Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Deus Ex exploits ever
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Wounded Ronin
I've found a site that has a collection of extremely funny Deus Ex exploits which has been updated in installments.

My favorite one, in the most recent installment, is how you don't have to pay for admission at Club Port De L'Enfer if you are carrying a dead body because it makes the cashier freak out and run into the club opening the door behind him.

http://www.it-he.org/deus.htm
eidolon
I really need to buy that game and give it another shot. I didn't care much for it the first time, but it might have something to do with the machine I had at the time not running it worth a damn. smile.gif
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (eidolon)
I really need to buy that game and give it another shot. I didn't care much for it the first time, but it might have something to do with the machine I had at the time not running it worth a damn. smile.gif

Really? I always felt that Deus Ex was, and still is, the best game ever made. I've been playing it over and over, with and without mods, for literally years now.

In a sense, I feel a little bit unhappy that game designers today are preoccupied with improving graphics so much. If somebody made a vastly expanded Deus Ex game with really solid good missions and good NPC interactions but with the same old 1997 graphics I'd be perfectly happy to buy that product. I don't, however, care about a theoretical game that has the best graphics of today but which is just utter cack gameplay.
eidolon
Oh don't get me wrong. I don't dislike it because it's not graphicy enough. One of my current and all time favorite games is Arcanum. I often say that using Arcanum as a basis would be the only way you could make a SR computer game that I'd play.

I dunno, I just didn't think it was all that good. But like I said, I want to give it another go, mostly because people around here have such high opinions of it.
SpasticTeapot
I need to get a copy of Arcanum. It sounds like hoot.

I personally vote for Baldur's Gate II as the king of games. It's semi-linear, semi-turn-based, yadda yadda yadda et cetera, but raining fireballs down on your enemies is just fun.
eidolon
Oh yeah. Love the BG games. Did you play the Icewind Dale games? Awesome.

I'm going to have to schedule a couple of weekends just for playing those things again.
domino10
i must admit i do miss playing dues ex now that i don't have it anymore
Unarmed
QUOTE (eidolon)
Oh yeah. Love the BG games. Did you play the Icewind Dale games? Awesome.

I'm going to have to schedule a couple of weekends just for playing those things again.

Since this thread seems to be turning into a thread where we talk about really good crpgs, I'm going to have to go ahead and mention Planescape: Torment, and Fallout. Those are my two favorite games of all time.
HullBreach
There used to be this great website for 'Zyme junkies. I guess some folks played through Deus Ex with their dude high as a kite for the majority of it.
eidolon
I just discovered Direct2Drive. Anyone ever order from them before? I'm thinking about getting the GotY edition of Deus Ex from them, because it seems that as old as it is, their copy will have all of the patches that there will ever be for it.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Unarmed)
QUOTE (eidolon @ Feb 19 2007, 09:39 AM)
Oh yeah.  Love the BG games.  Did you play the Icewind Dale games?  Awesome.

Since this thread seems to be turning into a thread where we talk about really good crpgs, I'm going to have to go ahead and mention Planescape: Torment, and Fallout. Those are my two favorite games of all time.

I follow up those with Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
nezumi
Arcanum had a great idea, but terrible execution. Talk about a game in need of bug-testing!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012