Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planing 1st decking
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
swe_wolfis
Hi again,

I'm doing my first real decking on Wednesday and since I have never played a decker before(and neither has the GM) so I have tried to plan how I want the run to happen. Is this done correctly?

A target is hiding in his apartment and before the team goes in physical I want to see if there are any cameras and/or other security features. I know the physical address but not the LTG# to the computer system.

Novatech Hyperdeck
Browse(6), Deception (6), Spoof (6), Sleaze (6), Validate (6), Read/Write (4), Decrypt (5)

Computer 7
Hacking Pool 10.

Bod:3 Evasion:3 Masking:6 Sensor:6 DF:6
Masking Mode: Bod: 1 Masking 9 DF:8
If nothing else is said, 6 dice from Hacking Pool into DF=DF11

Log on to Seattle RTG( Matrix p.160 ) (Green-5 6/9/6/6/6)
Acesss6-Deception 6=TN2: Computer 7+4 hacking pool, 5 dice vs my detection factor.

Want to find a computer in South Bellevue Towers that controls security like elevators and cameras

Locate SAN(SR3 p.217)
Index6-Browse6=TN2: Computer 7+4 hacking pool, 5 dice vs my detection factor. Must get 5 net successes.

South Bellevue Towers is rundown apartment building so I guess that they have green-Easy

Log on to South Bellevue Towers LTG (only guessing host) (Green-6 10/9/8/8/9)
Acesss10-Deception 6=TN4: Computer 7+4 hacking pool, 5 dice vs my detection factor.

Validate Account(security access)
Control9(+2 for security account)-Validate 6=TN5: Computer 7+4 hacking pool, 6 dice vs my detection factor.

Then I am clear, unless I screwup and trigger any security.
Pendaric
Yes. Looks about right unless the hosts are harder/active deckers waiting for you or the ref veto's the optional rules.
Kagetenshi
Remember, whenever planing decking material, always wear a breath mask and be certain you have the right type of plane—planing away a great deal of wood with a fine, finishing plane will take you all day, while trying to do final smoothing work with a very coarse plane is an exercise in futility.

~J
Nyxll
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Feb 12 2007, 03:12 PM)
Remember, whenever planing decking material, always wear a breath mask and be certain you have the right type of plane—planing away a great deal of wood with a fine, finishing plane will take you all day, while trying to do final smoothing work with a very coarse plane is an exercise in futility.

~J

Duh, why do you have to be so literal all the time. nyahnyah.gif It was obvious that he was talking about an airplane. The jet engines and propellers make short work of any wood.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Nyxll @ Feb 12 2007, 03:34 PM)
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Feb 12 2007, 03:12 PM)

~J

Duh, why do you have to be so literal all the time. nyahnyah.gif It was obvious that he was talking about an airplane. The jet engines and propellers make short work of any wood.

...actually a 2 x 4 can wreak major havoc on the first stage compressors if ingested by a turbofan. Now the prop of an Allison 501 series tuboshaft (Lockheed C-130) at full RPMs, then your're talking splinter city.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012