Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aegis Security
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pendaric
Seemed the best place to put this:

Paul Liberwitz was not the top of his class. He wasn’t an academic powerhouse or a sports star. In fact he finished last of graduating class.
While his contemporaries left for top flight executive positions and research jobs he was left hanging with the dregs.
However, he had one advantage over the many in his position, he was Awakened, while he was not unique he was a rare commodity.
He chose to start his own company utilising his gifts specializing in corporate securities.
So was born Aegis Security.

Aegis Security specializes in private astral security and after a decade of business their client files boasts many wealthy individuals, a corps and a handful of AA corp contracts.

Staff
There are five members on the Awakened staff, three human sorcerers of which the CEO Paul Liberwitz is one and a Jason Schwartz an ex special effects wizard looking to settle down. One human full mage, Carl Forger is manager of Conjuring Division. The newest recruit to the conjuring department straight out of university, Lucy Reacher, an elven conjurer. All of them are Renewed Hermetics with the exception of Miss Reacher who has Unified Magical Theory leanings. None of them are initiates as yet.

The logistical staff is headed by Sarah Liberwitz, Paul’s wife, full partner and the company’s Finance manager.
Carl Forger is a junior partner in the firm, after three years running the conjuring department single-handed.

Aegis is heavy in demand as are all the private magical providers and so can set high competitive rates. All the partners are living at high lifestyle as are most of the mages, with the odd exception like Lucy Reacher, who are building up capital and is at medium.
All the mages are married and have families save Carl Forger who is divorced and Lucy Reacher who is single with long term boyfriend.

All the staff at Aegis, CEO to cleaning staff are average stats to their meta type.

Protocols
Aegis has many levels of security ranging from a single person ward to multiple mage wards with bound elemental guardians.
(Elementals’ force now range from 3 to 6)
None of the Aegis Awakened staff have combat training though most have permits for combat spells, much for the same reason as you would own a gun, none would willingly endanger themselves.
Only at the highest level portfolio does Aegis employ astrally present staff with elementals in tow to back up the on site defences. Carl Forger is unlikely to stand and fight however in astral combat.
Standard operating procedure if an employee senses a ward breach is to call their office who cross index to the security provider and any onsite security staff, then raise the alarm.

As a security firm Aegis has extensive files on their clients facilities physical layout and obviously their magical security.
Also they often go on site visits to ascertain the current integrity of the magical defences.
Pendaric
Bump
BishopMcQ
Pendaric--I see that you bumped this back up to the top.

What are you looking for from the community? There weren't any questions or guidelines in the first post.
Pendaric
Just leaving it as a resource for the community. I can add indivdual descriptions of the staff but generaly am leaving this open for easy insertion into an individual game and hopefully sparking a few ideas for runs.
cetiah
It worked for me. I read it. I liked it. Just had no comments.
Backgammon
QUOTE (Pendaric)
Just leaving it as a resource for the community. I can add indivdual descriptions of the staff but generaly am leaving this open for easy insertion into an individual game and hopefully sparking a few ideas for runs.

I suggest making a webpage then, rather than putting it on the forum and bumping it evey 2 days or so. Sometimes forums are not the right medium.
Pendaric
Was going to let it drop after this. Not every one has the coding skills as I for one work in a none computer enviroment.
eidolon
If you want I can make you a pdf that you can upload to a file storage site, and then you could just put a link in your sig. PM me your email if you're interested.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012