Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: quick run ideas
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Red Fox
hello all. I recently picked up the new SR4th edition game masters screen and have fallen in love with the quick run ideas section. for those of you who haven't checked it out, it's a collection of different style quick and easy runs. Its got a low level and high level instance for each type of run and there's over a dozen types listed. This little thing has quickly grown to be my favorite SR purchase of all time. the question is: is there another source of these quick and easy run ideas around? did the old 3rd edition GM screen have something similar but with different run ideas in it? I find myself quickly burning through this resource and would like to renew it.

thanks for the replies in advance
Turtleboy
Adam
The out of print book Sprawl Sites has a ton of them, plus a bunch of location archetypes and contacts. It's a first edition book, but should provide you with plenty of ideas -- and the ebook is only six bucks: http://shadowrunrpg.com/products/product.php?i=7103

Mr Johnson's Little Black Book, for Third Edition, also has a bunch of contacts, adventure ideas, and location archetypes, in a tone closer to SR4 than Sprawl Sites has, and it's still available in print: http://shadowrunrpg.com/products/product.php?i=25003
Red Fox
hey thanks chummer biggrin.gif
Eugene
In addition to Adam's most excellent suggestions, check out Blackjack's site right here on Dumpshock!
Butterblume
Woot, I actually own a first edition book? I didn't know. (or was Sprawl Sites, 'Asphaltdschungel' also available for 2nd edition?)
MYST1C
QUOTE (Butterblume)
Woot, I actually own a first edition book? I didn't know. (or was Sprawl Sites, 'Asphaltdschungel' also available for 2nd edition?)

AFAIK the original Sprawl Sites is a SR1 book (1990) but the German translation Asphaltdschungel was released for both SR1 and SR2 - it has a copyright for 1991 (SR1) and 1994 (SR2).
Butterblume
I guess I have the second one then wink.gif.

6 bucks for the ebook? Thats probably worth it. Some data would be outdated, but the maps and plothooks are still valid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012