Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You can play the Lone Wolf series by HTML for free
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Wounded Ronin
Apparently, the author of the legendary series of gamebooks, Lone Wolf, gave permission to fans to republish his out-of-print works. This means that you can now actually play this awesome game for free from the convienience of your computer!

The website where these books are hosted in convienient HTML format is http://www.projectaon.org/. Check it out; Lone Wolf really was an excellent series which I loved.
nezumi
At just a glance, these seem to be primarily fantasy. I can't tell a lot more about them without reading on. Is there a particular reason I should prefer these over other RPGs I might already play?
Draug
This isn't an RPG. This is an award-winning series of those adventure books.

Man, I played a couple of these as a kid. And here they're even in Spanish! Weee!

Awesome find, WR. biggrin.gif
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (nezumi)
At just a glance, these seem to be primarily fantasy. I can't tell a lot more about them without reading on. Is there a particular reason I should prefer these over other RPGs I might already play?

Well, for me the big attraction is that I can play them by myself sitting at a computer. They're very practical if you can't get a full scale RPG with friends going.
Draug
I really loved these books when I was a kid. Got in touch with them long before I did D&D. Probably one of the reasons I never really liked D&D too.

This is so much better. smile.gif
toturi
Holy shit! Even my boss played them (he was reading over my shoulder... "Don't use the Sommerswerd! Use the Dagger of Vashna!"). biggrin.gif You made my day, WR. (Except the part where I have to choose between Highway Warrior and LW, boo!)
Ancient History
Yeah, great stuff. They have a Lone Wolf RPG out nowadays too.
Bull
Nice. I have probably 6 or 8 of these kicking around, as well as one or two in the... Greylock(?) series, where you played a wizard of some kind. Very fun.

This HTML version is nifty, but I;d kill for an upgraded version that actually saved your character sheet, and you could just click to add stuff, and it'd keep track of your HP and stuff. Kind of like a Kingdom of Loathing style game. Would be kick ass smile.gif

Still, this rocks. Thanks for the link.

*edit* Oh, nifty, there's a little program there you can download to do some recordkeeping with. I'll have to check that out ork.gif

Bull
nezumi
Wow cool, great find. How long does it normally take to play through a game? (Since I can't save between sessions.)
hyzmarca
It is a book. all you have to do to save is write down your stats, equipment, and what page you were on or just remember them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012