Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back to the Future
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
SinN
Hood to Floren:
Thanks. Gotta stay sharp out here, as you say.

To Holder:
Are you alright? You need to keep your eye out for these things, Micheal. Next time, I might not be such a good shot.

Shit, that was close. I better stay awake just incase there's more....What am I saying? Of course theres more. Theres always more......I wonder if Dr. Patrick saw that? wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Dr Patrick seems impressed biggrin.gif
Callidus
The night was dark.... even the lowlight mods didn't stop that just pushed back the darkness a way, that and the tiredness of another "night" of pseudo-sleep in the baking heat of the outback day. Then the quiet and darkness was shattered by a close by hiss and the crack of gunfire almost at the same time and it was over before Michael even registered that there was a problem.

What the hell.... what was.... oh no a snake.... going to strike? I missed it there's no way I'll survive it's poison.... unless.... detox.... how do I cast it again.... where's the formula.... I know it.... where.... but.... wait.... it hasn't struck? why not? The gunfire? Yes.... yes.... Hood shot it.... but what about the next step?

And his body froze in place.

Excellent shot. I'd only seen it as you drew. Excellent shot. I'd only seen it as you drew. Good shot.

A brown snake? Awakened? But.... but.... I don't think I'd even get a chance to cast against that.... how can I continue....

You'll continue because you have to

What? wh...who are you.... a spell? WHO'S IN MY HEAD

Relax, I'm you.... well another part of you and no you're not going crazy. Everyone's mind switches around a lot depending on situation.... Rational, Irrational, Brave, Fearful, Stupid.... Lustful.... normally those of us who aren't in charge sit back and stay silent but right now you need some Rational advice and Irrational up there isn't helping much.

Wait.... what? So who the hell are you? My insane side?

No I'm your Rational side, as you might have gathered if you slowed down, you're quite irrational at the moment and also fearful.... Understandable.... but right now you need to be calm, continue and lead the others. Now isn't the time to have a panic attack like you were having.

Are you alright? You need to keep your eye out for these things, Micheal. Next time, I might not be such a good shot.

Okay, now put your foot down before they start thinking you're completely frozen in fear

And his foot completely it's frozen step to the ground....

Good.... now calm down because you're going to have to reply soon.... goood....

I.... I'm okay.... th...thank you Hood I hadn't even seen it. Good reactions on you I see and he laughs quietly and nervously Guess I'd better keep more of an eye out on the ground while we continue.... shall we?

Good you're nearly back to your normal self.... and to think I was starting to think we had a problem with danger there....
fistandantilus4.0
After taking in Dr Holder's reaction, Dr Patrick walks by him for a while, talking quietly. She doesn't really say much, and he doesn't really hear much of it. Mostly just small tlk to keep his mind off of what happened.

Michaels and Floren watch Holder to, but seem to decide he can handle himself after a few hundred yards, and begin paying more attention to their surroundings.
In a place like the Outback, there's really no telling if a noise like a gun shot is going to attract or deter predators.

The rest of the walk for Dr Holder is rather tense. At some point he becomes aware that Dr Patrick is acutally walking behind him rubbing hs shoulders, and Dr Michaels is pulling hte sled.

PatrickJust relax, we're almost done for today. See there? The sun is starting to lighten the horizon. Just another hour or two, then we'll get some rest.

You know, when I was in the Sahara a few years ago on a dig, our camp was attacked in the night by some raiders. The rode into the camp firing old rifles and setting things on fire. The guides said they didn't want us to be there. It was terrifying. But we got through it, and found some amazing artifacts...

Patrick continues to talk, her voice calming him somewhat. The massage helps.

So close to death....

fistandantilus4.0
Your luck seems to hold over the next few days. Any normal range predators are discouraged before they get to close by Alexander. The water is sufficent, although plenty warm by now. The biggest problem seems to be simple exhaustion. Walking for days with little real sleep, warm water, and rations takes it's toll.

Three days after the snake attack, you've covered roughly 100 miles from the camp where the sandstorm hit. But now you're concern is less for the distance traveled, and finding another source of water. You've been lucky so far finding a few small watering holes, which has gotten you this far. Time to send out the elemental again.

The journey so far has been more tiring mentally. All around you is wilderness. Wild animals seem to care enough about your presence only to be suspicious. It's almost disconcernting that they don't seem to be afraid of you. The number of indentifiable poisonous snakes and spiders so far hasn't been quite as alarming as the number that you could not idnetify. Even Dr Floren, who is apparently quite knowledgeable about such things, has ssen many types of snakes that he doesn't recognize. Unknown snakes mean no anti-venin. Luckily no ones "discovered" an awakened funnel spider yet.

SinN
Summon the first earth spirit.

Hello again spirit. This will be the last task I ask you to do. I need you to, once again, find the nearest Oaisis, or some form of drinkable water, and the safest roughte to it. After this, you are free, and as i said, I will not try to bind you again, as we agreed. Thank you again for your help. So if you would, Please do as I have asked.

To Alexander:
Thank you again My friend. You are doing well in what I have asked. Please continue to do so.
fistandantilus4.0
Spirit Search power for Hood
[ Spoiler ]

The spirit reports success and begins leading the group towards water. After walking for another 7 kilometers, you reach a watering hole. It's appx 50 feet across, nestled away in a small rock canyon protecting it from the suns worst. It's in good shape, with actual GREEN scrub grass and reeds growing thick around it. Plenty of animal tracks show this to be a commonly used watering hole.
Callidus
Over the course of the following hours, Dr. Patrick's words flowed over Michael's mind slowly eroding the numb wall and bringing him solidly back to the present.

And laying a gentle hand on her shoulder Thank you Elza, that helped more than you'd know. Guess all the practice, drills and dig sites with lots of guard around really doesn't prepare you at all for the real thing.

------

As the search for water has the group following Hood's spirit and bore fruit in a large watering hole....

Well that's a sizeable water source.... looks to be regularly used too.... and that suggests.... frak it.... predators....

Looks like you're getting on better with the spirits here Hood. and smiling he continues A good big watering hole, looks well used too so I'd guess it's safe....r to drink. Glad we've got the water purifiers though.... Any idea if there's likely to be predators in there though? Unfortunately I don't really have any way of telling other than waving an arm about, but I'm pretty sure that would be a bad idea.
fistandantilus4.0
Floren: Crocs, afancs, and snakes would be the biggest worry. We also won't want to sleep here. Other predators will come here in the evening and early morning, looking for prey doing the same.

Roll Outdoors (G)/tracking SinN
SinN
Outdoors skill-4
Logic-6

Ill make two rolls, one with logic and one without, cause i cant remember if i roll it with logic or just striaght outdoors.
First roll:
Second roll:

To Micheal:
I can only hope, Mike my friend. I can only hope. It would be quite an honor if a spirit from the outback took a liking to me. But I guess I cant take all the credit. An old friend once told me that you should always keep your word to a spirit. Becuase you will never know what they're capable of. I geuss that goes double out here.

I guess I should have considered that with O'Malley. I wonder what mischief he's up to now a days?
fistandantilus4.0
There are indeed tracks indictive of very large crocodile-ish feet, and areas where they have laid out. Likely afanc. Plural. You don't see any at the moment, but they can stay under water for a good amount of time. At a guess, you'd say a mated pair.
Callidus
Michael's expression goes a little far away as though his reading a book in front of him that no-one else can see and occasionally nodding to himself.

Hmmm.... predator's and little way to spot them as they are ambushers.... wish I had learnt that Detect Life spell.... wait a minute.... technical drawings and presentations.... realistic models.... why not an illusion of a prey creature? Say that might just work....

And then his focus snaps back to the group as he speaks.

I'm not certain if it'll work right, or that it's a good way of spotting anything in the water as they might not go for it, but I should be able to create a decent illusion of a prey creature or three and wander them over to have a drink.... although I'm not sure what would be normal around here, I'd guess cows aren't one of them....
fistandantilus4.0
Floren: Not a bad idea, except if we want to draw them out, we'll need to put some ripples in the water. Although are you sure drawing out crocs is what we want to do? There might be a way to get tot he water without having to go at it with some afanc.

Michaels We have three capable mages here. We should be able to do it. But that doesn't mean that there isn't any danger. It may work to draw them out, if , indeed as John says, that's what we want to do. But we should have more of a plan after that. Unless someone can think of a way to steal the water.

Floren:Of course, if we do kill something, then we'd at least have something else to eat besides ration bars.

Patrick:I'm pretty handy with a rifle. I could provide some extra cover fire.
Callidus
Well a method of refilling our water supply without interfering with them would be preferable. While we're confident in our abilities not tangling with Afancs and risking injuries should be a back up plan I just thought I'd mention it as it might draw them away from us if needed and smiles to the group Although I'm sure we can come up with a better plan.
fistandantilus4.0
Patrick smiles I should hope so. We are a bunch of scientists
SinN
Micheal's on to something there. But before I decide to draw out an afanc....Wait? Isnt afanc Havoks favorite meal? Maybe I can ask him how he draws them out, if he does at all....Ill ask him later. Ok, time to see if our old croc buddies are around.
Cast a detect life spell. Aim specificly for bushes and other spots in the water where one could easily hide. More along the lines of where the tracks lead to.
fistandantilus4.0
Michaels:I don't suppose that we have any hoses from the jeep, or anything similar? We could just suction the water out to our containers that way.

Patrick:Or perhaps some sort of pole? The weight would be heavy once a container was full of water, so we'd need something strong. Maybe one of the shafts holding the wheel in place on the sled? Then tie that off to one of the containers?

Floren If there is something dangerous in there, we'll have to be careful using any method, in case it gets provoked. We should be ready for anything.
Callidus
Hmm, I could create a physical barrier to cordon off part of the pool.... water will be able to pass through but anything larger than that shouldn't.... or as a plate just above the water line.... say an inch or two which should stop anything large getting out to attack us but not stop it breathing.... unfortuneately both kind of rely on the Afancs.... or whatever else might be in there.... not being within the cordon, plus the area will probably be quite small.... say a 6m by 6m wall type barrier, and it'll will likely fatigue me a bit, but shouldn't be too bad.... a headache probably.... and shrugs his shoulders about that worry.

Oh and either could well provoke them as the barrier is usually visible
fistandantilus4.0
Patrick:Michael, you're babbling. She smiles reassuringly.

E. Michaels That might help, if we can give our selves a corridor, or even better, a "U" to gather the water in . That way, even if something does attack, we'll have time to get back, use some spells.

I've got a particularily nasty lightning bolt spell I've been studying on. I'd rather not have to use it if I don't have to, but it would certainly help with anything in the water.
SinN
A Lightning bolt may not be the best idea Dr. Micheals. Im no Scientist, but I do know lightning travels pretty lightly through out water. Lets say you cast it, it hits the water, and we wake up every other critter in there with some nasty shocks and NOT having a good day. If at all possible, I'd like to keep whatevers sleepin in dreamland. Though it is a good plan. They'll make the V, and myself, and Dr. Micheals will be ready with some spells, preferably a manabolt of sorts. And Floren can be ready with his gun for some extra firepower. Anyone disagree?
fistandantilus4.0
Michaels: I was considering using the lightning bolt more as defensive measure. It would kill everything in the pool most likely.

Patrick The ecosystem out here is rather fragile. But .... I suppose this isn't my decision. We may have to be more aware of what's going to happen to us. Michael? She looks at Dr Holder.
Callidus
To Dr. Patrick and with a slightly embrassed smile Sorry it happens from time to time. As for a plan I'll try to form a U with the barrier spell and if anything comes out to investigate we can deal with it then. I have a stunbolt or ball spell in case we get swarmed, plus it shouldn't wreck the ecosystem around here too much, although I'm not sure how effective it will be while holding the barrier.

Hood did your detection spell tell you where in the pool the dangerous critters are? I'd prefer to keep the barrier between us and them if possible.

Also who fancy filling the jugs? Oh and something like a hankerchief or sock over the entry should stop small fish and so on getting in, although will slow the filling.
SinN
Well, the thing about a detect life spell, it detects all sorts of life, the water....well its another form of life. Thats why you can look through it astrally. I can try to cast one again, either on or around the water. Either way, the barrior spell will hold of just about anything, but not everything. Would you like me to assist you in that Micheal, or are you comfortable enough to handle it yourself?
fistandantilus4.0
Floren: I should be able to fill the jugs. Why don't we tie a rope to both of them. We've got enough from the sled, so I can go forward, and Elza can start pulling them back if we get attacked. That leaves you two indicates Hood and Dr Michaels to cover me with magic if anything goes wrong, and Michael can hold up the barrier. That work for everyone?

Dr Michaels Fine by me. but I suggest we hurry this up. The day is getting along and we're losing day light, and wasing in this heat.
Callidus
Okay, let's get this done then. I'll put up the barrier it will be about a 6 metre radius but visible so try to stay close until it's up

And advancing towards the pool a bit so he gets within about 5 metres Michael looks around and makes sure everyone's fairly close and then starts his calculations.

Okay.... Focus.... Just like the drills.... The wall will be imprevious.... allow 4.23 holes per square millimetre of radius 1.37x10-23 metres to allow water and air to pass through.... It must resist pressures up to....

....and as my will and calculations demand it will be

And with a slight sound of out rushing air and what almost appears to be a customary pop a shimmering globe-like barrier appears cordining off a section of the pool. And Michael sways a bit as the tail end of the spell whips against his mind more than he had expected.

Ouch! Frak! That hurt more than I was hoping.... no.... concentrate.... hold it.... don't let go just 'cos it hit you with some drain....

Looking about and seeing the looks as he sways he grits his teeth a bit and then speaks

Okay.... I'm fine.... Barrier's up. Hopefully should be clear, but watch yourselves as I while it keeps stuff out it would stop anything already in here/
fistandantilus4.0
Dr Floren moves up with the gtwo 25 gallon containers for the water, each tied with rope that Dr Patrick is holding. Dr Michaels waits at the ready incase the worst should happen.

[ Spoiler ]

Near the edge of the bordre, you seen the top part of the head of a very large croc surface, looking at Floren filling the water. It doesn't seem to understand.

[ Spoiler ]

The second afanc moves around the edge of the barrier, finding that it moves up on to land as well. The afanc also seems consued and keeps watching.

Floren quickly moves back, leaving the containers under the water, and drawing his predator as he moves next to Patrick. They both wait for a solid 60 count, then start dragging up the containers. Standing as they pull, they keep the containers mostly level so they don't spill too much water. After another 30 seconds, they cap the containers and pull them back.
SinN
Ready a manabolt. If I do fire one off, it'll be force 6.

Floren, be careful(as hes filling the jugs.) You to Dr. Patrick.

Alright, if we got what we need, then lets just back off slowly and get the hell out of here.

Its St. Patty's day and here I am potentially fighting afancs instead of being at the Blarney stone. Damn this job sometimes.
fistandantilus4.0
At the sight of potential prey escaping, the second afanc begins to maneuver around the glowing globe barrier, alarmingly fast. A crackling fills the air with the smell of ozone as Dr Michaels beings to fill his hands with lightning. Floren draws his Predator, keeping an eye on the first afanc, and moving to stay between the giant crocs and Dr Patrick.

Initiative
Callidus
Seeing the very much larger than expected heads appear in the water and then one crawling, not slowly, up the bank at the edge of the barrier, made Michael's stomach start doing somersaunts.

Man.... They.... they're a lot bigger than I thought.... reports and photos don't do them justice.... Frak, I hope we can handle this.... look a lot smart too.... more than reports suggest....

Or they're just finding out what the barrier is....

What you're back again? Well regardless of this headache we'll be okay.... The others are combat trained....

Yes.... but you aren't and this could be a fast retreat required....

Hang on.... you're not Rational.... so go away

No I'm Fear and you'd better fear them or....

Shut up! I'm busy!

Fine.... if you're going to be like that....

Michael just grit his teeth and concentrated on holding the barrier up and shielding the group from outside influences, as his mana induced headache beat on....
SinN
Micheal, Hold the barrior! Hood shouted as he prepared to fire off a strong manabolt.

Rolled 19 for my iniatitive
fistandantilus4.0
Afanc Init 13
SinN
hit the afanc with the manabolt

Roll
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]

Afanc as statted in SR3 Critters Pg 20 Willpower 4, boosting it to 5 for Australin Outback critter.

6(4),5,1,2,3,1,2 (edge 2 included) = 2 net success against 12 boexes dmg. Takes 10. Afanc retreats to the water.

The second afanc roars in rage, smashing it's self against the barrier as it charges. The barrier takes a crak but holds.

Michaels unleashes his lightning bolt as the second afanc comes charging out of the wate, also Force 6

[ Spoiler ]

Lightning arcs over the massive beast as it charges, but hardly slows it at all. Ther's a quick double tap as Floren fires his predator

[ Spoiler ]

Floren scores two solid hits but the beast keeps coming, headed for Dr Floren

Callidus, you scored higher Init than the afanc, and effectively held your action. Sustaining a spell doesn't require anything besides a -2. You can act, or it can attack.

fistandantilus4.0
Correction to above post. Afanc beat Holder's Init by 4, more if factoring in Combat Paraylsis

The afanc charges Floren, Dr Patrick is still retreating. The afanc moves forward jaws open wide with a hissing roar. it closes on Floren who is back pedaling, but still sitting in the sand from dragging in the containers....
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]

The beast snaps forward. There's the sound of a crack, and a wrenching scream, as the afanc bites down on Florens leg, breaking the bone. The beast begins to wrench him side to side, trying to tear off the leg.

Dr Patrick screams, blood sprays across the sand.

fistandantilus4.0
Holder lashes out at the beast next to him as he recoils at the same time. A bolt of pale blue energy can be seen lashing out, even by the mundanes, and strikes the afanc.

[ Spoiler ]

The beast nearly rolls from the blast, but instead slums to the ground, unconcious.
Floren, still reeling, manages to pull himself together enough to fire three more rounds into the things head before he realizes it's dead. He drops back flat against the ground, biting his lip, trying to hold back a scream.

Callidus
Frag! It went through the barrier? Frag!

Watching the action happen in a form of slow motion Michael sees his barrier give under the charge of the Afanc. As it passes through the hole, the barrier recovers and fills the hole, but critically too late. Watching unable to move fast enough he can only watch, horrified, as the Afanc bears down and jumps on Dr. Floren's leg nearly ripping it to shreds.

What do I do? what? How do I.... NO! I'll not let this happen.... not while I can breathe

As his vision snaps back to the scene in front of him, he can feel his rage building up.... trying to burst out.... and almost being feed to, or from?, his right arm. Holding that hand out to the Afanc the formulae pour through his mind and he feels the mana building, being feed by his fear, anger, and resolve, built beyond the levels his channelled before, beyond the point all the trainers said was safe.

Safe? I don't care if it's safe.... as long as Dr. Floren makes it through this.... and for that, that.... thing is going down

And as that thought flashes through his mind the mana jumps from his hand with a jarring painfully jolt and Michael feels a sticky wetness crawling down his arm from each of the rings and the gem of the foci.

FRAG! my arm.... that hurts almost like the first time.... but it's down we're safe.... no Floren.... his leg

And rushing over to the stricken doctor, he fumbles for his medkit. Attaching the sensors and starting to pull out the medication he knows will be needed before AutoDoc can even finish it diagnosis, he barely notices the helpful person assisting with the treatment.

Right, check for cut arteries, veins and major blood vessels, coagulant to slow the bleeding, bind the muscle fibres together if possible, painkillers, clean the remaining area, cover and protect.

Finishing as much as he could mundanely and covering the wound in protective NuSkin, Michael sat back and concentrated his mana again, this time in a much more soothing and constructive spell and hovering his hand over Floren's leg let the mana flow out in a measured stream, feeling it kitting together damaged muscle and skin far faster than nature could.

Turning to face Dr.Floren he speaks, altough his voice seems flat and overly calm

How's that? Hopefully it should be as good as new again, but let me know if you have any trouble.

And holding the mana stream tight to make sure the healing would not unravel itself the enormaty of what just happened crashed down on his psyche, and he sits down in the sand his arms draped over his knees, his eyes staring off into the distance at something only he could see.

He's safe....

For now....

What.... what! there.... there.... blood.... teeth.... FRAK....
fistandantilus4.0
Holder hears vague voices in the distance
How's the leg...

...near tore it off..

..move.. it'll only....

'''fraggin' croc... holder....

At some point there is a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

Blood dribbles from his fingers and his nose. Hard not to notice it. Insistant trickle, gets the attention... like water torture....

head hurts.....

Dr Michaels have to get it together... other one could come back....

Michaels speaking to Hood Good spell. If that second one had gotten to us, I think one of us at least wouldn't be leaving this place. I can't believe that afanc shrugged off my lightning so easily. The thing was drenched. I'll be sure next time to hold nothing back. Thank you. Thank both of you

He pats Holders shoulder again as he moves by.

Luckily, Patrick had managed to get one of the containers upright. The other fell over, gushing it's contents onto the ground. By the time someone rihgted it, half it's fill was gone.

Floren Michael... hey! Michael! .. it's ok buddy, it's over. You did good. Hell you did better than good, you saved my leg.

Once Floren is up and moving again, he moves over to Hood. Nice spell. Mind covering me with another one so I can finish off that water jug over there?

Floren gets the second container prepared. Dr Patrick looks aghast, apparently thinking the man a fool for going back. But as hurt as it was, the afanc does not resurface. Perharps some of he lightnning bolt hit the pool after all.

Amazingly, it takes Holder longer to recover than Floren.
SinN
Standing behind Floren, a bit stunned, and a little sore from that last spell, preparing another.
(By the way, I take 2 physical from the stun damage.)

Im amazed you're coming back to the water, Doc. Ive known people who are afraid of a glass of water after an encounter like that.

Alexander? If theres anything you can do for everyone, please do so now.

Master? You there boss? Anyway, If you want some afanc, we got some here for you. Send Puck if want. I think it might be already cooked. Haha
fistandantilus4.0
Floren simply smiles and nods his thanks. There seems to be a mutual respect there now.

Alexander manifests over the water, keeping watch on the second Afanc beneath.

Dr Michaels beings recontructing the sled, while Patrick gets the supplies put together. Everyone seems to be giving Holder some time to get him self together. Patrick still seems quite shaken. Floren is sweating, and not from the heat, but continues filling the water. The angel seems to be reassuring him.

Dinner? How thoughtful of you Gaelic. Everyone all right?
SinN
Cast a calm mood over Patrick.
There you are love, you should feel fine now.

Glances around for a sec, to completely take in the situation.

Everyones fine, with the exception of Floren, an afanc got a nice little bite out of him. But we took percaoutions and he should be alright. Still want that afanc? Or shall I toss it and let it go to waste?
fistandantilus4.0
*mental chuckle* Just leave it there. Nothing goes to waste in the Outback. I'll get what's left after the others see to it. You should get moving. The longer you take the worst it will be.
fistandantilus4.0
Soon enough Floren and Patrick have the rest of the water collected, Micahels has reassembled the sled. You found the oasis before the heat of the day, which is now beginning to set in. No one is tired at the moment however, due to the rush of adrenaline from the encounter with the afancs.

Floren We've got enough water to keep us for a while. Hopefully to get us to the dig site as long as nothing happens. Shall we go, or wait out the heat here?
SinN
Well, we got enough water to last the day if we do walk now, but its not safe here. Lets keep walking. If we find a safe place to rest, then we'll stop there.

Takes some of the water for Floren.

Alexander, assist Dr. Floren. His leg looks pretty nasty.
Callidus
Standing up again after as Dr.Floren finishes filling the water container, it was strange. The colours and vision was as normal but all the sound seemed further away.

There you are love, you should feel fine now.

Hood that's Hood why's he so far away? Oh he's not.... eh? what's up with my hearing?

We've got enough water to keep us for a while. Hopefully to get us to the dig site as long as nothing happens. Shall we go, or wait out the heat here?

Well, we got enough water to last the day if we do walk now, but its not safe here. Lets keep walking. If we find a safe place to rest, then we'll stop there.

Did the backlash effect my hearing?

No it's just shock.... you didn't react too well to the action.... well actually you did act very well during the action, just not after.... oh crap there you go again....

The action? oh, god the Afanc.... Fast.... Big.... Teeth.... friends.... blood....

oooookay, right you sort that out for yourself, we'll keep you moving along with the others as they look like they're going to move on in a bit.... Oh and have a look at your hand when we camp, you might want to treat the mana lash, oh and the headache.... Right where did you put those aspirin....

Walking slowly over to the others and shouldering his kit, Michael looks ready to carry on as that's what the survival experts seemed to be suggesting.

Ready when you are he says his voice sounding a little distracted but he seems to be mostly back in the land of the active and well.
fistandantilus4.0
The quartet moved on soon enough, continuing out through the rocky badlands. All the tracks of wild life suggest that this is the main source of water for this area. Where they are headed is even more desolate. Who knows then they'll see water again.

Everyone gives Floren his space. He seems to be walking in a daze. "Shell shocked" Floren calls it.

Should pass soon enough. He'll be fine. Don't worry, I'll watch out for him. Man saved my leg.

Something good seems to have come of the near disaster as well. Floren and Hood seem to have finally found some common ground, and a measure of respect for each other.

All thoughts seem to fade as the afternoon heat sets in. The travelers find them selves walking in a mindless haze. The same thought or words repeating over and over again in a never ending internal monologue. Sweat pours freely, quickly replaced by water from the tanks. Shelter is taken whenever shade is found. Floren takes care to make sure that no one stops sweating, because that's when dehydration sets in.

The day is long and murderous. By the time the sun sets, it's already sapped the strength from most of the group. Only Hood and Michaels seem resistant to the drain everyone eslse seems to be suffering from.

Patrick comes back from checking the supplies once they finally settle in.
I'd estimate we used a good fifteen gallons today. But by the GPS, we also made some good time. Even though we were trudging, we were still able to make a bit better time than our travel last night. Not having to watch where we stepped so much I suppose... still... I'm absolutely beat and...

Her words trail off as she slumps to the ground, resting her head between her legs. Not unconcious but certainly exhausted.Moving for 24 hours straight through the night and the days heat, and the days' ordeals have taken their toll on the entire group.

Dr Floren is already fast asleep, laying agsint a rock with his hat pulled over his eyes. His Predator is unholstered, in his hands.

A quite droning seems to lull the rest of the group, until they realize it is an actual sonud the were hearing. The low droning went on and on, slowly undualting in tones.

Hear that? said Michaels.That's a dingeredoo. Someone's out there.Could only be aborigines thi far out.
He looks to Hood Should we dowse the fire? I've heard they can be hostile.
SinN
Yeah, the least amount of attention, the better.
Do we ever get a fuckin break...?
Summon Alexander.
Alex, would you please invesigate what that was? And then after, kindly help me set up some sort of barrior?
fistandantilus4.0
Of course

Moments later, Alexander sends Hood a mental image through the ally link. There is an aboriginal man sitting on top of a rock, playing a dingeredoo. It seems by the perspective that he is probably a mile or two away. The sounds carries quite well out here.

The man is probably in his 30's, with short cut, curly black hair. There is a spear at his side. He is wearing nothing more than a loic cloth, and has a water skin at his side. He has designs painted in white over his skin.

Here is the source master. Would you like me to return to assist in erecting a barrier?
Callidus
Sitting down on the ground along with Dr.Patrick and resting his feet he looks up at another Outback sunset and the blaze of the sun slipping below the horizon.

Ugh, long day.... hot.... sun felt like hammer beating onto our heads.... hmmm, long night and day in fact.... and adrenaline hit in the middle too.... no, don't think of that.... it's past.... you can't change the past.... well at least it looks comfy here.... well as comfy as the outback seems to get.... think Elza has the right idea.... shame that damn buzzing fly won't go away....

Carefully peeling his right hand AR glove off to have a look at the mana burns, he carefully examines the hand looking for the normal burns and blisters and sees the rings and chain glittering slightly in the firelight.

Crap forgot about Hood, ah well too late now and I do need to treat this before it gets infected.... Strange.... no blisters? only very pale skin around the rings.... could that be what the biting feeling was? Hmm.... I'll have to investigate this, but no opportunity until we get the compound.... Well better just treat it and see what happens.

Pulling his medkit out again he pulls a few antisepic and antibacterial wipes out and starts cleaning off the remaining dried blood and cleaning around the wounds, while the medkit hands out suggestion for treating blood loss and minor punture wounds.

His ears perk up at the mention of the aborigine in the area though, I can help with a barrier if you need Hood?
SinN
Yes Alexander, that would be appreciated. Stick around for a few more minutes and examine the man. If he appears hostile, then tell me so. If he is not, then i wont have to put up a strong barrior and save us some time.

Alright Micheal. Im going to wait for Alexanders return to do so, so you'll have time to nurse your hand.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012