Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Shadowrun RPG books?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
SimpleRunner
An email I found in my inbox showed me that they had picked some things for me to look at, among these was Shadowrun Street Magic. I wondered what the current list price was and my eyes found that there were other books listed on the page I hadn't heard of and certainly hadn't seen listed on the FanPro: Shadowrun RPG site.

Shadowrun: Arsenal (FPR26007) (Shadowrun) (Hardcover)
The book preorder can be found here.
by Rob Boyle (Author), SHADOWRUN (Author)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List Price: $34.99 
Price: $34.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details 

Pre-Order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and release date, you'll receive the lowest price. See Details 

Availability: This title will be released on March 31, 2007. Pre-order now! Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Augmentation (Shadowrun 4 Edition) (Hardcover)
The book preorder can be found here.
by Rob Boyle (Author)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List Price: $34.99 
Price: $23.09 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details 
You Save: $11.90 (34%) 

Pre-Order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and release date, you'll receive the lowest price. See Details 

Availability: This title will be released on June 1, 2007. Pre-order now! Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

*Did a forum search to see if this was new or old info and didn't see any related topics on this, so sorry in advance if this is old news.
the_dunner
Take a look at the recent Release Dates Thread in the SR4 forum. These were just discussed there. wink.gif
HullBreach
This thread of reasoning always leaves me thinking the same thing: I want to throw buckets of money at Fan Pro, they just need to bring some more stuff out.
Large Mike
Hear, hear. I would throw oodles more dollars at FanPro, if only they provided a vehicle to do so.
PBTHHHHT
Though I would prefer that vehicle be a porsche than a go-kart... wink.gif
HullBreach
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
Though I would prefer that vehicle be a porsche than a go-kart... wink.gif

A point well taken! If patience will deliver us a better product, than I'll learn patience.
the_dunner
QUOTE (HullBreach)
I want to throw buckets of money at Fan Pro, they just need to bring some more stuff out.

There are two ways to throw buckets of money at them:

1) Buy multiple copies of everything.

2) Recruit new players, and get them to buy the books. biggrin.gif

I'm sure that if sales numbers substantially increased, the number of publications would also increase.
HullBreach
QUOTE (the_dunner)
QUOTE (HullBreach @ Mar 3 2007, 05:33 PM)
I want to throw buckets of money at Fan Pro, they just need to bring some more stuff out.

There are two ways to throw buckets of money at them:

1) Buy multiple copies of everything.

2) Recruit new players, and get them to buy the books. biggrin.gif

I'm sure that if sales numbers substantially increased, the number of publications would also increase.

In answer to #1: Bagging a second copy of the BBB as soon as the latest printing rolls out.

In answer to #2: I think I've got some buddies hooked enough that our local gaming store is going to have a record year if everything makes it to press.
Jaymes
It's nice to keep one copy to use and one copy as a collectible. I'm a SR diehard so to me it's worth it. wink.gif
HullBreach
QUOTE (Jaymes)
It's nice to keep one copy to use and one copy as a collectible. I'm a SR diehard so to me it's worth it. wink.gif

I actually own a first run copy of the Street Samurai catalog from first edition. Complete with the banned ammo and high-cap mags that were removed later on.
Jaymes
QUOTE (HullBreach)
I actually own a first run copy of the Street Samurai catalog from first edition. Complete with the banned ammo and high-cap mags that were removed later on.

Very nice. I have a copy of the first edition Street Samurai catalog in great condition, but I'll have to recheck to see if it is a first run or not. I doubt it is, as I didn't get onboard until near the final days of the first edition. At some point, I would like to go back and try to get as much of a complete set of the first edition as possible though.
eidolon
I've got the same book, but like Jaymes I don't know the printing at the moment. That's one field that my catalog is currently lacking, pending my having time to add it.
HullBreach
You know what would make for a great book, that would sell like hotcakes if they made it?

A sort of compilation, or 'State of the Sixth World' book that would compile all of the minutae of the timeline thats scattered over litterally dozens of out of print books into one manual. A sort of "heres where were at as of Jan 1st 2070" book.

I could honestly see blowing $50-75 bucks on it if they included a sort of 'Best of' Art section too.
Trigger
I would throw my money at Fanpro for a book like that as well, it would be so worth it.
the_dunner
QUOTE (HullBreach)
'State of the Sixth World' book that would compile all of the minutae of the timeline thats scattered over litterally dozens of out of print books into one manual. A sort of "heres where were at as of Jan 1st 2070" book.

I've been pushing for a "Sixth World Update" since 2004. Every time I bring it up, I'm told -- go hit Ancient History's Site. Now, nothing against AH -- that's a fantastic resource. But, I want it as a book (and PDF) too.

I also think a book like that would be phenomenal for bringing folks who haven't followed the line for a couple of years back into the fold.
Trigger
QUOTE (the_dunner)
QUOTE (HullBreach @ Mar 8 2007, 04:29 PM)
'State of the Sixth World' book that would compile all of the minutae of the timeline thats scattered over litterally dozens of out of print books into one manual. A sort of "heres where were at as of Jan 1st 2070" book.

I've been pushing for a "Sixth World Update" since 2004. Every time I bring it up, I'm told -- go hit Ancient History's Site. Now, nothing against AH -- that's a fantastic resource. But, I want it as a book (and PDF) too.

I also think a book like that would be phenomenal for bringing folks who haven't followed the line for a couple of years back into the fold.

It is also a great time to put it out with the start (still early in) of the new edition, as the history in the BBB just isn't enough for new players sometimes, and they shouldn't have to read all the various sourcebooks to catch up on the happenings of the sixth world (well they should, but it isn't practical). This book would be an amazing resource as well and I think most of us out there would gladly buy it.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (the_dunner)

Also great for referencing things you odn't want to dig through three different books to find. Example: The thread someone posted on the subjet of Saito's ousting. Assuming the deatils are given in one of the new books, that makes the references to Saito being in a total of .. lesse (1-assumed new book, 2- SOTA 64, 3-Threats 2, 4- system Failure, 5 -Year of the Comet) 5 books. Now how the hell is that pracitcal? If those books were all still actively printed, on the shelves, taht'd be one thing. But they aren't, and since we're on to a whole new edition, I doubt we'll see a whole lot of reprints.

Hell a book like this would be fine either as IC like many of the books are, or even just as an encyclopedia. I'd be fine with just a "this is what happened, this was the bulk, this was the result" on the SRrpg page, but then they couldn't make any money selling it. So hell ya, give us a book. Couldn't be that hard to put together. It's not like they need new writers, they just need people that are essentially good at doing a good SR themed (and hopefully styled) book report.
Jaymes
QUOTE (the_dunner)
But, I want it as a book (and PDF) too.

You know what, the_dunner? Your post got me thinking that it would really cool of FanPro, given this age of technology and all, to allow you to download a PDF version of a sourcebook, if you have purchased the physical sourcebook. Maybe they can just put a card inside each copy with a one-time use code or something. Heck, I'd even be willing to pay a $5 premium to cover the bandwidth costs.
Garrowolf
here here. I wish they did the same (and bookmarked the hell out of it too!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012