Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Wanna New Game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Fortune
Ok, so I've been pretty patient since my return, sitting day after day waiting for one of you would-be GMs to make the first move and start up a new SR4 game.

No more!

Step up! smile.gif
DireRadiant
Join a current one.
Konsaki
There is the ongoing LitS game, though it isnt just a true run and gun from the start.
Fortune
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Nov 10 2006, 12:39 PM)
Join a current one.

Ain't none 'hiring' at the moment, that I can see. wink.gif

QUOTE (Konsaki)
There is the ongoing LitS game, though it isnt just a true run and gun from the start.

Yeah I know about LitS. While I don't necessarily mind the concept, it seems like a lot of hoops to jump through just to play in a game online. I hate jumping through unnecessary hoops, which is why I don't play on MU*s ... or do anything productive with my life. wink.gif

I don't have an off-line game at the moment, and when I do I always have to GM. I just want to play a character. frown.gif
BishopMcQ
Balance Due will be hiring shortly for 2-3 more players. I know 1 person has expressed interest in joining up, that leaves 1-2 more slots.
Fortune
Cool, I'll check that out. Thanks. cool.gif

Doesn't let all you other would-be GMs out there off the hook. Get it in gear and start up some games. nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif
Zolhex
Hehe move to central Florida and join my game lol.
emo samurai
Maybe I should start one.
Cold-Dragon
By all means try. We could always use more games being made.

I want to see a Technomancer or two live up to proper credit sometime.
Konsaki
I wonder, how many active Technomancers do we actually have on the forums right now?
I am running one in the 'Up from the Bottom' game, but I dont remember seeing any others.
emo samurai
That's 'cause they suck under the current rules.
Cold-Dragon
I think you're underestimating them, but eh, that's your freedom to do.
emo samurai
Fortune, I am your fucking salvation. I'm starting an AIM game involving Dumpshockers, and the link to the GM Registry page is here.

It will rock you.
BlackHat
QUOTE (Konsaki)
I wonder, how many active Technomancers do we actually have on the forums right now?
I am running one in the 'Up from the Bottom' game, but I dont remember seeing any others.

I played one for a little while in a game that lost steam.
Overall I like the rules, but I do think they suffer from all of the typical complaints about them.
Fortune
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Fortune, I am your fucking salvation.

Of course you are! biggrin.gif

Thanks, I saw that (as you've probably noticed from my response). My problem is time-zone-related, as I am currently located in Sydney. AIM-type games are hard to coordinate on a global scale, which is why I was hoping for a Forum game or two. smile.gif
Cold-Dragon
Well, I need a replacement character for later....and maybe you can ghost the old character if you were too impatient, but I warn you I'm a first time GM and all that.

Fair warning.
Fortune
That's the Mirrors in the Shadows game, right?
Digital Heroin
Despite the failings of several of my fledling games in the past, a long absence on my part save an ocassional comment, and a somewhat drek-laden work schedule at the moment (which is what happens when you're at sea for the better part of the year), I am sorely tempted to start a SR4 game. I've got the concept rolling around in my head, and I'm on my last sail for at least seven months, so I'm going to have a good deal of time to run it unfettered by anything save course-work (I'll be on a trades course for the military, and starting correspondance, but neither worries me).

So, yeah, possibly something on the horizon from me.
Fortune
Woohoo! biggrin.gif
Penta
Yay!:)
Sicarius
Your better off than me Fortune, I'm looking for an SR3 game, and to the best of my knowledge am the only person whose running them. (have two now, and have a possibility for a third if there was interest)
Fortune
I'd play SR3 as well, but I no longer have access to most of the books.

But I really want to try SR4.
Zak
long time reader, first time poster.

think I'd be up for a SR4 game aswell cool.gif
tarbrush
I'm up for either, SR3 or 4. I would quite like to try 4 though
Callidus
I'm definitely more of a SR3 player than SR4 but I'm good for anything *8-> I'd run a game but every game I've run has died a most horrible death *8-> Maybe sometime soon though *8->
Fortune
QUOTE (Callidus @ Nov 18 2006, 04:02 AM)
I'd run a game but every game I've run has died a most horrible death

It's an occupational hazard. Out of all the people I know, Shadow has had the best luck with online games, having GM'ed at least four to completion so far. Maybe he knows a secret ... biggrin.gif
BishopMcQ
So out of curiousity, if I was to launch a recruitment thread...what type of game are people wanting to play?

Think of this as the chance for the players to tell the GM what to do...
Fortune
Seriously, I'm alright with anything ... as long as I don't have to play a hacker. I just can't get my head around the "techie-thing", otherwise I'd have snatched up that other offer.
BishopMcQ
The question is one of style and desire...

Do people want to play starting runners, or established ones?
Teamwork or disparate individuals?

Legit, quasi-legit, shadow community?

Traditional structure, or something different? (Bounty hunting, Military, DocWagon, etc)

I want to try building interest and then developing the story around it, rather than pitching an idea and seeing what the response is.
Fortune
QUOTE (McQuillan @ Nov 18 2006, 05:42 AM)
The question is one of style and desire...

In understood that. I was merely trying to illustrate my desperation level. wink.gif
Zak
personally not really a fan of doc wagon or low level campaigns, might be because all tries I had with that turned out pretty frustrating/boring after a while.
Apart from that i'd be up for anything, be it a copy of Dog the Bounty Hunter (ok, maybe a 'bit' more challenging wink.gif ) or shaking hands with the high rollers.
Penta
I'd prefer a starting runners campaign, but will play anything.

Structure-wise...I could go with anything.

My only dislikes: Magic-heavy. I just don't get the magic rules yet. I haven't looked at the new hacking/matrix rules yet to figure them out, either, but am excited at the possibilities of the new ruleset.
Digital Heroin
QUOTE (McQuillan)
So out of curiousity, if I was to launch a recruitment thread...what type of game are people wanting to play?

Think of this as the chance for the players to tell the GM what to do...

At this point any GM who'd tolerate the potential for insanity in my concepts would be the GM for me, anything else I'm flexible with. Though the concept of Expats has been something I've been keen on lately. Fish out of water in a place where a culturesoft's just not gonna cut it.
Digital Heroin
Update: I'm working on two ideas right now, one a world-hopping fixed team type of game with a heavy metal element to it, and the other an expirimental which'll take some definite time to cook up, as it's outside the box enough to require its own set of house rules, not just one or two.
Fortune
CyberPirates! Arrggghh ...

Yo-ho-ho an' a bottle o' lubricatin' oil. cyber.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (Digital Heroin)
... a world-hopping fixed team type of game with a heavy metal element to it ...

Sounds cool too.
Gremish
I'd be willing to run a game if people are interested in playing, its been a bit since my last one but i'll be happy to run another =)

I wil have to break out my books and such again since this is the first time i've logged on Dumpshock since SR4 Hit =P I know the rules and play regularly with friends ect just kinda forgot about DS sarcastic.gif
Shockwave_IIc
Well if people are looking for any SR3 players then i'm available. Don't own any SR4 stuff so thats out for me.

I prefer Low power/ Basic games to high powered ones, but hey.
Fortune
I think you should have put it this way ...

Shockwave IIc wants a damn SR3 game! Now!!!

biggrin.gif
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Fortune)
I think you should have put it this way ...

Shockwave IIc wants a damn SR3 game! Now!!!

biggrin.gif

Well thats me going to bed ammused.
HMHVV Hunter
I'd like to play an SR3 game too.
Gremish
i can run a SR3 game, i'll post tommorow about it for ya.
Fortune
See? It worked! wink.gif
Callidus
weeeeeeeee!!!! SR3 *8->
Grinder
QUOTE (Fortune)
See? It worked! wink.gif

Either you are very convincing - or you used your cursed IE powers! grinbig.gif
Callidus
or you used your cursed IE powers!

That and he's currently in a Toxic Lodge? Toxic IE....... run for the hills *8->
Grinder
The mighty Drop Bears can help you, just come and join our thread.
Fortune
They haven't done a very good job so far. But then again, you can't expect too much from the fuzzy, slack-jawed, flea-ridden rodents.
Grinder
That's what we want you to believe, archenemy.
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (Gremish)
i can run a SR3 game, i'll post tommorow about it for ya.

So...what's the game gonna be?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012