Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back to the Future
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Callidus
'These things happen'? That bastard.... concentrate, calm yourself.... no use getting pissed out here.... just bury his career when we get back.

Seeing Hood walking out in a temper, a perfectly understandable anger, Holder turns to say goodbye, for now at least.

Hood thank you for all your efforts, I don't think any of us would have made it without you. You have my gratitude if nothing else.

And typing a quick message into his AR keyboard, as discreetly as possible, he transmits it to Hood's comm.

My gratitude and more, my friend, I will definately recommend you for further work, and you have my commcode if you need my help. Also stay wary, something feels off here.... I don't remember Dr.Woods being this calluse

Then he turns back to Dr.Woods frowning slightly. No disrespect, sir, but I would have thought there would have been more compassion about a college's death. Anyway what would you like me to start on? and while waiting on an answer he carefully slips into astral perception to have a look around at the site.
SinN
Hood gets the message and looks back into the cave. Goes behind a tent and attempts to speak to Bahamut
Master, The people here are acting strange, even Dr. Holder says so. Dr Woods didnt care that Floren had died, and this is strange to Micheal.
fistandantilus4.0
Roll Assensing

There's a number of wonderful things I'd like to show you. First though, we'll need Dr Patrick down here. Diego is fetching her. Feel free to have a look around while we wait. And for that man to leave. I do not trust him
fistandantilus4.0
HoodDo not leave Holder's side if you can avoid it. I believe things are not as they appear. Prepare your self for anything.

As Hood is having his conversation at the cave mouth, the elf Diego walks past towards the tents.
SinN
Hood walks back around the tent and stops a guard.
Excuse me, is there anywhere private I can clean up a bit?
fistandantilus4.0
yeah, help your self.

He poitns to one of the outer tents

Holder Astral Perception - The cave is a massive power sitee, it's difficult to see. Everything is glowing, especially the pool. It looks like there is a lot of potantial here, and steps have been taken to tap it.

Interestingly , some of the basic weave of the magic in the cave is similar to your arm band.
SinN
Hood enters the tent.
He summons Alexander.
Alexander. Aid me, I need to get into that cave. I think Micheal is in danger. Come into the cave with me in case I need some assistance.
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]
Callidus
Hooooly Frak! The whole thing's a power site? And.... someone's tapping it? I wonder who.... or what.... Looks familiar somehow though.... wait, like my bracer? and he involentarily glances down at his right hand So it's nothing we've set up.... but for a power site to last this long.... boogles the mind.... wonder if I can figure out what's tapping it.... well that'll have to wait, don't want Dr.Woods to think I'm goofing off.... if it really is Dr.Woods....
fistandantilus4.0
Diego and Dr Patrick head through the camp down in to the cave. Holder sees her as she walks in, looking around in marvel at the cave structure. She immediately goes to the walls looking for any diagrams.

Dr Michaels is still looking around in wonder.

This is fantastic. This cave is not physically possible. We haven't gone deep enough in to the earth for it to be so tall. have you ever seen anything liek it Michael?
SinN
Hood walks out of the bathroom and to the cave. Once In there he looks for Dr. Holder. He see's him sends him a com message:
Micheal, something here isnt right. Be ready for anything to happen. And keep Dr. Woods from kickin me out of this cave. I need to check this out.
Callidus
No.... I haven't and it seems to be a power site of some kind.... I can almost feel my hair rising with the levels in here.... Have to admit I had noticed the height issue.... Hmmm teleportation or spatial compression? Neither is normally possible even with magic.... as far as I know....

I'll try, although he really doesn't trust you. Watch out, there's a lot of power here
fistandantilus4.0
Woods does indeed seems annoyed when Hood walks back in.

You are dismissed sir. Please leave now.
SinN
Hood looks Woods up and down.
Im dismissed when my job is finished. I was told to acompany Micheal here. Im afraid I serve a higher power then you. I am unarmed and have no intentions of hurting anyone. Do yourself, and me a favor and stay outta my way. Hood quickly dismisses Dr. Woods and walks to Micheals side.
How are we mate?
fistandantilus4.0
Excuse me sir, but you were hired to birng htme here. They are here. This is a secure Neonet site, and you are now trespassing. At the very least ,you are jeopardizing your pay. You are soon in danger of your life.
SinN
Oh, so now you care about life?
Hood Shrugs with a laugh.
I dont care for my pay. Im staying here with Micheal until he tells me to go. And be careful who you threaten old man, you have no idea who I am.
fistandantilus4.0
Very well, Dr Holder, tell him to go.
Callidus
One moment, he's just giving me a report and drawing Hood to the side slightly and lowers his voice

Hood I can't go against a direct order like that.... not with no proof that he's controlled.... and with this many guards. On the other hand while you do this 'report' try to get your checking done, that and if you can get your mindlink up without them noticing I can keep you informed as best I can.
fistandantilus4.0
Hood
Something is not right here Gaelic. Let me see the astral through you.

Without waiting for an answer, Hood's mind is fileld with the presence of the dragon. His sense shift in to the astral plane. Immediately he is dazzled by the brillinat glow of energies in the cave. The loose thread structure is immediately apparent, showing ancient forms of magic he's only studied loosely so far.

At the dragon's command, he looks around the room, taking in all the people within it and the cave's great pattern.

The site is becoming active. There is not much time you... wait... Rho?! Gaelic, what is he doing there!?

Hood is looking at Dr Michaels, near Dr Holder.

Gaelic, what is that ork doing there? He is an initiate of Black Omega.

Hood's mind locks on to those words. Black Omega: The Initiatory group of Neonot. High level initiates that also make regular use of cyber ware.A very powerful group that handles Neonet's blackest of black projects. Hood feels the dragon's mind lock on to him, and then suddenly veer off. Hood's gaze falls on Dr Woods behind Michaels/Rho. The dragon's sight takes over Hood's own vision, immediately piercing the doctor's masking as if he were parting spider webs. Hood sees the black stain on Woods' aura. A stain a corruption right in to his very soul. He sees the darkness attached with threads to Woods' shadow, and the horror construct lurking within it.

Gaelic, Holder has been corrupted. You must destroy him and Rho. Rho would certainly know what Altyrre is. He killed Floren. Destroy them both. They cannot be allowed to control the cave.
SinN
Yes Master.
Without hesitation Hood pulls out his Hawk Hatchets.
RHO!!! Hood Lets out a low roar of the orcs name.
Bringing the Hawk Hatches up to his face.
Sukka! Bringing them down to his sides igniting them into flames.
He stands ready then attacks Rho.

Initiatitive-11
Roll- 5,4,5,6,6,6,2,5,5,6
19 net success's
fistandantilus4.0
Hood leaps forward at Dr Micahels, a pair of very peculiar looking, flaming weapons in his hands. They have a central handle, with a curved blade coming off of each end.

Init: 14
SinN
Once met in front of the orc, Skill fully slash at him with the hawk hatchets
Close Combat-6
Agility-6
Roll-4,1,6,4,6,6,5,5,4,2,6,6=7 net success's
Callidus
HOLY FRAK! What the hell.... He spaces out.... then starts screaming different names at people and attacks.... what do I do? What do I do.... The vision.... the vision's coming true? Well I have to stop it from it's finish.... now how the hell do I do that?

Wait.... what did the major say to do first in combat? Cover.... yes cover

And looking around desperately he heads for the nearest cover.
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]

Defense = 10 sucesses

Moving with amazing quickness, michaels gets anarm up inside of hood's reach and blocks the swipe.
SinN
[ Spoiler ]

fistandantilus4.0
Holder runs around for a moment looking for cover, and then realized he's in a wide open cave . Else screams, Deigo raises his assault rifle.

SinN
[ Spoiler ]
SinN
roll:5,5,3,4,5,6,6,2,1,1,4,3=5 net succes's
a total of 12 net hits
fistandantilus4.0
The first blade is blocked by Michaels' arm, then the second slices across his abdomen, under his guard .

Resisted damage = 4

[ Spoiler ]
SinN
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]
SinN
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
The slahs draw blood, but suprisingly, he only grits his teeth.

His hand flies forward, blasting out a large lightning bolt.
Force 12 Lightning Bolt.

Roll Reaction first to Reduce net successes.

After that add 12 to his net successes, and roll counterspelling + body+1/2 impact armor

11 net success on spell casting.

Drain = 2 stun

Michaels blasts Hood, lightning crackling about everywhere. He centers away the drain, showing only the slightest strain at the massive spell, growling in Or'zet.
SinN
Hood defends with his arms setting up a counterspell. He growls with the blast and is moved back a few feet.
Micheal! They are not what they seem! They are evil beings controlled by Horrors! They killed Floren! And now they're going to kill us! Help me destroy them!

Reaction-6
Roll:
2,2,5,5,6,5=4 net success's

Initiate-6
Body- 8
Half Impact armor-2
Toughness-3
Total-19
Roll:
6,1,1,2,1,5,5,6,6,5,3,4,5,6,5,4,6,5,5=12 net success's

Magic-12-8 for adept points=4
Counterspelling-5
Sheilding metamagic-6
total 15 dice
Roll:
1,4,5,5,6,6,5,6,4,3,4,1,6,6,6=9 net success's
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]
SinN
[ Spoiler ]
SinN
Damn this guy is strong. But I must destroy them..The only way is....ah damn it. Alright here goes.
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Complex action to change forms

Micahels balsts Hood with a bolt of lightning, and is suprised to see him mostly shrug off the massive bolt. Hood beings flewing, asn his clothes beign to rip apart, as she shifts, taking on more draconic features. He trasforms in to a drake. Rather than fear, Michael's face sets in to resolve ,and unleashes a massive manabolt.

Mana bolt Force 12 w/ Edge. 14 successes.

Roll SHielding 6 + Counterspelling 5 + Magic 4 +Willpower to resist.
SinN
Sheilding-6
Counterspelling-5
Magic-4
Willpower-6
Edge-7
Total-28 dice
Roll:
3,3,1,5,4,6,6,5,3,2,6,6,5,6,5,4,5,6,3,5,6,6,5,6,5,3,5,6= 19 net success's

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
The action is fast and furious, two spells and the change happening only in seconds as Holder watches. Dr Woods beings running across to cave towards Elsa.
SinN
Hood flys up and glides towards Woods. Landing in front of Dr. Patrick, defending her.
Through Dragon speach, but speak into his mind
Leave her alone you Horror scum!
Breathe Fire on him.
Agility-8(drake form +2)
Exotic Range-5
Roll
5,2,6,6,3,4,5,5,1,2,6,6,5=8 net success's

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Dodge = 5 successes and a glitch

The flames wash over the unarmed Dr Woods, ripping a terrible scream from him as he dies horribly in the conflagoration. Elsa screams again, frozen in terror with no where to run. Diego's assault rifle opens up as Dr Michaels unleashes yet another spell.

Diego the elf fires at Hood/Drake, roll Reaction to dodge, then Body +Impact armor to resist Damage.

Automatics + SGL+ Spec+Automatics+Edge- moving target: (Long burst) =
8 successes

Base Damage 6DV -1AP +2DV-2AP(EX Ammo) = 8DV base, =-3AP + Net successes.

Michaels Spell at Hood- Agony Force 15 Spellcasting +Edge= 16 successes
Takes 1 box physical Drain

Roll tests against the shots and the spell casting, then roll initiative.
Callidus
Frak! Frak! Frak! No cover.... there's no cover.... what to do.... what to do.... Holy Crap! Dragon?.... Dr.Woods?.... Crap! Crap!.... Right.... get a grip.... Any grip.... Erm.... Right.... KO everyone.... Sort out this crap later when people are tied up and not flame grilling each other.... But first.... Dr.Patrick need some cover from this level of magic.... Focus extend the shielding.... and with the familiar mental click he feels the counterspelling cover himself and the sceaming Dr.Patrick

And now the spell.... focus.... form and energy.... and holding his hands as though holding a largish ball he starts to focus his mind into shaping the magic into the correct formulae and slowly a blue globe forms between his hands....

Initiative for next round
[ Spoiler ]

Actions for next round
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]
Callidus
Intentions

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]
Callidus
Horrors? What the hell are those.... Wait was there a reference from a dig.... where is it? This is important.... Come on mind faster.... as pages of notes, inscriptions and translations whip past his mind's eye Nope nothing, doesn't sounds good but then again Hood's acting really stran.... WHAT THE HELL! What.... How.... Frakking dragons.... Guess the old addage is true then 'Never deal with a Dragon for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'.... Wait.... No.... don't....

NOOOO! Dr.Woods Why the hell did you do that you frakking dragon!

The small blue ball grew rapidly to the size Holder was aiming for and throwing his arm forward as though he was forcing the energy ball towards it's target, the spell flies forward from the gem in the center of his right palm. A look of surprise and then shock flows over his face as Holder sees the spell grow even more as it flys towards it's target.

Why's it growing.... oh frak! I forgot the power site.... This is going to hurt....

And as he thought that the spell ball arrives that the target point and explodes covering both Dr.Michaels and Hood in a wave of brilliant blue light that vanishes also as soon as it appears. Holder sees none of this as the waves of feedback lash at his mind and body as the spell detonates. Forcing his mind to resist the waves and deflect them he manages to avoid the worst of the lashes but still he feels the now almost familiar sensation of his focus drawing on his body to feed the spell and welts and burns start to appear along his arm.

Spell Drain... whimper

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Holer's spell lashes out. When his vision clear, he sees Hood reeling from it, his arcane defenses up. Michaels however , is a different story.

The ork is standing there... smoking. The cool blue color of the stun ball is washing over his body like an aura. His hands are out at his sides, as if he's holding up something large. His face looks pained, and there's blood running down his nose. The smoke ... it isn't smoke.. it's buring mana. He absorbed the spell. All he could take and more. The mana burn is teearing through his body, more than even his strength is able to hold. It's terrifying to think of what it must feel like. Even a powerful mage liek Holder could beraly handle half that amount of mana, much less the spiked spell.

That was not smart Michael. Not . Smart...at all.

The words are growled out through the pain. Michaels pulls his hands back. Holder can see the energy he just took in building between his palms , in to a massive spell. The energy coallesses in to the deep dark blue violent energy of a manabolt. A very large one. Michael's whole body moves as he throws the massive spell.

Using the stored energy to assist in resisting the drain, Dr Michaels throws a Force 20 Manabolt at Holder.

Magic Rating 12 + Spellcasting 5 + Combat spell Specialization-2 wounds = 17 dice
- Not using edge as he's saving t for the damn dragon-thing

Net hits = 8

Spell comes out at Force 24 thanks to the manasurge.

Roleld 12 net hits exactly for drain. Resisted drain.

[ Spoiler ]

Callidus
Seeing the burning mana coalesing around Michaels body and then him throwing the massive manabolt at him, Holder's world seems to go into slow motion.

Frak! He.... absorbed it? I'd heard that it was possible but.... how does he survive channelling that much.... wait.... MANAbolt.... Frak! What do I do, can I even stop that thing? I don't think I can

You have to or we're all be dead and you'll never find out what's going on

Right, you're right!

And as the world kicks back into motion Holder's resolve locks in tight just in time as he crosses his arms in front of himself as the manabolt washes over him. His mental defences creaking and almost splitting until another jolt from his right hand shores them up again and deflects the spell off to his right and away from his sensitive aura.

Thank you, my golden friend, again you save me in my hour of need. I just hope we are up to surviving this disaster.

Spell Resistance

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Michaels looks completely shocked. It lasts for only a mooment, then his jaw sets in resolve. It's clear he is now seeing Holder just as much as an enemy and threat as the draco-Hood.

Round 2 Initiative : 22

[ Spoiler ]

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012