Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back in Print?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BullBear
Hey all,
I've ordered the gm screen, runner havens, on the run, and have a group ready to play. However, we can't find the rulebook anywhere!

Has anyone heard when they will become available again?

Thanks!
DireRadiant
It's in a warehouse somewhere.

DS is planning a run. If you can find the secret forum, you can help.
the_dunner
Rumor has it that the core rules should be in stores again by the end of the month. If you can't wait that long, there's an eBay auction up at the moment with a BIN of $20 + $5 shipping. I doubt it's new condition for that price, but it's at least a cheap rule book. (Don't take this as an endorsement of the auction. I don't know the seller, and I only saw it when I checked eBay after seeing this posting.)
nathanross
Buy the eBook or get one off bittorrent. Still buy the book, but what ya gotta do, ya gotta do.
JongWK
*ahem*
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (JongWK)
*ahem*

Okay, obviously the bittorrent suggestion is illegal and wrong.

But really, in my opinion (as someone not connected to Shadowrun, Fanpro, or Wizkids in any way) the morality of the situation is changed significantly by the fact that the book is not currently available for purchase and more importantly by the fact that he swears in the name of all things holy under penalty of drawing and quartering followed by the tarring and feathering of the dismembered pieces to buy the book as soon as humanly possible, I think that mitigates things somewhat.

Not legally, of course.
eidolon
Just a friendly reminder that we don't advocate, condone or support pirating on DSF. Thanks!
DireRadiant
I'm certain you can still purchase the PDF online, which has turned out to be an awesome convenience for me to have.

I have the paper one too... first printing... from GenCon release, so it's like I needed to buy the PDF to satisfy my SR fix.
Unarmed
I should probably buy the pdf version too just so I don't have to haul my book out at work every time I need to check rules for forum games. =)
Fezig
PDF is better than nothing, and with a laptop it makes it a viable option for running a campaign in the meat.

Call me old fashion, but I still love having the full paper edition. Guess the elves will hate me for the tree killing, but I consider it a small price to pay, the trees are asking for it anyhow.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Fezig)
PDF is better than nothing, and with a laptop it makes it a viable option for running a campaign in the meat.

Call me old fashion, but I still love having the full paper edition.  Guess the elves will hate me for the tree killing, but I consider it a small price to pay, the trees are asking for it anyhow.

..actually I am striving for more PDFs, less screaming trees. Makes for a lighter load when travelling to game sessions.
Fezig
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
QUOTE (Fezig)

Call me old fashion, but I still love having the full paper edition.  Guess the elves will hate me for the tree killing, but I consider it a small price to pay, the trees are asking for it anyhow.

..actually I am striving for more PDFs, less screaming trees. Makes for a lighter load when travelling to game sessions.

Thats why god invented backpacks and rollerskates nyahnyah.gif
nathanross
QUOTE (JongWK)
*ahem*

I would just like to let everyone know that I own not only SR4, but every other Shadowrun book WK/Fanpro has printed and over half of the books FASA printed (all falling apart of course) and while I love this game and will hopefully never have to stop shelling out my hard earned cash for Shadowrun (when there are more books to buy of course), I see no reason to pay upwards of $20 for an electronic version of something I already own.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Mar 14 2007, 07:08 PM)
..actually I am striving for more PDFs, less screaming trees.  Makes for a lighter load when travelling to game sessions.

Let the trees scream. You just can't get that "new pdf" smell.

QUOTE (nathanross)
I see no reason to pay upwards of $20 for an electronic version of something I already own.

Copy right laws not withstanding, it becomes an issue when you suggest to people to look for books for download in pdf format without paying for them.

Moon-Hawk
Oh, and I should say that my previous comments regarding the mitigating morality were also contingent upon deleting the evil, dirty, unclean copy of the pdf as soon as the dead-tree version became available.
But you still shouldn't do it, because it's still just as illegal, and we'd hate to see anyone get in trouble for loving Shadowrun.
But as many people have said, owning both can be nice, in which case you should just go ahead and buy the pdf online, but that option takes more money.
eidolon
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)

If only my sig had characters left. biggrin.gif
Mistwalker
Or become a Fanpro Commando.

Part of the compensation package is a PDF copy of the BBB.
GuyofDoom
When is the core SR4 book due out again?
Demerzel
QUOTE (the_dunner)
Rumor has it that the core rules should be in stores again by the end of the month.

the_dunner
QUOTE (the_dunner)
Rumor has it that the core rules should be in stores again by the end of the month.

As above, so below.
Demerzel
I win.
GuyofDoom
awww that's a long time. Thanks though.
Demerzel
Only a coupple weeks. That's not bad when you're talking to people who are anxiously awaiting Unwired. rollin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (eidolon)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Mar 15 2007, 12:12 AM)

Just change it. I have no idea what the hell your sig says anyways. biggrin.gif
JongWK
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk)
QUOTE (JongWK @ Mar 14 2007, 03:31 PM)
*ahem*

Okay, obviously the bittorrent suggestion is illegal and wrong.

But really, in my opinion (as someone not connected to Shadowrun, Fanpro, or Wizkids in any way) the morality of the situation is changed significantly by the fact that the book is not currently available for purchase

If someone is so eager to get the book, the PDF is still available through several online stores. The morality doesn't change at all, and discussions of whether a PDF book is different from the print version do not factor in.

wobble.gif
Meriss
I don't know numbers but the last time i checked www.frpgames.com had some books. Can't say how many or print edition. hope that helps some.
Crakkerjakk
No good filthy trees. Think they're better than us they do. But I'll show em. I'll show em all. *Fires up the chainsaw.*
eidolon
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
QUOTE (eidolon @ Mar 15 2007, 09:03 AM)

fistandantilus4.0
*reads* wow, ok, I feel so enlightened now.

And yet... somehow... it hurts between my ears....
Larsine
QUOTE (eidolon)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Mar 15 2007, 07:12 PM)
QUOTE (eidolon @ Mar 15 2007, 09:03 AM)

There is a new updated version of the SR geek code at
http://shadowrun.fr/english/shadowrun-geek...ek-code-english

Lars
Caine Hazen
I was about to ask if there had been an update....
Fezig
Wow...its kinda odd to have a groups of people specifically labeled as geeks in a P&P RPG forum. Didn't realize things were so selective in SR... nyahnyah.gif
BullBear
Looks like the books are back in stock.

Amazon has 'em.
azrael_ven
Hate to break it to you, but playing a pnp pretty much labels you a geek. Creating your own speak on top of it means you really need to go on a date with a girl, move out of your mom's apartment, and take down those pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar. I mean this is as bad as 1337 speak from CS.
cetiah
Ahhh... Sarah Michelle Gellar. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012