Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Costs for Drugs and BTLs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Eleazar
I was wondering how much exactly Drugs and BTLs cost. I can't find anywhere in SR4 or Runner Havens as to how much they cost. I am specifically wanting to know about Laes, Leal, Long Haul, and Psyche.

One last thing. What are the exact effects of Laes. In Runner Havens it tells you that Leal, the toned down version of Laes, which makes the victim lose all memory of the last hour and sleep for 10 mins. It is obvious by deduction that Laes would increase the amount amount of memory loss and sleep time over Leal. It would nice to know what exactly the effects would be. Is it twice as potent? 3 times as potent? 4 times as potent? Does anyone know?

One other question. Why the heck didn't they list the prices of Drugs and BTLs. At least some sort of guidelines, anything at all would have been nice. This leaves newer players like me in the dark.
Jaid
This may provide a starting point. try a search for more, if you like.

there's nothing official though.
Glayvin34
How about a list of BTLs with -shocker of shockers- game rules on what they acutally do. Does a Godchip give you damage reduction increase your Charisma or decrease your Charisma or apply modifiers to some acitons or is it just a role playing thing? I brought this up a few months ago and someone pointed me to the single sourcebook that has ever had a price for a BTL, and I can't even remember which one it was. It was an SR3 book, I think. My point is there have never been prices for BTLs.
HappyDaze
Check the SR4 book's equipment chart on page 321 under the 'Simsense' header. There you'll find this:
BTL Recordings 4F 20–200¥+
ShadowDragon
I recently started a thread on drugs and addiction. I priced out most of the drugs (where did you find "leas" and "leal"?), as well as gave a more crunchy and IMO practical ruleset for addiction.

I didn't want to give stats to BTLs because it's too easy to program them into "master" chips that don't run out. Because they don't really give any mechanical benefits (other than starting addiction giving BPs), they shouldn't cost very much.
Slump
leas is probably laes, the Tir drug that knocked you out and wiped 12-24 hours worth of memories (so you wake up and have no idea how you got back to where you were)
ludomastro
QUOTE (Slump)
leas is probably laes, the Tir drug that knocked you out and wiped 12-24 hours worth of memories (so you wake up and have no idea how you got back to where you were)

Didn't have a name for it back then (that I remember anyway) but our team woke up with a no weapons and lots of bruises that they didn't remember on the interstate south of Seatle in 2nd Ed.

Good stuff for a GM to mess with your head.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012