Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruitment: Running Wild
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Gremish
Hello again.

I have already posted another recruitment thread for this forum, however just to keep things open i would like to start another recruitment in a little more conventional Shadowrun manner.

campaign - Basis in Seattle. This campaign will be more along the lines of your everyday Shadowrunners lives, with a twist of course.

At this exact moment i would like to ask for some character Submissions, Profile/Personality as well as backgrounds on the characters. Any type of character is acceptable at this time, i will do my best to incorporate each.

This campaign will be updated Daily, i would ask that players do the same and update as often as possible. I'm not looking for people to post every day no matter what, i myself will miss some days due to other commitments and no access to computers, however just as often as you can, and if you need an extended afk then just tell me and we will see what we can do.

Right now i would like to see if i can get interest in player, at all, and if i can get 3-4 players then we will begin this campaign and more information will be provided as soon as possible smile.gif

Thanks
Fortune
Sent! wink.gif
Digital Heroin
Expect something shortly...
MrMiracle
I don't have anything that will take me away from the game for a good long while, so I'll provide a concept.
tarbrush
Ooh! Mememe!

I'll get a concept up ASAP
Gremish
I've gotten a few character --- still looking for more!
Shockwave_IIc
I've already sent you a PM. Hope you like.

Opps, we talking SR3 or 4?
Fortune
QUOTE (Gremish)
I've gotten a few character ...

Full characters, or just concepts?
Fortune
QUOTE (Shockwave_IIc)
... we talking SR3 or 4?

As far as I know, it will be SR4.
Gremish
Im looking for concepts at the moment, full characters are pointless at this time due to a few house rules and changes i will be making that i feel are needed for the game. Those changes will come later along with BP ect. Until then i would like to make sure i have a good 4-5 players with character concepts.

You always lose a few peopel as you play so starting with alot of runners is better then a small group, however as long as we get at least 4 (and it looks like we will for sure for this game) we shouldnt have any problems =)

It will be mainly SR4, with possible alterations that are like SR3 (somethings i feel make the game run smoother) and a few house rules.

i DONT own all the SR4 books however, so some things i may not be able to check, i ahve the main book and several otehrs but i played SR3 for a very long time and didnt feel like spending a couple hundred more dollars on new books yet =/
Fortune
QUOTE (Gremish @ Nov 20 2006, 05:36 PM)
Im looking for concepts at the moment ...

It's cool. I just panicked and was making sure. biggrin.gif

i ahve the main book and several otehrs

Well, technically there aren't all that many available yet. The core book plus Street Magic and Runner Havens ... with the adventure On The Run and the GM Screen. You aren't that behind ... yet. wink.gif
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Gremish)
It will be mainly SR4,

Ah bugger.. I own nothing of SR4. Oh well.

As a side, is it mostly SR4 thats played here now? I've been away for a while.
Gremish
Yeah, kinda.

Let me put it this way... i dislike SR4. Some of the concepts in it are very good by i have a altered game built by me and my gamers that we call SR 3.2, i will be stealing most of the ideas for this game from that. With that in mind i can help you witht the SR4 rules that i do use so you can still play if you would like.

Also ill be posting a modfied character sheet i designed fromteh SR4/SR3 stuff =P

So dont get crazy on me yet =D
Fortune
QUOTE (Shockwave_IIc)
As a side, is it mostly SR4 thats played here now? I've been away for a while.

Seems like a pretty even split. A couple of SR3 games just started up a few weeks ago, and then this spate of games are mostly SR4.

Chuck a post into my "I Wanna New Game" thread stating your preferences for SR3. Seems to work. smile.gif
MrMiracle
Well, my preference as far as character creation goes leans towards 4. The cost list alone is much more forgiving smile.gif
Gremish
Alright here are the rules and rule changes for my Running Wild game.

I will edit this post with more info as i flesh it out.

Most rules come from SR4, the Setting and time come from SR4, some books for SR4 i do NOT own and so please ask before using something crazy I haven't even heard about on me wobble.gif

[ Spoiler ]

Rules are SR4. I'm not putting any house rules in at this time. If nessecary some may be instituted later to help game play along, however, at this time i feel it will run smoother just to leaving it this way so all players know the basics.

More information will possibly come, however start work on those characters =)
Gremish
Get me some characters!!!!!!!

This game will begin as soon as i get the characters in and approved =)
Digital Heroin
Since I'm on a bender of building, I'm still in, just need to look over a few things, sort a concept out...
Gremish
E-mail characters to haljordan12@yahoo.com please, get em in soon i would like to begin wednesday, if not sooner =)
Gremish
I got a little bit of time on my hands atm so i am going to go ahead and give a little more information so you can get your characters and backgrounds built with a little extra game flavor involved.

First, your character has been known a round the block abit for what he/she has done, you have a solid rep with the locals and the gangers / runners in the "hood" where you live. But you want more. After several small but good runs you are feeling like a billion Nuyen, you are ready to kick some ass and take some names, but first ya need a job.

You contact a fixer you know by the name of Cable. Cable is a local but he's known pretty darn well throughout the seattle underground. Cable is one of the guys you love to know but hate to meet. He is more crome then human anymore and you think at some point he must have been a corp project cause there is no way any human should be still classified as human with that much metal in him.

Cable has set up a few runs for you int he past to get you off your feet, and this time he tells you:

"Alright chummer you think your hot shit now huh? Good, i got something for ya, meet me at the docks next Tuesday at 7am, and don't be late. Your friends from the last couple runs will be in on this also, i have already contacted them." With that Cable leaves you hanging. But hey, it's a job right? And he said this was the big time!

Your characters have all worked together before, for whatever reason they got into shadowrunning you all made your way to the biggest fixer in town, Cable. He is the go to man for new runners, people down on their luck and just about any piece of drek that needs a hand or a few extra creds. However at this point you know damn well he isn't Mr. Niceguy. He takes everything in and expects a full return on any investment in anyone, whether it's in service, nuyen or your hide.

----------

Obviously this is like the beginning of the in character thread, i'm posting this here to get ya started, you kow your basic background and can further it from there. spin.gif
MrMiracle
Belle looks out the windshield of her car at a her current target. Pontius, her hacking tutor, sits next to her.

"Do you see him, Belle?"

"Yep."

"What can you tell me?"

"He's checked the address of the 'Playpen' five times in the last fifteen minutes. It looks as though he's zeroing in on the location finally."

The two watch a man in an overcoat who is obviously trying to hide his identity. He looks about as if looking for something. What he doesn't realize is the 'Playpen' is over six blocks away.

"Good work so far. Now lets intercept one of the ad-icon's in the region." Pontius points to an establishment that services a very different clientele from the Playpen. "There."

Belle focuses on the icon in question. She checks the feed being sent to the wanderer's commlink and alters the ad accordingly.

Mr Overcoat, now very confident that he's located his night's entertainment, strides into an all-male bath-house, only to bolt out seconds later in bewilderment.

Belle and Pontius laugh together. Belle's commlink beeps and she checks the message for trojans before playing it back.

"Its from Cable. A job."

Pontius pats her gently on the knee.

"Try to stay yourself this time, okay?"

"I'll try, Pontius."
Digital Heroin
Mr. M, I'm not sure that the post was actually the start of IC play... though as far as openers go that's quite an amusing one... biggrin.gif

Given there seems already to be a Hacker, I'll scrap the concept I was going with, and instead work on my secondary... informative posting for the win...
MrMiracle
Well, I should tell you that Belle can't function as a hacker all of the time. Since our characters are supposed to have worked together before, you'd all naturally know this. There are times when she can simply go berserk and seems to become a completely different person, more of a samurai type almost. When this happens, she won't even acknowledge that she can hack into anything.

I'll post more useful information for you in a bit.
Gremish
Characters PLEASE --- this game begins TONIGHT --- those that dont have character profiles and sheets in will have to make due until ya do and get them to me ASAP!
Gremish
Only 1 character submission... due to the others games going for SR4 am i to assume people are playing in so many of those i should drop this one to another time also since i cant seem to get chars?
Callidus
Sorry Gremish, been being crappy... concept below and I'll try and get the char sheet over toyou asap (prolly later tonight)

[ Spoiler ]
Callidus
Concept, Char Sheet, and 20 questions away via PM, background to follow shortly (I hope)
MrMiracle
I'm still around
biggrin.gif
Gremish
Miricle Anti Cal are who i got so far in this game, if no one else is interested we will begin with us 4 and see how it goes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012