Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Project Infinity
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
gobogen
Thursday March 6, 2070, 13:30.
Supremo Pizza and Pasta, Downtown Seattle

"Hello, my friends. As you know I've brought you here today to tell you about your first job and to go over the introductions. Don't mind speaking openly here, the owner of this place, Carlo, is a good friend of mine, and what goes on in this private room stays here."

The aging Italian human you know as Sonic takes a sip of red wine before moving on. You notice that his right arm is likely cybered under his very expansive suit. This man definitely had his fair share of action back in the day.

"I'm the kind of guy that goes right down to business so here it is. I've received a call from a corporate johnson who has a datasteal job for you. You'll meet him tonight at the Matchsticks nightclub near the Space Needle, at 8 o’clock sharp. Ask for Mr. Johnson in boot #14 and you'll be let in. He's the one who will give you the details."

Again, Sonic takes the time to look at your reaction while drinking a bit more from his glass. At the same time, dishes of pasta arrive for everyone at the table.

"As you know, you are my first team of runners and this will be the first job that I have accepted as a fixer. So I'm counting on you five to do this well and give yourselves - as well as myself - a good name with this opportunity. I will be available if you need advice, but please contact me only if it’s for something of importance, I'm a busy man."

Not paying attention to the food in front of him, he continues. "Now is the time for introductions and also the time to figure out who would be a good leader for your team. Any team needs a decision-maker and it's up to you to pick one. I already know each one of you to some extent, but I'll let each one introduce himself."

With that, Sonic looks around the table to see who will speak up first, while enjoying the traditional American-Italian meatball spaghetti that he had ordered for everyone.
Redjack
Thursday March 6, 2070, 13:30. Supremo Pizza and Pasta, Downtown Seattle

The elven man looks at ease in the suit he wears as he approaches the table. Being the first, after Sonic, to sit he nods to his host as the others follow in. He is the epitome of a fey elf with his slender build, his youthful appearance, his platinum-colored long hair and his deep blue eyes. A closer look also betrays his upbringing: Manacured finger nails.

He listens as Sonic lays everything out, laying a napkin across his lap. He lifts the wine, breathing in the wine's aroma before taking a first, delicate taste. His actions, motions with the glass of wine are almost erotic almost teasing the wine. When Sonic calls for introductions, PartyTime speaks up:

"My name is Simon Vindicre, but you can call me PartyTime." Then, in response to a silent command a watcher-spirit materializes in the form of a sprite and flitters around the table for a moment, pixie dust appearing to fall from his gossamer wings. "I am magical support for the team." With that said, the watcher fades away. He finishes with a seductive smile almost as if this were a fine meal celebrating a grand occation and the team were old friends, "and I am happy to be here with you all today."
Syndicate_killer
Thursday March 6, 2070 13:32
Supremo Pizza and Pasta

Amok is already 3 fork fulls into his pasta by the time Simon finishes his introduction and slurps down the soda someone thought was appropriate to put into a wine glass for him before he begins speaking. Amok's hair is braided into several hanging braids in no real attempt to be fashionable yet, it seems appropriate considering the rest of his garmets. Amok sports the classical street wear, the type that isnt fashionable. Waving the fork slightly as he speaks. "I'm...uh Amok, and i'll be handleing your matrix needs." Amok puts another fork full of pasta in his mouth before continuing. "Chum this is great, do they do take out?...oh it'll probly be best if we all link and run our comm's through a nexus.." Amok points to himself "like moi here.....I'll be like the PAN handler." Amok begins to chuckle to himself at his joke.
SoyKaf Adict
Thursday March 6, 2070 13:34

Mulling over the spaghetti in front of him, chuckling at Amok's joke, Erik McKinney eyes everyone around him with a sort of quiet acknowledgment. "Name's Erik, chums back at the Wagon used to call me 'EatMe.'" Looking towards Sonic , he clears his throat and continues. "It's my duty to make sure those pesky bullet wounds get fixed up, I do cybernetic work for those of us who're wired as well..." He stops long enough to look at everyone with obvious cyberware first, and then skimming the rest. "I also like long walks on the beach." Adding his joke up on the shelf with Amok's, smiling slightly.
Cthulhu449
Esteban's fork bottomed out time and again in his pile of pasta, the clink and screech of steel on ceramic a familiar feasting chorus. Real food was always a luxury in the sprawl, and while he couldn't be sure this spaghetti was the real deal, sometimes just not being able to tell was good enough. He nodded his head to each person in turn as they introduced himself, mouth full of food, until it was his turn in line. Swallowing the food in his mouth and wiping his lips on a napkin with a broad sweep, he held his index finger up to ask for a moment before speaking up.

"Good to meet you all, I'm Esteban," he shook the hands of those near him and tapped his head in a small salute to those too far away to reach, "I hope if we work together we'll be on a first name basis, so 'Esteban' is fine."

He nodded and went on, "This food is great Senor Sonic, thank you." Then he was silent again, a rogue meatball demanding his undevided attention.
Trigger
Thursday March 5 2070 13:35

Holden swirls the wine glass in his hands as he listens to the older man called Sonic make his statement, giving them little details about the job without giving away too much, probably because he didn't know much more than he let on. He most likely knew who their Johnson was, but Holden didn't expect him to ever tell them who he was. And why should he? They were getting paid and that was all that mattered.

He watched as the elf at the table summoned a watcher and gloated with his magical power, showing off his skill as though they weren't sitting in a restaraunt surrounded by sleepers. The elf didn't know who could be watching, who could have just taken down his signature only to set him up for some crime later.

Holden took a couple of bites of the spaghetti, enjoying the taste of real italian food again, but it was nothing compared to what he had growing up a mafia kid. They knew italian food. And still it was not nearly as fulfilling and enjoyable as the taste of pure mana sustaining him. Holden would have much rather partaken of his ambient mana around him than the noodles and balled meat in front of him.

Holden gestures with his right hand as he finally speaks to everyone at the table, the ankh tattooed onto the back of his right hand showing from under the sleeve of his long brown coat. "My name is Holden and I find things. People, data, gear, whatever-I find it."
gobogen
Thursday March 6, 2070, 14:15

As his guests are enjoying their meal, Sonic focuses the conversation such that everyone gets more familiar with each other because he believes that it is essential for a starting team to know its strengths and weaknesses. The fixer also insists on the importance of appointing a leader for the team, adding with a slight Italian accent that "a shadowrunning team without a leader is as good as a chicken without a head."

After a bit of dicussion, it is decided that Holden would be taking the leadership position for now.

"Unless there is something else that we need to discuss, I think that I will leave you. I doubt that anything could go wrong at the meet tonight. Tab's on me and this room must be empty by 2:30. Good luck gentlemen. "
SoyKaf Adict
Thursday March 6, 3070 14:20

After eying Sonic all the way out the door, finally alone he relaxes. McKinney looks at everyone in the circle of the table, leaning up on to the table resting on his forearms.
"All right, can't say it's habit but I only trust people I'm working with. I said before, that I worked at the Wagon and obviously we worked in a group, I don't know about any of you, but there are a few things we're gonna have to work out, Chums."
He looks at Holden specifically before looking at the others. Shifting his weight and ultimately slouching back into his chair with a satisfied grin.
"Obviously, we've already moved past the group leader bit, you guys got SubVox? We're gonna need those."
Redjack
Thursday March 6, 3070 14:21; Supremo Pizza and Pasta, Downtown Seattle

Simon sits back for a moment listening as the others introduce themselves. What a gaggle we are: Hacker, medic, a second mage perhaps?.... Not sure about the Atlzaner though...

Whew.. I didn't really want to be team lead anyway. WAY to much responsibilty. Bet he won't have much time to paaarrrtay.

"Five hours to the meet? I have a few errands to run. I can give you all my LTG and we can meet up before the meet, if that sounds ok?"
Syndicate_killer
Thursday March 6, 14:22
Supremo Pizza and Pasta

Amok partially gulps down another mouthful of pasta to speak." Yeah if we can exchange links I can begin routing them. I wont mess with your presets or anything." Amok smiles and his body language becomes animated as he gets excited about an idea. "Whoa...chums, I just got a wiz idea...I got a bomb program I can uplink so if anyones tries to hack the PAN...BOOM!!! it'll be a nasty little suprise for sure."
Cthulhu449
"This thing barely has enough memory to run solitaire, but it sounds like a fine idea to me," Esteban said, flicking his commlink to accept inbound from the rest of the group's LTGs.
Trigger
Thursday March 6 2070, 14:23
Supremo Pizza and Pasta

"Just as long as the bomb does not destroy anything in my files," replied Holden as he accpeted the LTG numbers of the team and sent out his own. "Subvocal communication was a basic part of my last line of work and so was team work. Like you McKinney I was a part of a team and I learned to trust those I worked with more than any others. It is an integral part of being a team. I am willing to work with any of you to establish trust if need be, but don't expect me to be your best friend. So far this is just one run, but it could be more, so I am not opposed to working in depth with any of you."
Redjack
Thursday March 6 2070, 14:24; Supremo Pizza and Pasta

Listening to the conversation about friendships and the like, Simon holds back a smirk. Man I thought had issues. I should introduce them to the virtual shrink program. Think I'll talk to the hacker off-line about the coms though..

"You can't have been a clubber very long and not use sub-vocals.."

@Holden
[ Spoiler ]
Syndicate_killer
Thursday March 6 14:24
Supremo Pizza and Pasta

Amok reponds to the comment by Holden." No worries chummer, I'm going to interface the databomb program to the Input Organizer array sub routine and loop it from my PAN as the master unit to monitor, like a fail safe right? Then do a back hack from the array to the microprocessor..." Amok see's the looks of bewilderment or plain boredom and continues "Uh yeah....I'll just make it work...null sweat." Amok looks over Esteban's commlink from a distance "Chum, that things uh ....chum you need an upgrade, probly running on the stock Operating system it came with too I bet......you actually get reception with this?"
SoyKaf Adict
Thursday March 6, 2070 14:26

After fiddling with his comm a moment to send out his LTG and comm link address, he sits back, idly disinterested with the technobabble being presented. Looking at every person of the group as his mind wandered with details.

Hmmm... Team work, Holden, not involved with running or the Wagon that was for sure, maybe he was some corporate wage slave before this, wow... Look at me talking, I was one too. Amok, a dime-a-dozen hacker, more of them than Cockroaches in Seattle it'd seem. Esteban, kid's probably seeing his first action this run... Gonna have to keep my eye on him, make sure he stays alive long enough to see his balls drop. PartyTime... Who gets a nickname like PartyTime anyway? fraggin' Elves.

He shakes his head like a mother disapointed with their child at his last thought. As PartyTime comments on his being a clubber, he tunes back into the conversations going on. Watching Esteban hold the 2 nuyen drekheap comm, he knew he was gonna need some looking after, but then again...

I could always teach him the tricks of the trade, it would be kind of a tribute...

He trails off, a stray glance goes down to where his concealed holster is on his chest, covered by the jacket of his dinner attire. Assuming karma didn't already have the kid in it's crosshairs.
Cthulhu449
Thursday March 6, 2070 14:28

"Nah, this," Esteban said gesturing to his commlink, "this is all I'll ever need. Did I ever t...well, of course I never told you," he laughed a bit at himself, "I remember slapping together some traceivers - the bare bones things, no operating systems or such, because we didn't have the parts at the time - and all the damn thing could do was transmit some chirps and squeaks. Cap knew some sort of code they used to use at the turn of the century, so no problem." Esteban shrugged his shoulders.

"Anyway, it was damn useful. So we're 3 klicks out of Zone Lagos - I can't tell you where that is or I'd have to kill you as they put it," he chuckled and looked around to see if anyone else got the joke. Whether they did or not, he wasn't about to be stopped in mid story. Twirling and stabbing his fork in the air to accentuate his points, he continued.

"And three klicks out we're sitting there waiting on some Azzie supplies that are supposed to roll through, but they're late. So we send some of these beeps back to our cover and recover team waiting to take the supplies and ask if they have any idea what's going on because, well you know, if things don't go e'zactly as you 'spect you s'posed to bug out." His spanish accent became more pronounced as he got deeper into the tale.

"So, they send back what they hear on the radio - oh, I forgot to mention the cover and recover team was monitoring azzie comms; we had their codes at that time. So we get the answer back and the convoy has pulled up short because the Azzie CommInt officer in the group has been picking up some intermittent beeps and squeaks on his 'link. The whole time we're holding up the show because of our prehistoric transceivers! Anyway, we go silent and finally the strike goes off without a hitch, but man, I guess it pays to be a history buff, or at least it would have for those Azzies. But the moral is, don' be hating on the low tech, man."

Esteban took a swig of his drink. "I have to say, it's nice being able to tell that story and not have an Aguilar rain hell on the bar you're drinking in just because you forgot to check for bugs. I kid, that never happened of course, but it is a nice thing. Hey, do any of you follow Urban Brawl?" He asked, changing the subject abruptly before descending into a long private conversation about the state of the North American leagues.
Trigger
Thursday March 6 2070, 14:29

Holden reads over the last message from PartyTime and files the series away into the memory of his comm as the little clock in the upper right corner of his vision flcikers. He cracks his knuckles to draw attention away from the tale Esteban is weaving and to himself.

"It is nearly 2:30 and the room is no longer going to be at our disposal. May I suggest that we take the meeting somwhere else? I have a doss in northern Tacoma not too far from here that will be able to accomodate us all." Holden suggests to the table as he pushes his own chair back from the table and rises to his feet. He collects himself and straightens his coat, adjusts the long locks of black hair with burgundy highlights in front of his eyes, and pulls a pair of shades from a pocket inside his coat. "Let us decide where we are headed quickly, as I do not want to intrude on Sonic's kindness."
Redjack
Thursday March 6 2070, 14:29; Supremo Pizza and Pasta, Downtown Seattle

Noticing the time after having spent several minutes getting to know his teammate Holden better over coms and hearing the current dialog, Partytime gets up from the table. "I'm game, your doss is as good as any chummer. Who has wheels?"
Syndicate_killer
Thursday March 6, 14:29
Supremo Pizza and Pasta

Amok speaks up at the question."I'm mostly public transportation these days." Attempting a smile at Esteban, Amok sheepishly speaks "I meant nothing by it.....I can jazz it up if you like. It'll be the same thing as putting a new engine in your favorite car...one with super charging and kickass....well...I dont know cars but, some fast stuff. I can boost performance by switching...." Amok stops himself before he begins more of his techno-babble.
Cthulhu449
Thursday March 6, 14:30
Supremo Pizza and Pasta

Esteban shook his head at Amok, smiling, "Oh, don't worry about it man, I appreciate it, I'm just kidding around with you. When we get to Holden's place I'll throw it your way - I know a little about electronics myself, I'll be interested to see."

He looked over at PartyTime, "Yeah, I've got wheels. I'll stop off and grab us something to drink on the way - it isn't 'party time' without some drinks, no?" Rising from the table he gave Amok a strong pat on the back of his shoulder to clear up any hard feelings and grabbed the address from Holden.

"I hope you have a trid'" he said, "the finals are on; Mitsuhama Warriors vs. Ares-St. Louis Patriots, don't wanna miss that. Anyone who needs a ride can jump on the back of my bike if they want."

With the invitation out there, Esteban headed out the door and hopped on his bike (with or sans passenger) and throttled out into the streets.
gobogen
Thursday March 6, 14:30
Supremo Pizza and Pasta

On his way out Esteban crosses a short, chubby Italian man in his late 40s, who was about to enter the room.

"Imma so sorry, gentlemen. I thought the room woulda be empty. Iffa you choose to stay here longer, it isa my pleasure", the man says with a thick Italian accent.

He then stands right outside the room passively to see if you leave or stay.
Redjack
Thursday March 6, 14:30 Supremo Pizza and Pasta

PartyTime follows Estaban out the door, "That it isn't!" He accepts the offer for the ride and jumps on back.
Trigger
Thursday March 6th 2070
Supremo Pizza and Pasta

"I also have wheels if needed, I can take two more in my car,"Holden added as he too started from the meeting room towards the parking lot and his own Honda Spirit.
Syndicate_killer
Thursday March 6,
Supremo Pizza and Pasta

Amok stuffs two breadsticks from the table into his mouth and a small handful that was left in the baskets on the table into his longcoat pocket before exiting. "Yeah....I need a ride. I mostly use the mass transit...it's a wonderful system, although it has a few problem areas...things like having to jump to other lines, and crowds....chum, I heard of the unwashed masses but, wheeeewww. It's like a melting pot of bad cheeses, beer and onions....i never seen or smelled a real onion before but, VR is pretty much on. So, I've been told." Amok keeps chatting away as he follows Holden out.
gobogen
Thursday March 6
Downtown Seattle

It's cold and sad in Seattle today. What can be seen of the sky in downtown is fully covered, and the evening will be snowy if the forecasts are accurate. And the forecasts always are when it's about snow or rain or anything miserable.

Wageslaves and punks alike are walking by with the same air of desperation. It's business as usual for the anonymous masses and no one seems to have anything to look up to, especially not spring which gives no sign of getting closer.

A very tall woman in her 30s is walking by not far from you. She slows down and looks intently at each one of you as she progresses on the sidewalk. She is wearing a black and white mini-skirt and a white puffy winter jacket which lets her pretty legs uncovered and probably freezing. Her hair is very short and electric blue and she has no tattoos or piercings on a rather ordinary face. She blows a kiss in the air and winks in your direction when she passes nearby.
Trigger
Thursday March 6 2070
Outside Supremo Pizza and Pasta, Downtown Seattle

Holden steps out of the restaraunt, the brisk early spring air nipping at his extremities, but held away from his core by the extra layering woven into his jacket to keep the elements out. He pulls a pack of cigarettes from one of the inner pockets of his coat and lights it with a flick of mana from his fingertips, the cigarette igniting almost instantly. He leads Amok and whoever else needed a ride to his dark green Honda Spirit, a little electric three wheel car with two main seats and enough room behind them to hold someone else. Holden taps a button on his comm to unlock the car and says to the others over his shoulder, "Sorry if it is a little cramped."

Thursday March 6 2070
Noir Shoes, Northern Tacoma District

Holden pulls his tiny Spirit into the side parking lot of a ten story rise in northern Tacoma. It is located just off the main roads and doesn't stand out when compared to the other buildings around the area. He leads the group to the front door, tapping a code into his comm again to unlock the main lobby door, identifying himself as a resident. The lobby is bare except for a few run down couches and a number of plaques on the west wall. The plaques advertise the various offices and businesses located in the building, from Equilibrium's Magical Oddities, Crazy Dan's Coin Collecting, and Paper Street Soap Company to the Noir Shoes: Private Detective. Holden takes the elevator to the third floor , exiting right into the hallway and stopping at the second door on the right. The sign next to the proclaims 'Noir Shoes: Private Detective' and Holden unlocks it as well and welcomes everyone inside.

The inside of the room is straight out of a old detective trid, dark interior, old wooden desk, coat rack with a duster one of its hooks and a wide brimmed hat on top. Old style filing cabinets are on one of the walls and a couch sits against the other. A ceiling fan spins lazily from the roof, though it doesn't seem to affect the temperature at all. There is another door out of the room inbetween the filing cabinets and there a large windows looking out onto the streets below behind the desk. There is a floor to ceiling bookcase behind the desk and off against one of the walls as well, filled most of the way with books on forensics, genetics, security systems, map books, books of tactics and a smattering of old detective novels.

Holden crosses the room and sits lazily on the edge of his desk as everyone enters the room. "Welcome to the Noir Shoes."
SoyKaf Adict
Thursday March 6 2070

McKinney follows the rest out, he would've commented on his Honda Spirit having seats as well, but everyone had rushed out of the room quickly, so he got up and filed behind them nodding with a smile to the owner of the establishment. He stepped out the door and immediately regretted existence, looking about in both directions he tried to cut the quickest path through the sea pedestrians moving as quickly as legs of ice would carry them home or wherever they were going. He notices the blue-haired woman, notices she's tall, notices she's cold, notices she's interested. Older may not have been his type, but he sure wasn't getting any farther with the Sausage Fest 2070 runnin' in the group he was now apart of, in that respect. He quirks an eyebrow as if to single out he's interested, and as she passes, he comments as he lets a stray glance look slowly down her legs.

"Now that is the nicest skirt I've ever seen, a little cold out to be wearin' it don't ya think?"

He smiles coyly as he makes a gesture offering a ride in his black Honda Spirit, and as he awaits her reply, he pulls up a chat window behind his eyes sent to Holden's Comm shortly moving a hand behind his back as if to also look like a gentleman, but to hide the movements of his hand over the non-existent keypad saying over much trial and error finding the keys...

<Busy, b there l8r.>
Redjack
Thursday March 6, Downtown Seattle
Simon aka PartyTime

Like the rest of the team, Simon notices the woman. Unlike most of the team he walks close enough to almost feel her body heat as he passes. He smiles and winks as he passes, not saying a word, rather letting the silent inuendoes serve instead.

Truth be told she was a little old for his taste, but he always gave points for the whole package - including animal magnitism. In the end though, she's a working girl and he's getting ready to work himself. Besides, its far more fun when there's a little chase involved and definitely more satisfying when earned rather than purchased.

After getting on to the back of Estaban's bike he holds on.
gobogen
Thursday March 6, Downtown Seattle

"Thanks, handsome. Glad you like it." The woman follows McKinney and gladly sits in his car, trembling a little. "That's a nice ride you got. We're going to your place?" She carresses his right shoulder and arm, and puts her head on his shoulder as he starts the car.
Syndicate_killer
Thursday March 6
Noir Shoes

Amok walks into the office "Chum, you slotting some Black and White era AR Sim program? It must not be working right...i've got no feed, you could have saved a bundle just AR mod'ing instead of an actual texture based enviroment." Amok stands there with a look of complete contemplation as to what's up here.
SoyKaf Adict
Thursday March 6
Downtown Seattle Streets, McKinney's car

"Thanks, wouldn't have it any other way darlin'."

McKinney always liked the easy ones, there was a lot less hassle, a lot less emotions, and it skipped a lot of steps towards the gratification part. As they drove towards his place, the obvious question arose.

"Gotta admit I'm no rich man, but I'm willing to put some money down for ya, how much it gonna cost me? Or are you not a workin' girl and this is true love?

He smiled at her. Waiting for her reply he thought quickly to himself, smug in his foresight of the night's future posibilities.

I always did prefer the real thing to those blasted BTLs, plus this is something I can control... Usually.
gobogen
Thursday March 6

The girl with blue hair was making herself confortable. She was very agreeable, it seemed.
"It's true love, baby. True love at nuyen.gif 40 an hour, nuyen.gif 150 for a whole night, more for any extras, and those must be paid in advance of course.

You know, I have to admit that you're by far the cutest man I know. What should I be calling you, handsome?"
SoyKaf Adict
Thursday March 6

He chuckled at her comment.

"Name's Erik, cute man extraordinaire. If it weren't for some business I have to attend to later, I'd spend myself broke on ya', so I can put at least
80 nuyen down for true love."

Thursday, March 6
"Touristville", Redmond District.

When they get to his apartment in Redmond, he takes a few seconds to transfer the cred from his comm to hers, and then shows her inside.
gobogen
Thursday, March 6

McKinney's comm receives an automatic response from a third party, indicating that she is under a pimp's protection. With the transaction concluded, he was free to do as he pleased with her - as long as she doesn't get bruised in the process - for another 120 minutes.

The woman smiles when the response is received, and she comes in the apartment to take off her puffy coat. It revealed an even scantier top then her black and white skirt was. The top which is more like a bra, is assorted to the skirt and reveals a moderate cleavage. With that, it becomes obvious, however, that the woman might actually be even older than one would have thought at first, but by looking at the right areas, she could be all right.

"Tell me what you want, sexy..."

Cthulhu449
Esteban made a quick stop at the Stuffer Shack liquor store with his passenger, grabbing a 12 of some real beer - not that soy junk - and a fifth of decent scotch, "to celebrate when we finish this run" he told PartyTime with a smile. He wrapped everything up and drove to the apartment, rang up, and entered, dropping the purchases on a nearby table.

"Did we miss anything?" Esteban asked.
Redjack
Thursday March 6; Stuffer Shack, Downtown Seattle
Simon aka PartyTime; PAN = hidden

Simon follows Esteban into the stuffer shack watching his companions choices. He selects a numer of pint bottles {vodka, tequila, rum, gin, triple sec} and a cola. "We've gotta have tea time before the run." Looking at the clerk, "You got any crumpets?"

The clerk's look of, Huh? answered the question without a further word.

In response to Esteban's question, Simon grabs a bag of pretzels and says, "Only the girls. We'll have to hit the clubs for that though."
Syndicate_killer
Thursday March 6
Noir Shoes

Amok goes around checking out the place. Chum....he spent a small fortune on this place...for this price he could had a custom AR enviroment, that was Tech-Wiz and State Of The 'Mo-Freaking' Art.
Redjack
Thursday March 6; Noir Shoes
Simon aka PartyTime; PAN = hidden

When Simon and Esteban arrive at Holden's apartment, Simon fixes everyone a long island ice tea and offers a toast, "To a successful run and a safe, prosperous conclusion for us all."

He has only one drink while waiting and spends the remaining time watching the trid with everyone else until time to go.
Trigger
Thursday March 6; Noir Shoes
Holden Farrar; PAN = Passive

Holden welcomes the last of the group, with the exception of McKinney and his joygirl, into his home and place of business. He smiles widely at the refreshments that Simon and Esteban brought with them, cracking open a brew for himself and giving them a tour of the place. Despite the old-school appearance it has all the technical luxuries expect of a middle class dwelling, including a large holo-trid and built in virtual surround sound.
Syndicate_killer
Thursday March 6
Noir Shoes

Amok sits down close to the Trideo. "Hey you get all the premium channels?...probly paid to much. If you switch to basic I can spoof the main line into getting all the channels...I mean all the channels, even the......" Amok stops mid sentence as he attempts to not appear as juvenile as possible.
Cthulhu449
After the brief getting to know you at the flat, Esteban checked the time and realized if he wanted to get to the meet early he'd best stop drinking and start driving. Fortunately he hadn't yet done much of the former - the rest was for a successful 'run - and so he jumped on his bike and headed to the location their fixer had given them intending to arrive about 15 minutes early.
Redjack
Partytime calls to Esteban as he heads out towards the meet, "Mind if I catch a ride there with you?"
Cthulhu449
"No problemo"
SoyKaf Adict
Thursday March 6, 2070

McKinney always hated BTLs, WAY too easy to get addicted to those. Perfect sex was reserved for those that could practice it, he was comfortable with "real" sex with a "real" lady. As the blue-haired girl was putting on her clothes he checked the time and jumped up, semi-startling her. He grabbed his commlink and messaged Holden.

<[EatMe] Hey, sorry kid, got caught up in the moment, you all still at the apartment or on the way to the Meet?>

He looked at the joygirl, once he was focused out of AR.

"Hey, that was great but you need to get your nice tush outta here, got business needs doin' and I need to be gettin' on my way."

As he spoke he walked around gathering up his clothes, except his boxers which he put on, throwing it all in a hamper next to his bathroom. When she was on her way out, he went to his closet sliding around clothes hung up across the bar, he found his urban explorer jumpsuit and donned it. Fit like a glove... An uncomfortable glove, maybe he shouldn't have eaten at the Shack so much. He strapped on his concealable holster and set the Skorpion in it's place, grabbing a satchel from his wardrobe he filled it with an assortment of grenades, all three of his medical kits, and some patches for general care. He grabbed his sub-vocal microphone, placing it on his neck as he walked out the door, locking it. Shouldering the satchel for the best position, he walked down the stairs to where his car was parked throwing the satchel in the back. As he drove off towards the Meet, he used one gloved hand to access directions.
gobogen
Thursday March 6; 20:00
Matchstick's; Downtown Seattle

It's almost 8 o'clock, time of the meeting with Mr. Johnson. You are a bit nervous but you don't let it show of course. After relaxing with your teammates this afternoon, you made it here, in this smoky joint, right in the heart of Seattle.

At the entrance, after being asked to state your business, you are let into a service room where you are asked for weapons, which will be returned to you on your way out. Walking in, you see nothing special other than a dark, private club filled with its members sitting at tables. Most of them are smoking, others are drinking as well. You hear smooth jazz music played on a small stage in the center of the large main room. Not a very exciting place, really, but the atmosphere is intimate and soothing.

You're shown to a side room especially designed for meetings like the one you are having. Inside the room, the music cannot be heard anymore, not even in the background. You suppose -rightly so - that the room is protected as much from electronic and magical intrustions as it is isolated to sound. It must be costly to reserve a room like this, and you rejoice as this means that your employer is probably going to pay you well.

A man is sitting at one end of a long board room table, and he is facing you as you enter. He's a middle aged, ordinary looking human, wearing an impeccable suit in which he seems to feel comfortable. His hands are crossed in front of him and a suitcase is set on the table close to him - the stereotypical business man. He is accompanied by a professional - and armed - orc bodyguard, standing in a corner behind him. You supppose that this is standard, or that perhaps he has special privileges that allow him to bear weapons inside this place.

The man waits for everyone to be there before talking.

Hi, my name is Mr. Johnson. Thank you for coming here tonight. As you probably know, I'm looking for a team to conduct a special operation over the next few days.

It will consist in stealing - copying - a file from the system of a light security, research facility. I have detailed information for you regarding exactly what I am looking for and the location where to find it. No damage is to be incurred to the facility or its personnel and it is preferable that you be undiscovered during your operation.

The pay would be 40k for your team, which makes 8k a piece, with half upfront and half when you can give me the file I request. If you come accross additional information that is also of interest to me, we can deal for a bonus.

Before I give you any details, I'd like to know if you want in or out. Sonic has told me that I could count on you to deliver and I'm hoping he's right. What do you say?
Redjack
Thursday March 6, 2070; 20:00 PST; Matchstick's; Downtown Seattle
Simon aka PartyTime; PAN=hidden [LTG]; SIN=Simon Vindicre (Not Broadcast)

As they finally have the club entrance in sight, Simon subdues his nervousness and keeps his outwards demeanor cool. One give away to his supression of his nerves is he is a little more reserved, a little quieter along the drive and as the walk towards the club.

At the entrance where they perform the weapons check Simon begins to feel around for his weapons and finally looks the checker in the face, "I must have forgotten them today...." before stepping in. He does manage to contain the big grin until after he's in the club though..

After listening to Mr Johnson's proposal, Now in the trids, this is the point where the team's face begins to haggle with the Johnson about how tough the job will be and the fact that nothing ever goes as smoothly as it seems at the onset. Looking around the room at the ugly mugs of his team mates he wonders if we're not short a face..?
SoyKaf Adict
Thursday March 6, 2070
Matchstick's, Downtown Seattle.

Once inside McKinney settles down, passing off his Skorpion not so lightly, but tricking the establishment would be a waste of time, hell, they were only talking. He carries his helmet under his arm, the armor he has on a dully shining black as they pass the lowly lit areas. He settles into a resting position against the wall, keeping his mind trained on the Ork a little more than the conversation. He picks up the basic and most important points.

This wageslave bizwiz lays it out like it was a fish at market. The guy seems like he knew what he's talkin' 'bout, and 8k goes a long way for my money shortage, who am I to argue?

"I'm in, 8k seems reasonable enough for some snatch and grab, or in this case, 'copy.'" Before stopping for everyone else to say their piece, he added, "Back at the Wagon we usually had some small intel of what we're going up against... And I sure as hell don't want to be geekin' civies. What's the securities get-up look like exactly?"
gobogen
Thursday March 6, 2070; 20:00; Matchstick's; Downtown Seattle.

"I'll give all the details when you've all told me that you're in. For now, I can tell you that the security level is pretty average, and that you're lucky enough that Saturday is one of the rare days off for the corp you'll be stealing from. If you do your job right, there should be no casulties - and I sure hope there won't be any."

Mr. Johnson sure seems to be honest on that last point when answering McKinney's question.
Redjack
Thursday March 6, 2070; 20:00; Matchstick's; Downtown Seattle.

This is my chance. My shot at shadowrunning.. Eight thousand.. That sounds like a good offer for my first job..
Looking around the room and then back at Mr Johnson, Simon replies, "I'm in."
Cthulhu449
"Seems pretty cut and dry so far, I'm in," Esteban said, nodding his head.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012