Martina Heh, well glad sleep regulators exist, just for time like this..... well and worse times Getting up was it's usual mass of aches, stiff uscle and joints which were only dulled by the calasthenics routine. Pulling on a black tank top and jogging pants she headed out into the grey light of the desert's dawn for her morning run.

Monday, November 2nd, 2065 07:00:00 (GMT+2): Constaninople, Turkey

Puffing as she headed back into the base after the hour's run, the kninks run out of her muscles and the headache dulled, Martina headed straight for the shower block after grabbing a fresh set of clothes and nodding to the others that were up disappeared to enjoy a cool shower before the heat really kicked in and everyone started banging about the base.

Monday, November 2nd, 2065 07:16:00 (GMT+2): Constaninople, Turkey

Refreshed and cooled down again she head back into the mess room in desert pattern combats and a tan tank top, still towelling her short hair a bit and running a hand through it get it fairly tidy.

"So Pete found anything interesting on the matix? Hope you at least got some rack time in? If not get your Russian butt in there and catch some z's we'll manage without yer charms for a while" she said with a grin.

Nodding to the rigger "Heya Wiley, they all running smooth?" and then head over to the kitchen to grab some fruit and toast. "Any of you want anything from in here while I'm here?"
DireRadiant
Monday, November 2nd, 2065 07:16:32 (GMT+2): Constantinople, Turkey
Smoke - Phoenix Shaman

Smoke tossed his head back and emptied the green plastic bottle of it's foamy remnants. He grimaced, then tossing it into the air he ordered the little wisp of whirling air, "Toss that in the trash will ya?". As the bottle floated away to the trash and the spirit swirled out of existance, he got up and grinned at the room. "My research concludes that the Danish Pils Carlsberg brews has not improved in any way, your still better off trying any microbrew, which unfortunately is hard to get shipped here."

Eyeing his neat bunk and travel duffel all packed on it as usual, he headed for the door, "Time to get some flight time after being cooped up all last week!"
De Badd Ass
Monday, November 2nd, 2065 07:16:10 (GMT+2): Constantinople, Turkey
Wiley - Rigger

QUOTE (Callidus)
Nodding to the rigger "Heya Wiley, they all running smooth?" and then head over to the kitchen to grab some fruit and toast. "Any of you want anything from in here while I'm here?"

Wiley looks up from his travel checklist. "Mornin', Ms. Martina", Wiley says with a smile. "Has anyone made reservations with the Airport Shuttle service yet? If not, I can call.

"I guess that can wait until after breakfast. I was thinking oatmeal, but a continental breakfast feels strangely appropriate today."

Wiley takes his step stool over to the coffee maker, grabs the pot and empties it out. "Time for some fresh", he says.
Callidus
Monday, November 2nd, 2065 07:18:00 (GMT+2): Constantinople, Turkey
Strife - Heavy Weapons

"Continental eh? Not sure what cold meats we've got in but there's always Soy-Cheese." she calls over her shoulder while rumaging through the fridge "Nothing beats a full english though.... shame you can get black pudding out here, it's just not the same without it"

Putting her fruit and toast along with a selection of cheese and meats on a tray she head back out and hands most of it to Wiley. "There you go, best we can manage at the mo."

Taking a bite of apple as she sits, she continues "Well I haven't book any shuttle to the airport yet, I was going to see how we agreed to arrive first. There was some mention of seperate flights, but hey it can wait for now. Hmm, must remember to let the guards know we're going to be away too, wouldn't want someone to half-hinch our gear while we're out of the country."
De Badd Ass
Monday, November 2nd, 2065 07:20 (GMT+2): Constantinople, Turkey
Wiley - Rigger

"This is really good. 'Course when I said continental breakfast, I was thinking juice, coffee, and a Cheese Danish. But you knew that.

"For some reason, I can't get enthused about this trip. Must be this lovely weather we are having. I half-way feel like we should go a day early. A change of scenery might be a good thing. It's not like we are doing anything here at the moment. What do you think?"
Callidus
Monday, November 2nd, 2065 07:21:06 (GMT+2): Constantinople, Turkey
Strife - Heavy Weapons

"Heh, well gotta keep you boys fed or you'll tear the place apart." she says with a smile "Going a day early could be good, if the tickets let us. Will let us get a better idea of the area, although does mean a day of burning creds. Guess we'd better wait til everyone's up and get their opinions first."
Sicarius
Taking a break from the food do to a little research, Strife is able to learn fairly quickly that weapons laws are fairly strict in Denmark. Firearms and all edged weapons longer than 2.5 inches were considered deadly weapons and prohibited except to those in police or security fields. Stun weapons were considered legal, without a permit.
Konsaki
Monday, November 2nd, 2065 07:24:32 (GMT+2): Constantinople, Turkey
Shadow Kat - Infiltrator

Yawning, Kitoria obviously wasnt a happy camper this morning. As she walked into the kitchen area, she silently cursed staying up until the early morning trying to pack for the coming expedition. With eyes half closed, she made her way towards the coffie like a zombie after meta-human brains, in nothing but a long oversized sky blue t-shirt.
After slowly pouring herself a cup of the glorious black necter, she leaned back against the counter and just enjoyed the feeling. After a bit, she rubbed her eyes with her free hand and murmered a greeting to everyone present before sitting down in a empty seat.
Callidus
Monday, November 2nd, 2065 07:30:03 (GMT+2): Constantinople, Turkey
Strife - Heavy Weapons

Giving Kitoria a while to fully wake herself Martina then looked up and seeing most of the squad about in some sembelence of wakefulness she handed over the info she'd managed to scrap of the 'trix.

"Well good morning ladies and gents, from what I've found we should be good with non-lethal gear in Denmark, but no guns, no blades more than 2.5 inches." At this she holds up a breakfast knife "That's about this size in case imperial is tricky.... I know I can't ever manage metric." and grins at them. "Anyway I guess we're pretty much set I'd suggest everyone finish off what shopping and so they need and we'll get ready for the flights whenever Pete's got us booked in."
Sicarius
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2065 13:35:03 (GMT+1): Copehagen, Denmark

The Mercs stepped outside of the airport baggage pick up area into the cool, but smoggy Copenhagen air. Hundreds of busy travels of all national origins jostled back and forth, getting into or out of cabs, Hauling bags, waiting for rides, or getting a desperate illicit smoke in before having to reboard. Through the crowd roamed the black clad, Tyr Security, machine pistols dangling from shoulder slings, as they scanned the crowd through helmet visors, looking for trouble makers. Two of the Tyr guards are speaking with each other in Danish, when behind them, the team spots a chauffeur holding up a scrolling digital sign which reads: "ATT:Smyte party". The chauffeur is leaning up against a long black Rolls-Royce limo, and scanning the crowd behind mirrored shades.
De Badd Ass
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2065 13:35:30 (GMT+1): Copehagen, Denmark
Wiley - Rigger

"That chauffeur won't leave without us", Wiley explains as he ducks into one of the shops along the concourse, looking to buy a Danish language linguasoft.
Sicarius
Inside the terminal Wiley sees a small kiosk. two or three people are in line, purchasing sodas and knick-knacks. Hanging behind the bored looking young female Ork attendant is a two-pack Danish Lingua-soft and a Copehagen Data-soft featuring a map with tourist attractions featured. The pack goes for 500 yen.
De Badd Ass
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2065 13:40 (GMT+1): Copehagen, Denmark
Wiley - Rigger

Wiley pulls out a certified credstick, and points it a the bubble pack containing the 'softs. After completing the transaction, he opens the pack, and slots the linguasoft into a datajack.

Wiley returns to the group. "Jeg har det fint".
Callidus
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2065 13:50 (GMT+1): Copenhagen, Denmark
Strife - Heavy Weapons

"Good move Wiley, guess you're now the interpreter." she says with a smile for the rigger. "Okay, everyone grab anything you need and then it looks like our ride is here and it wouldn't pay to leave them hanging too long."
DireRadiant
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2065 13:51 (GMT+1): Copenhagen, Denmark
Smoke - Phoenix Shaman

Coming out of the Duty Free shop Smoke struggled momentarily with the pair of six packs of sample beer bottles. Strapping them to the top of his rolling suitcase fixed the problem and he grinned as he met with the others.

"Came with some coupons for a couple micro brews."

Pulling one out at random he pulled the cooling tab and admired the frost forming on the bottle before sipping. "Help yourselves."
Konsaki
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2065 13:51 (GMT+1): Copenhagen, Denmark
Shadow Kat - Infiltrator

"Isn't a bit early to be drinking it up, Smoke?", the elven woman asked as she adjusted her long coat. "We might need you sober if something goes wrong. Though, I really hope nothing does...", she continued as she moved on to making her gloves were snug and strapped tightly.
Looking over at the scrolling sign and the vehicle behind it, Kitoria smiled a bit and mused, "At least we will be riding in style, if only for the meet."

De Badd Ass
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2065 13:51:20 (GMT+1): Copehagen, Denmark
Wiley - Rigger

Wiley starts to reply, stops, and takes a few deep breaths. He decides to let that dig go by, and not let it spoil his day. Muttering under his breath, he takes off for the limo, towing his bag behind him.
Sicarius
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2065 14:41:20 (GMT+1): Copehagen, Denmark

The driver of the Rolls-Royce smiles as the group approaches.

"Welcome to Denmark." He opens the door so the team get in, before moving to the rear of the car and putting their luggage inside the trunk.

Once the team was piled inside the car, the driver shut the door behind them, and got behind the wheel, shortly there after the ride was underway. A screen of glass, likely bulletproof, seperates the driver from his guests. a touchpad intercom is on the right side door handle.

"Again, welcome to Denmark and to Copenhagen. I've been instructed to tell you
that we are headed to the free city of Christiania, not quite an hour from here. When we arrive you will need an... appropriate identification to enter. My employer will be inside the city waiting for you.

The ride is quiet, the driver answers any questions with an noncommittal, "I'm sure my employer will explain in more detail." After perhaps 50 mintues of driving, they find themselves at a military style check point. A security guard in the same black uniform of the TYR security at the airport is stopping each car, interrogating the owners, and then waving them through. Behind him an armored personnel carrier is parked off to left side, two similarly uniformed men sit on top of it. Another four armed men are visible inside a guardhouse off to the right side.

The limo approaches and the driver rolls the windows down.

"Are you buying or selling?" the guard asks the driver.

"Buying." the driver replies as he hands over a credstick. The guard scans it, and than hand its back.

"Gentlemen, ladies, may I see your identification please?" The guard asks, standing at the left passenger side window, hand outstretched.
Callidus
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2065 14:42:05 (GMT+1): Copenhagen, Denmark
Strife - Heavy Weapons

Hmm, fake id or real.... hell it's no secret me coming here and not sure the fake's will holdup....

Digging in her pocket for a second she pulls out a credstick and holds it out to the guard. "Here you go, hun, kinda cold today isn't it?"
De Badd Ass
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2065 14:42:12 (GMT+1): Copenhagen, Denmark
Wiley - Rigger

Wiley flexes his fingers like a Jedi while muttering under his breath, then waits a few seconds. When the guard doesn't respond, Wiley reaches into a pocket with a sigh, and produces his SIN.
Konsaki
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2065 14:42:15 (GMT+1): Copenhagen, Denmark
Shadow Kat - Infiltrator

'I hope this pulls through...', the elven woman thinks to herself as she slowly pulls out her credstick and hands it to the guard after the dwarven rigger.
DireRadiant
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2065 14:42:15 (GMT+1): Copenhagen, Denmark
Smoke - Phoenix Shaman

Amused at the fruitless finger wiggling, Smoke, pulls the tab on one of his sampler beer bottles and taps Wiley on the shoulder with it offering it to him with a grin. "I'll have to try it with the finger wiggling some time."

Still grinning he hands over his Julio Chavez cover to be passed to the guard.
Sicarius
The Security Officer watches "Julio" open another beer.

"Sir, are you aware that it is a violation of the law to have an open alcoholic beverage inside a conveyance?" He is offering a regulation issue frown, his index finger taps out a rhythm on the grip of the machine pistol. "I'll have to ask you to surrender the beverages. And consider this a warning Mr.Chavez."
DireRadiant
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2065 14:42:32 (GMT+1): Copenhagen, Denmark
Smoke - Phoenix Shaman

"Aww, sorry dude." Smoke shakes his head in disappointment as he retracts the coolling opened beer bottle from his friend and hands it out the window.

"Do you want these too?" he asks, holding out the remaining unopened bottles to the Security Officer.
Sicarius
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2065 14:42:32 (GMT+1): Copenhagen, Denmark
The security officer takes the opened bottles, and his frown gets deeper. "no. but please wait until you're no longer in the vehicle before opening your next one." Having checked the remainder of the IDs, he waves the car through the check-point.

As they pass through an archway, they see a small metallic sign, similar to what you see on the highway, which reads "Welcome to the Free Trade City of Christiania. No Sentient Beings, Meta-Human Organs or articles in violation of the UN Chemical Weapons Convention, Biological Weapons Convention, or Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, may be sold."

The Mercs can see stall after stall set up with hawkers offering everything from optical chips and cyberdecks, to a red-bearded dwarf who is sitting on top of a German made Panzer. Another dealer has row after row of Mil-spec weapons, and the boxes of ammo to go with them.

A human female, the left side of her head shave, sits in a lawn chair beneath a sign that says: "ICE: Doesn't Get Any Blacker... Inquire Within."

Finally they come to a parking lot which stretches on for approximately 3 blocks. The driver parks his vehicle in an open space, where a human male, in his mid-30s, in a conservative cut gray suit is standing. He had a solid metal briefcase clutched by the handle with both hands, and is smiling widely.

The driver opens the rear door for him, and he slides in beside Strife, smiling as the limo gets a little more crowded.

"Good afternoon." He says, in that english accent only used by the well taught european types. "My name is Mr.Andersen. I appreciate your answering my message." He clicks a button on the briefcase, which begins making a humming noise...

"Are there any questions before we begin?"

Callidus
Tuesday, Novembet 3rd, 2065 14:45:34 (GMT+1): Copenhagen, Denmark
Strife - Heavy Weapons

Sighing resignedly at Smoke's reprimand but knowing better than to comment or even to expect less from the mage. Hehe, same ol' Smoke nice to see somethings never change.

As the limo moves on Strife runs an appreciative eye over at least some of the merchandise. Hmmm, see they've managed to get hold of the newer Stoner-Ares GPHMGs... silly name... general purpose HMG? sure they realise that an HMG's purpose is very well defined. Ooo, MLS.... hmm bit heavy for personnal use in my opinion but good for a pindle mount... wonder if they have armour somewhere..... Might be worth the hassle of getting it shipped out if this job pays out well and goes smooth.

As the limo pulls over to let in Mr.Andersen, she shuffles over slightly to make room, in a fairly unobtrusive way so as not to look like she doesn't want to sit next to the employer. And as the door opens and he gets in she smiles at him graciously. Hearing the whine of the white noise kick in she's comforted as the employer obviously doesn't want to be overheard and so the pitch is coming.
Konsaki
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2065 14:45:13 (GMT+1): Copenhagen, Denmark
Shadow Kat - Infiltrator

Sitting in the rear facing seats in the passenger portion of the limo, Kitoria had full view of the entrance Mr. Anderson. She mentally breathed a sigh of relief when she heard him speak in plain english, though with an obvious European accent. 'This should make things a lot easier, for all people involved.', she told herself as she smiled back at the older man.

"Good afternoon, Mr Anderson. My name is Shadow Kat and it is an honor to meet under these circumstances. I cant tell you the last time I've rode in a limousine as luxurious as this one is.", her southern accent subdued but still there in her response. She then continued by introducing the rest of the gathered team, using each person's callsign, motioning towards each with one of her gloved hands. When she finished, she folded her hands across her lap and smiled again as she waited for the Johnson to continue.
Sicarius
"A quarter of a million nuyen is the offer." Says Andersen as soon as he is sure he has everyone's attention. He gauges their reaction to the offer before continuing, "The Asante Nation, Africa. It's ruled by King Osei Agyemangof. He has a very unenlightened view of modern business. The Asante Nation has always been this way. While this has been a negative for the standard of living of the good Asante people, it is something of a positive for us, since many of the mineral resources which were snapped up in the rush, have not been developed there. We have found a party of individuals interested in reforming the Asante government, instilling good representative government, and strong pro-business concerns. This party has good representation in the Asante army, and can expect support from the people. However, things can often be disordered, particularly when a country has not had an exchange of political power in several decades. When conducting such a power exchange, it is considered typical to... secure the former ruler, until such time as the situation is under control. This will be the job of your team. Because of the particulars of the Asante belief system, our friends cannot afford to be seen to have physically... inconvinenced the King. However, if... outsiders were to commit the act, than it would make sense for the military to take to the streets and secure order." He takes a deep breath before continuing.

"So... your objectives will be to either terminate or detain King Osei. Then serve as a force multipler as needed to secure the success of the take over of government by our friends. Do you agree?"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012