Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [SR3] SOTA: 2065 - Cyberware
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Sphynx
Starting a thread to enhance cyberware in 2065. Current ideas are (these are just ideas)....

Enhanced Cyber Sensory Options: This can be puchased on CyberEyes and CyberEars. Each level costs 2,000 nuyen.gif and 0.1 essence. It increases the amount of 'essence' a cyber-organ can hold by 0.40 and can be bought in up to 3 levels. So a CyberEye with 1 level of ECSO could hold up to 0.9 essence of other eye-ware (or 1.1 essence if an AlphaGrade eye).

Dermal Sheathing CommLink: Of course, CommLinks are the big 'sale' of this issue, the Wireless chapter. Having a commlink implanted directly into your Dermal Sheathing is a bit more costly but has an increased function if your dermal sheathing is covered with ruthenium. It allows it to directly connect to your clothing, changing the colors of your clothing to either match your surroundings, or your personal color selection via mental command. Assuming of course, your clothing has Ruthenium Polymers... The 'scanners' can be either in your clothes this way and allow you to change your revealed skin

Partial Dermal Sheathing: Only covers your hands and head. Useful for full Ruthenium usage, or just matching your clothing.

Mneumonic Package: A 'total deal' package which includes everything you need to be a Mneumonic Courrier. Datajack, DataLock, Level 4 Data Compactor, Level 3 Math SPU for creating an encryption, Level 6 Encryption, 200MP Head Memory (1000 when compacted). Total cost is 1.00 Essence and 50,000 nuyen.gif A nice 'bonus' for getting a whole package installed instead of piece by piece. Very cool deal for a Decker too, since the deck doesn't always make it out of the run, but if the head doesn't make it out of the run, well, doesn't really matter anyways, right? Store that needed data somewhere a bit safer. (And with Wireless being so 'new' after the crash, the only safe way to get data transfers is via Mnemonic Courriers, AKA Johnny's)

Our objective in the cyberware chapter is to attempt bringing the samurai to a more useful level due to how much more interesting it's becoming to be a mage. The more books that come out, the more magic is introduced because there seems to be a limit to how much you can change a person's body. "Ok, he's faster stronger smarter... great". nyahnyah.gif

And FYI, most of the Wireless Chapter is written as thematic, explaining the 'crash' of 2064 as per the SR4 book, and the integration of the new Wireless Matrix.

Highly interested in seeing more non-combatish cyberware ideas from others. Preferably more intrusion level cyberware than hack-n-slash cyberware, such as the dermal sheathing stuff. The ECSO was just to get things inline with SR4 without actually re-writing canon material.
nezumi
Umm.. Yeah... I sent you stuff already, and you've gotten back to me on what you like. Soo... I guess thats my two cents smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012