Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick Questions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
LegionX
I have two quick questions:

First, as i've read around on the web people complaining about the lack of a skill web in shadowrun 3rd edition, i wondered if anyone have ever made an updated one?

Second: has anyone successfully made the NSRCG (Shadowrun Character Generator) run in Windows XP? The installation rants about wanting to "update" my files, which i don't intent to let it do... is there a workaround?

Keep up the rambling cyber.gif
TinkerGnome
I wasn't aware that a skillweb was really needed. If you want to rewrite the defaulting rules as a set of houserules, go for it, though.

As far as NSRCG goes, you need to let it update a few files. Or you can try asking in the NSRCG thread for a work around.
Shadow
I made it work fine on my work and home computer. I am running XP pro. I recomend just saying yes at any questions.
mcmackie
QUOTE (LegionX)
Second: has anyone successfully made the NSRCG (Shadowrun Character Generator) run in Windows XP? The installation rants about wanting to "update" my files, which i don't intent to let it do... is there a workaround?

Typically, on the XP, this is caused by a lack of permission. That is, you're not the administrator... now before you go off about how you have administrator priviledges, this is the buggy XP system we're talking about here. Two things to try:
1) Login as administrator and try to install...
2) Reboot, hit the F8 key, start up in Safe Mode, and install

One of these two things usually does it.. smile.gif
EVLTIM
Yea I had a straight install with XP no problems what so ever .smile.gif
Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate
What EVILTIM said. Being as how he's all Tim. And evil.
Kagetenshi
But mostly Tim.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012