Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nasty viruses.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Moto42 Again
I recently encountered a particularly mean-spirited bit of viral code and was wondering if anyone else had encountered this, or other odd/cruel creations of The Matrix.

I had come to a Starbucks in a crowded shopping district to conduct a brush contact with my Johnson. That sounded dirty...
Anyway, as I approched the outside menu someone began shouting nearby, followed by a scream of pain and surprise. I turned to see an ARO of a dirty, 'english peasant' pointing at a young woman and accusing her of, let's leave it at 'promiscuity'; his words were far harsher and colorful. A variety of similar AROs resolved into existance to form a small mob around her. They all shouted at her angrily; some pointed down the street demanding that she "confess [her] sins" as others threw rocks at her.
These were plainly digital entities, and the rocks were obviously not real, but she reacted with obvious pain as she tried to dodge them.
I'm not a hacker, but even I can use an off-the-shelf analysis program. The ARO's were originating from a program running on her comlink. I shoved my over to her, grabbed her comlink and yanked. A plug popped out of a jack behind her ear and the virtual mob fell silent and faded away, glaring at us both.

I think that's when I got infected. If you have either haptics or a SIM module those rocks HURT. I took my com to my hacker buddy (if you don't have one, buy one) for analysis and disinfection. The good news is, this program doesn't create new back doors on your system or send out the information it finds. The bad news is that the virus will look over your files to tailor it's accusations to your crimes and it will wait until the most public and humiliating moment it can before it activates to accuse you of them.
My Hacker Buddy ™ decompiled it, he said that running into a building that advertises itself as a church should allow you to escape the mob, as they are programmed not to enter such places. We didn't test this though, so that feature may not work as advertised.

What are your stories?

---------------
"Stoning Mob Virus"
Free-roaming Agent program
Pilot 2
Programs:Browse 1; Exploit 1; Stealth 2
Commands (un-alterable) Infect comlinks with haptics capability, analyse files within to identify user's sins, create a spectacle and punish him/her.
Abbandon
Thats the koolest shit i've ever read lol. But i think your on the wrong board...

Im no writer so im gonna skip trying to make that kick ass piece of fluff to go with my virus but your story did make me recall one of my most favorite memories in the world.

This virus is called "Tough Guy".

When you have been infected you will not notice a thing until someone is beating the crap out of you IRL or a security person is walking towards you. This nasty little virus reachs out and randomly finds other commlink nodes in the vicinity, usually only after it detects a minimum number. It then reads the basic public info on the comm like if the owner is male or female or their ethnicity. It uses this information to tailor its attacks. It spoofs/actually uses (i dont know crap about the matrix) your commcode and calls the other commlink. When the other person answers the virus starts insulting the person using the information it has found. If the person responds in any manner the virus picks out keywords that it uses to further taunt the individual.

After a short period of time talking with the virus the victom will usually make some kind of threat. This will trigger the virus to send your personal information to the person and tell them to make good on their threat if they can.

Before you know it you are being assaulted or reported and you dont even know why.

I dont know what it would be composed of. Browse, Spoof, Edit ??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012