Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruiting: SR3 -- End of the Line
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Gremish
Heya, this is for all you SR3 gamers out there. I'd like to see how many gamers we are looking at but this game will have a concept like this:

Setting - Detroit MI, the home of Ares.
Date - Jan, 2063.
Who - your ass in a sling.
Why - Cause i said so.

basicly this will be a campeign where you arn't getting a normal start, you won't have a choice in gear other then what you base your skills on, expect to start off screwed and spend your Char gen Nuyen on harware and stuff you forgot at home.

Right now i eed to see who is interested, to give a little flavor so you know if you wanna play let just say you start out in a room strapped to a chair gagged and beaten, and the worst part is... you dont remeber why...

So who's in!
Sicarius
PLEASE!!!!

I think I have a character idea that will work well, but I need to see more about what you mean on the chargen business. But since this is the only offering of a SR3 game (other than my own 2) I'm basically begging for a spot.
Callidus
Sounds like fun *8-> I'll throw my hat in the ring, got an idea for a mystic adept.... although he does use a lot of force 1 spells so might be a bit munchy but hopefully not *8->

From the intro it sounds like Amnesia could be a prevailent flaw *8->
Konsaki
I'll throw in my hat into the ring, though I need to think on the char concept some.

Q - What systems are you allowing for chargen? If you allow BeCKs, what point value are you requiring?
HMHVV Hunter
I hate to say this after saying I was seeking an SR3 game - but the concept doesn't sound like fun to me.

I'm already playing a Vampire: the Requiem LARP where I'm constantly getting fucked over; I don't much feel like playing a second game where it sounds like it's part and parcel of the plot as well.

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to pass.
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter)
I hate to say this after saying I was seeking an SR3 game - but the concept doesn't sound like fun to me.

Ditto, sorry but i'm not in the mind set to play a game like this.

I was really wanting an SR3 game as well.

Bugger.
Jaid
QUOTE (Shockwave_IIc)
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter @ Nov 29 2006, 10:02 PM)

Ditto, sorry but i'm not in the mind set to play a game like this.

I was really wanting an SR3 game as well.

Bugger.

what, you mean a game destined to be full of unarmed physical adepts (with maybe a few throwing adepts mixed in) and full magicians doesn't appeal to you? nyahnyah.gif
Gremish
I'm sorry the concept doesnt apeal but it isnt going to be based how i think everyone seems to be making it out to be.

If its an issue for a few of you i can change it to a more "normal" game. Doesnt make a difference to me in all honesty, just thought it would be fun to start mid way in the adventure but having forgotten alot about it.

For now we can swithc to something more "normal" for you since your the ones that wanted it.

The idea i had for the beginning of this campaign was designed to make it so that you are a captured group being expeirimented upon, you dont know hwat the hell they did to you but you were able to exscape and have to rebuild your base within the city, find out your teams past and where you lived ect, you keep your skills cyberwear and everythign else, once on the street out you as a team have to figure out whats next and each person gets a "Flashback" partical with a little bit more information leading to your lives, the goal would be to figure things out, much like a mystery. Ger wouldnt really be much of an issue, i didnt want you buying gear because i was going to GIVE you it free off the start when you escape and take down guards ect.

Sorry you guys don't wanna do that kind of thing.

We can change concepts since people don't want this type of campain i'll design a more "normal" one a little later tonight.
Gremish
I'm feeling like this is kinda crappy, you asked for a SR3 game and i designed a game for ya'll and you didnt give me any speculations other then "i want it to be SR3" so i try to come up with something new, origanal and fun, change is good sometimes. And instead of giving it a try i get bashed for it =/

I guess that will show me for making a effort to help out, maybe i'll just not GM for a while and only play in a few games since i can't seem to pull enough players together for any form of game since i'm newer to these boards and i am trying different campaign ideas *Sigh*
Konsaki
Dude... you didnt even give it a full day... Personally, I like the concept. Makes it less of a normal run and more of a mystery.
Gremish
yeah i know but the reason i made it int eh first place was for those people who were asking for it, just sad that it gets labled that way makes me feel like its not worth doing it. However, if enough players are still in for it i'll still run it, im just pissed atm cause i had to spend the ENTIRE day writing papers only to go to class and find out i have to write 3 more. So im a little irritated at this point =/
Callidus
Personnally I thought it'd be a nice change of pace and would be fun *8-> (even though I'm a crappy puzzle solver *8->). Hope the papers go easy and calm down soon Gremish!
Shockwave_IIc
Gremish, don't feel too bad i know i'm one of the people that asked for the game.

When i read the post i had just gotten in from my nightshift, (Soon now to be leaving for my dayshift) and the first impression was that the character i had previously mentioned wouldn't fit to well into what you was wanting to run.

However, i had came back to mention that i had changed my mind and to ignore my previous post.

So yeah..

[EDIT]
The only question i have is that is inteding to be a one off or a campaign?
Sicarius
I remain in. Character is Ex-Mossad, and maybe an Ex-Ares company man, but I need to know if having ties to Ares will negatively impact where you are headed with the campaign.

Also, I'm not clear on the equipment concept. Should we purchase equipment as normal and just presume that our starting situation will likely make it unavailable to us. (along the lines of "damn, I really wish i brought my (fill in the blank), than i wouldn't be in this mess, but i left it at that locker in the train station.)

Or are you thinking it should be more of a clothing on your pack campaign, where character shouldn't start with anything they can't carry with them? (which would work fine for me, the character has a squatter's lifestyle anyway.)
HMHVV Hunter
I'm sticking to my no vote.

It's not that the character wouldn't fit (I don't even have a character idea yet), but it's that I don't relish the thought of being the NPCs' bitch as part and parcel of the game - like I said, I get that enough in my bi-weekly Requiem LARP.

Guess I'm the only one. Oh well - I'll just have to find another game.
Gremish
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter @ Nov 30 2006, 10:57 AM)
I'm sticking to my no vote.

It's not that the character wouldn't fit (I don't even have a character idea yet), but it's that I don't relish the thought of being the NPCs' bitch as part and parcel of the game - like I said, I get that enough in my bi-weekly Requiem LARP.

Guess I'm the only one.  Oh well - I'll just have to find another game.

The thing is HMHVV i dont plan on making you the NPC's Bitch =P Just a different sort of start is all. Me personally, i like playing and running games that are totally different from anything else i have done, i'm not out to screw players, but i do try to make it interesting for them. I run a live action role playing game myself, and i never screw over players, i been GMing since i was 12, and i have found no need to screw players... they tend to screw themselves enough with mistakes, so me saying "ha your fucked" is pointless and not fun to me at all.

And after my first night of over 4 hours of sleep this week i'm feeling pretty good =)
Gremish
QUOTE (Sicarius)
[ Spoiler ]

Ares connections are fine.

You can have any gear you want...jst dont expect to have access to it right away and expect it to be a little hard to find at first.

No need to make it squatter, being part of the high life (hell maybe your a celebraty) could make it easier to find out who you are and go form there, or it could make you a target... who knows?

Your going to start off with Armor on and nothing else... if you wanna buy Guns. ammo, nades, a car, ect then you can, but you have no clue where they are and same as above, it will all depend on YOUR actions as to whether you can find them.
Gremish
QUOTE (Konsaki)
I'll throw in my hat into the ring, though I need to think on the char concept some.

Q - What systems are you allowing for chargen? If you allow BeCKs, what point value are you requiring?

BeCKs is fine, the normal point spread (i think its like 400 but been a little while since i used it so i dont remeber =P )

As long as its in a book or you can give me the rules on it im good with it.

Also i MAY limit a few skills, especially apadt ones, that i feel are WAY overpowered for SR3, i have 3 guys who play Phys Adapts in my Tabletop Game and then have found every tweek there is to exploit with em =P i dont have a problem with power tuning but i do have a problem with say....

i touched my target, 6 hours later they pitch over dead.

=-P
Callidus
Sounds cool to me *8-> although I'm not really in any danger of having lots to find.... I'm pretty sure being a mystic adept I'm going to be a church mouse anyhoo *8->

Gremish do you want backgrounds/concepts/etc before any char gen or would you prefer it all at once? *8->
Sicarius
sounds like a perfect fit. I can have you a character sheet now, and background is underway (primarily 20 questions format if thats okay)
Shockwave_IIc
Gremish, just wanting to know if the concept i pm to you last week is still good.
Gremish
Sic, 20 questions is fine.

Shcok yeah that will work but re-send it cause i deleted it after i thought you werent playing so uh yeah i remeber most but not all =P
Fortune
Remember Gremish ... breathe deeply and count to ten ... biggrin.gif wink.gif
Grinder
And let the magic flow. biggrin.gif
Gremish
QUOTE (Fortune)
Remember Gremish ... breathe deeply and count to ten ... biggrin.gif wink.gif

wobble.gif spin.gif rotate.gif
Shockwave_IIc
PM'd you character background. Hope you like. No doubt there will be questions. biggrin.gif
Gremish
If anyone needs to email me anything please send it to haljordan12@yahoo.com
Shockwave_IIc
You have mail.
Konsaki
I've tried working out a character and backstory, but it has come to light that I might not have the time to give this game the right amount of care I would like to give. I'm alreay active in 5 other games, not all on this forum, and I'm now getting taxed in real life too.
I wish you all well in the game, but I am withdrawing.
Antihero
I have a concept almost done. You should have it in a couple of hours.
Antihero
My internet went down yesterday afternoon. I should have everything to you this evening.
Gremish
Alright guys get these in soon please =) id like to start playing wednesday!
Shockwave_IIc
Please tell me you have mine and your ok with it
Trigger
I just started on this forum and I would like to throw my hat in on this one, since it seems to be the only one starting at the moment. And it does sound like a interesting concept. So if you chummers don't mind, I would like to add my two nuyen to the team.

Character Concept:
Name: Holden McGregor
Alias: Trigger
Hair: Auburn Red
Eyes: Dark Green
Height: 1.8 Meters
Weight: 160 lbs (don't know kilos)

Holden is the son of an Irish Mafia lieutenant, Jack McGregor, but he only has light connections to the family himself. When his awakening happened his father saved up some money and sent him away from the Mafia to Boston to finish his schooling and attend MIT&T. There Holden received top notch thaumaturgy instruction and grew to control his magic. But in his third year his father was killed in a raid by Knight Errant and Holden returned to Detroit to attend the funeral. There he heard rumors of the Mafia assembling a team of runners to strike back against the police and Holden pulled all the connections he still had and forced his way onto the team. After that he was offered another job by one of the runners from his team, so he dropped out of school and started running professionally.

I don't know what you think of this concept, but I hope it works for you.
Antihero
Chorus is sent your way.
Gremish
OK ---

Anti - Char Check , Concept Check looks good =)
Shock - Check check
Trigger - Glad to have ya, Concept looks good get me a character sheet asap plz.
Call - Check Check
Sicar - Check Check

So right now i got 4 Ready to play 1 i need a character sheet form, IC will begin tommorow afternoon, good luck chummers the first post will be a brain beater =D
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Gremish)
good luck chummers the first post will be a brain beater =D

I'm dreading it, but in a good way.......
Callidus
Lol *8-> Should be fun *8->
Gremish
I appologize for the delay but the IC post will either be later tonight or int eh morning, school hit me a ltitle harder today then expected =)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012