Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hihglander TCG
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
James McMurray
I don't know if anyone here ever played the Highlander card game, but if you did, or you're a fan of Highlander, the game is being reenvisioned and rereleased by the creator. Check it out at www.highlandertcg.com.

There can be only one!
Hocus Pocus
classic movie
James McMurray
Oh yeah. And a really cool card game. smile.gif

Not that I'm excited about it and want people to know or anything... wink.gif
Hocus Pocus
is it like yugi oh?

TIME TO DULE!!!

"well done yugi boy, you black magician and his dark magic attack has take 500 attatck pts from me, but when i play moster reborn i can choose anym osnter from the gravyyard to the field and my trap card increases his attatck potns to 3 thousands"

"you fiend! you must belive in the heart of the cards!!!"
Fortune
I never got the chance to actually play it way back when, but almost all accounts said that it was a pretty decent game.
Digital Heroin
Yugi Oh makes me want to shoot children so that they don't end up running the world when I'm old...

And damn is tempting to buy one of them thar Master sets, just for the geek cred...

...I need to stop impulse buying in the $200-800 range... seriously... 's why I own a 360... and why I'm in perpetual debt as well...
James McMurray
I've never played YugiOh, but from what little I know they're nothing alike. Highlander is, in my opinion, the best card game system I've ever played.

It's an ongoing swordfight where you can go straight for the lopping off of heads, or you can go into hiding and send minions out to do your dirty work, o anything in between. It really captures the Hihghlander mythos well.
James McMurray
And no, I'm not being paid for any of this. smile.gif
Lovesmasher
QUOTE (James McMurray)
I've never played YugiOh, but from what little I know they're nothing alike. Highlander is, in my opinion, the best card game system I've ever played.

It's an ongoing swordfight where you can go straight for the lopping off of heads, or you can go into hiding and send minions out to do your dirty work, o anything in between. It really captures the Hihghlander mythos well.

Hehe, Mythos... Methos... hehe.
James McMurray
Methos in first edition was an excellent capture of the Methos Mythos. I don't know how they'll handle him in 2e, but so far the personas seem to be even more thematically correct then they were in 1e. smile.gif
Hocus Pocus
sending out minions? but isn't it supposed to be one on one combat?

ack dun libol i suppose you can fight on holy ground too hmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

I knew a guy who played yugi oh. I played it a few times with him at work. He was all serious and I was like "heart of the cards guide my hand!" and when he kill a monster of mine and took life points i recoiled in pain and staggered abit. The wose part is he was like 12 years older then anybody else he played at the shop. He beat up on little kids and was so pround of it when he won the tournament nyahnyah.gif

hey! how can you say that was the best card game? when you had the shadowrun card game? i have a whole stack of those things somewhere.

the best card game for me was magic the gathering. had fun irl but I got on the beta for the online one. Met a woman there that had a masochistic bent. HA-CHA! she made the experience alot more...profound wink.gif
James McMurray
Yeah, it's supposed to be one-on-one combat, but it's not like every immortal follows every rule. You can't fight on holy ground though. Holy ground typical puts a halt to the current combat exchange, avoiding all attacks and preventing counterattacks for that round.

I never played the SR card game, so I can't speak to it. I did play MtG for years, starting with Antiquities and finishing with Judegement/Armageddon. I loved the game and still do, but Highlander is a better system IMO.

Never played or watched Yugioh, but back in the day my FLGS had a lot of Pokemon tournaments. Oddly enough, the 40-something guy that ran them and interacted with all the kids constantly turned out to be a registered pedophile.

Never played with any masochist babes, but my wife playes L5R and Highlander. She's played MtG too, but not much.
Hocus Pocus
the got all the characters i suppose? with a little bio or something?

nah the guy i played the game with is just a big loser and not into kids...i don't think anyway...

good on ya that your wife plays with you and actually participates with your hobbies instead of destroys them. Sounds like a great gal, congrats smile.gif
James McMurray
There's no way they could create cards for all the personas. Basically you'll choose one persona to play as (or not have a specific one and be a generic immortal). Each set typically has 6 - 8 personas in it. The new release will be one season of the show or one movie per set.

Yeah, she's a great gal. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012