Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MegaCon 2007
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Convention Information
Magus
Hey Chummers Roll Call for MegaCon '07. Whose gonna show?
warrior_allanon
when and where is it, and can you provide a link
Zolhex
I am planning on being there but as of right now there are no Shadowrun games on the schedule.

I emailed the game organizer but have not heard back yet.

http://www.megaconvention.com/ if you wish to check out the site.

Oh and when it is is the 16, 17, 18 of February which is really cool because my birthday is the 17.
Magus
QUOTE (Casazil)
I am planning on being there but as of right now there are no Shadowrun games on the schedule.

I emailed the game organizer but have not heard back yet.

http://www.megaconvention.com/ if you wish to check out the site.

Oh and when it is is the 16, 17, 18 of February which is really cool because my birthday is the 17.

Blatant Plug rotfl.gif
warrior_allanon
but its what i asked for because i had no clue as to where and when, this said, since its in OC i wont be able to get there. right now i can only get to cons in the southeast.
Magus
No not the location warrior allanon, Cas's reminder to me of his birthday. LOL biggrin.gif ork.gif
Zolhex
Hey now I was not tring to plug my birthday I just think it's cool that something I like to do is happening on my birthday.

By the way Magus what you gonna get me for my birthday? grinbig.gif
Codefox
My chummers and I will be there. smile.gif I only hope the gaming this year is more organized than last year.
Zolhex
well at this time this is the gaming schedule that they have posted.

http://www.warhorn.net/megacon2007/schedule/day.php

Sadly no Shadowrun on it at this time.
Zolhex
If anyone cares Dave Arneson will be a Megacon and is the man behind those who are running the games this year.

Which means for the most part games run by gamers for a better than last years running of the games or one would hope.

Oh and lots of game slots for Dave Arneson's Blackmoor go figure lol.
nezumi
For those who are wondering, this is in Florida, apparently in the Orlando area, from my understanding. Not that you'd know by checking the site...
Zolhex
Yes in Orlando, Florida at the Orange County Convention Center which if you ask them they boast at being the 2nd largest convention center in the USA.

It is my understanding that Megacon is somewhere in the top ten largest conventions in the USA as well.

But then again I have no way to know for sure as every convention out there of this size will claim they are larger than this convention or that convention makes for good public relations I guess.
RobertB
Since I live in Orlando, this is a real convenient con for me, but I'm disappointed with the lack of Missions events. If there's no Shadowrun, I won't bother going since there are family demands on my time too.

Robert (aka Spanner)
Archer6Echo
QUOTE (Casazil)
If anyone cares Dave Arneson will be a Megacon and is the man behind those who are running the games this year.

Which means for the most part games run by gamers for a better than last years running of the games or one would hope.

Oh and lots of game slots for Dave Arneson's Blackmoor go figure lol.

Casazil,

You know better then to tell people to go bothering Dave Arneson with this issue. sarcastic.gif

First off, Dave is currently only part owner of Zeitgeist Games, which of course is the company he used to publish Blackmoor (the very first D&D campaign), his creation. And although Blackmoor is the one getting the most publicity out of all the RPGs at MegaCon, does not mean that Dave is in involved in coordinating gaming at MegaCon.

Second, the one you all need to talk to is Dustin Clingman. He's partners with Dave at Zeitgeist's and is the one that the folks who run MegaCon have enlisted to coordinated table top RPGs at MegaCon for the second year in a row. He can be reached at..... dustin@zeitgeistgames.com

Chances are the reason why you haven't heard back from anyone is simple..... noone has stepped forward to volunteer to run Shadowrun at MegaCon. It's probably the same situation for Rifts, Champions, Mutants & Masterminds, etc.
Zolhex
I never said to anyone they should annoy Dave I only said he was one of the men behind the curtian so to speak.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012