Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruitement Sticky Topic?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Seven-7
I'm not new to SR or DS, but I've never really tried this section. At first glance it seems to be pretty bare of open games, but I could be wrong. Is there any chance of having a stickied topic where GM's can post games that are open, going to be open, or some such? Or is there already and I've just not looked hard enough? smile.gif
DireRadiant
Just look for relatively recent recruitment threads, there've been several in the last two weeks.

AS recruitment closes the thread drifts off.

When a game needs new players, typically they re open the thread.
Seven-7
That was another question I had, how long till a post is stale? 2 days old, three? It varries on different forums I've noticed.
DireRadiant
Stale?

I think anything more then ten days is unlikely to be revived.

Otherwise, even page 2 has active forum games and threads.
adamu
Used to be - a few months ago - that if I posted on my main topics once a day or so, they stayed pretty near the top of the page. But there have been a LOT of new games opening up lately. Now, if a game goes six or eight hours without a post, it could really sink, or even be pushed back to page 2.
adamu
And yeah, I agree with Dire - anything with no posts for 10 days - probably write it off.

I am in a game right now that I am desperately trying to keep afloat - and that has gone for over a week at least once. Not sure how long I can keep it going.
Seven-7
Alrighty then, that answers my questions smile.gif. I'll just have to look out, I've got some ideas for a Samurai.
fistandantilus4.0
generally speaking, we aren't super excited about sticky-ing topics. Kinda clutters the place up, ya know? smile.gif

Recruitment threads really aren't that hard to find. Try looking in the page 2 to 3 area, and check the last post date. When in doubt, jsut PM the person who started it. Some people may even let you jump in mid game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012