Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR4 Combat Tracker & NPC Data Base. (Excel 2003)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Glock-9mm
A freind and I are currently developing an excel book at the moment based around the idea of being a combat tracker thats used on a laptop during play by the GM (or a very reliable player). Its main aim is to speed up play so that common information that the GM needs to reference about his PCs, Mooks, Bad Guys or Critters is right there on the one tab. (There are back-tabs that will handle the core data that is translated through the sheet to the front end/work page)

We have just tested the proto-type and are now working on some fine tuning/alterations that hopefully will make it a lot more friendly and useful to the adv GM who hates looking through 10 bits of paper for numbers. (And yes... I am also developing a "read me" page to make things easier for the new user.)

My question to the community "as a whole" is what would you find useful in such a tool. We "have" considered adding a "Auto Roller" but have junked that idea as players like to roll the "bones" as it were. Things that we are including are:

Critter Names
Standard Concept NPCS/Critters (IE: Sprawl Ganger, Beat Cop, Barghest etc etc)
Concept NPCS Basic Attribute, Gear, 3 main forms of attack, Cyberware, Armour Stats, Standard Combat Skills, Standard Magic Skills & Powers/Spells of Importance.

For now we are not intersted in adding all the stuff from the Core Book/Street Magic Book and so will not be creating a database of gear/spells/wizpops that you can select for the database. It will be "for the better part of it" a manual imput based sheet that each GM can taylor to his/her/its campaign. (IE: Its not an NPC Generator & being that I run my game in the HK setting I bet you all don't want my "Crazy Fish Monger template!.) There will also be a part on the front end to include modifers suffered in combat.

One of my questions is though, what would other GMs need to quick reference in combat that they would like handled by the sheet.

Another question is what you "would not" like to see.

The floor is open.

Regards
Glock-9mm (NZ)

Glock-9mm
VERSION 1.1 RELEASE

The first version that we are happy to put online is ready for peoples download and comments.

The SR4 GM Tracking Tool we have created is built in MS Excel 2003 and macro light allows a GM to Track Initiatives Intelligently, Add new bad guy templates and more importantly... Look after all of his or her NPCS.

Although we built it to support a Hong Kong based game it can be easily modified to support a Seattle, Denver etc...

It does have a small amount of Macro in it but all of that is to support the Initiative Tracker, If you want to "review" the macro before firing it up simply don't enable the macro on your 1st load of it and review it... Just remember not to save it like that. wink.gif

GM Tracker Version 1.1

Suggestions, Comments, Complaints & Bugs can be posted here or emailed to Ulkarnis@Gmail.com (This program will be updated as it develops and the version number will change to reflect this). Sheet Creators: Glock-9mm & Mailroom-Junkie.

Other works I have released in the past can be found there also, including the SR3 Crib Sheet and 3.5 D&D Crib Sheet. Simply search for the word "Crib" or "Glock-9mm" on www.rpgsheets.com

At a later date (next week or two) I intend to re-release the SR3 Crib sheet updated for SR4.

Regards
Glock-9mm
jklst14
Just downloaded your sheet and I think it looks great. Two things that might be useful:

1. A way to roll perception for all the PCs with a single click
2. A built in die roller

I'm sure I'll have more input once I play with it some more. Keep up the good work!
Glock-9mm
QUOTE (jklst14)
Just downloaded your sheet and I think it looks great. Two things that might be useful:

1. A way to roll perception for all the PCs with a single click
2. A built in die roller

I'm sure I'll have more input once I play with it some more. Keep up the good work!

We had considered putting dice code into the sheet... The issue being though that A: We did'nt/don't know how, and B: We didnt want to make the sheet to heavy with code. There are still some stuff we have to impliment but we will be hashing through that soon enough.

We are currently devising a better way to handle spirits but development on that it a little delayed on the basis that Mailroom-Junkie is based in Oz and I am in NZ, And we both work like dogs. But we will get it done... Or go insane trying, lol.

Glock-9mm
Glock-9mm
Ok, I have decided I want to put an intergrated dice roller into this bad puppy, but what I lack is the know how on how to code/impliment such a device.

Anyone have the know how?

If so then please put your hand up if you are willing to help out.

Regards
Glock-9mm (NZ)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012